Loving my replacement Note 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutzer

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I was just about to ditch/return the Note 7 and go with the Iphone 7 plus. The Iphone was back ordered until mid to late October. So the dilemma was to stay with the Note 7 or switch. Yesterday morning, I received an update on my old Note 7 and everything was a bit more snappier, less lag etc..I decided why not, I'll get the new replacement Note 7, if it still having all these issues I was having, I'll JUMP into the Iphone 7.
OMG, what a big difference it is from my old Note. Everything is snappier, no lag, it feels so much more optimized. This is what the NOTE 7 shoulda been when it first came out.
I'm so happy I stuck with the Note 7. Is everyone having the same experience as I am?

His Majesty

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
With the battery issues, I never really felt like the Note 7 was "mine" yet. Now with the safe Note 7 in hand, and the updates, it DOES seem sleeker, more smooth. I'm with ya. I'm happy I stuck it out and didn't take a sabbatical, waiting for the V20.

RANDOM_BUYER

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
I use a lot of apps at the same time, so ram is important to me + a few internal specs. I dont take a lot of pics, so camera isnt all that important to me.

That being said, I have no loyalty to any phones, I do research before I upgrade. and I upgrade every 2 years. I have the Note 4, and surprise surprise, this time around the best phone in the market is still Samsung. I used to have the iPhone 5, before I upgraded to the Note 4, as at that time it was between Galaxy 5, iPhone 5s (lol), and Note 4. Best specs hands down were Note 4.

This time around, the Note 7 may not have as much of a significant spec superiority as during the year I got the Note 4, but the 7 is still the better phone regardless. Going to wait for holiday season promotions + any additional promotions Samsung may offer due to the battery mess though!

Last edited:

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Candidly, I doubt the lag was the related to to the update. Keep an eye on the apps you install. For example, swiftkey for whatever reason caused me lag. Perhaps it was the cloud based word checking feature on swiftkey or maybe it was the way it intertwined itself in the OS. But removing it removed the lag.

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I really think they tuned the replacements. My green Note7 is definitely snappier and smoother than my original one.

laestrella

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
With the battery issues, I never really felt like the Note 7 was "mine" yet. Now with the safe Note 7 in hand, and the updates, it DOES seem sleeker, more smooth. I'm with ya. I'm happy I stuck it out and didn't take a sabbatical, waiting for the V20.
Agreed. I could never get comfortable until the battery issue was behind me now I can actually enjoy the phone.

anon(607340)

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I loved my Note 7 from the very beginning. But I do have to admit, with the new update it's noticeably smoother when scrolling, faster overall, and better battery life.

Nutzer

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Candidly, I doubt the lag was the related to to the update. Keep an eye on the apps you install. For example, swiftkey for whatever reason caused me lag. Perhaps it was the cloud based word checking feature on swiftkey or maybe it was the way it intertwined itself in the OS. But removing it removed the lag.

Yup, that is the first thing I noticed. I have the same apps I had from the old Note 7, and I agreed with you, I had the same Swiftkey lag as you did. This time around, I been using whatsapp/hangouts, email...typing away in Swiftkey...NO LAG. I am damn surprised how big a difference it is from the new green Note 7 and the old one. Try it yourself.
Like others have said, I'm in love again with the Note 7.

Nutzer

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Also, I didn't have to do any major tweeking of the phone. On the old Note 7, I had to change scaling from small to large, change all the animations to .5x, changed keyboards etc...
This time, everything is default except for disabling all the T-Mobile bloat and Samsung Plus app.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Even a resident cynic like me must admit battery life seems better and it was already good before the update. Never really had any lag beyond what I would expect for Android. My MXPE was fast and ditto for the Note 7.

BTW it is good folks appear to like it, since guessing the update locked the device down to prevent rooting and changing the green gauge. Of course, now they have to worry about pre-updated devices that could get fake green gauges...

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I really think they tuned the replacements. My green Note7 is definitely snappier and smoother than my original one.

Agreed. I don't have mine yet, but I don't think the update was just for the green battery icon. The size of the update did not match.
They must have been working behind the scenes since the original launch and tightened things up and pushed it out with this update.

meringo

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else notice that they cheapened the sim/sd tray? It was metal on my 1st note, now its flimsy plastic. Not a big deal, but something I noticed right away.

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else notice that they cheapened the sim/sd tray? It was metal on my 1st note, now its flimsy plastic. Not a big deal, but something I noticed right away.

I specifically remember my original was a flimsy plastic. I made a comment to my wife to be careful because it seemed like it could snap. She was for some reason was trying to jam the thing in there.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I specifically remember my original was a flimsy plastic. I made a comment to my wife to be careful because it seemed like it could snap. She was for some reason was trying to jam the thing in there.
Same here. Very cheap feeling.
Did you have an S7 or something else recently? Maybe you are confusing it with that one.

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site

I feel like the opposite happened for me. My original Note 7 had such a flimsy sim/sd tray that the sim card would continually pop out. On my replacement, the sim stayed in on the first attempt.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site

Women :)

I still have my pre-recall note 7 and the sim try is plastic on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie