10-12-2016 07:00 AM
133 123 ...
tools
    I was just about to ditch/return the Note 7 and go with the Iphone 7 plus. The Iphone was back ordered until mid to late October. So the dilemma was to stay with the Note 7 or switch. Yesterday morning, I received an update on my old Note 7 and everything was a bit more snappier, less lag etc..I decided why not, I'll get the new replacement Note 7, if it still having all these issues I was having, I'll JUMP into the Iphone 7.
    OMG, what a big difference it is from my old Note. Everything is snappier, no lag, it feels so much more optimized. This is what the NOTE 7 shoulda been when it first came out.
    I'm so happy I stuck with the Note 7. Is everyone having the same experience as I am?
    09-22-2016 09:42 AM
    With the battery issues, I never really felt like the Note 7 was "mine" yet. Now with the safe Note 7 in hand, and the updates, it DOES seem sleeker, more smooth. I'm with ya. I'm happy I stuck it out and didn't take a sabbatical, waiting for the V20.
    verks, amyf27, Jona005 and 4 others like this.
    09-22-2016 09:46 AM
    I use a lot of apps at the same time, so ram is important to me + a few internal specs. I dont take a lot of pics, so camera isnt all that important to me.

That being said, I have no loyalty to any phones, I do research before I upgrade. and I upgrade every 2 years. I have the Note 4, and surprise surprise, this time around the best phone in the market is still Samsung. I used to have the iPhone 5, before I upgraded to the Note 4, as at that time it was between Galaxy 5, iPhone 5s (lol), and Note 4. Best specs hands down were Note 4.

This time around, the Note 7 may not have as much of a significant spec superiority as during the year I got the Note 4, but the 7 is still the better phone regardless. Going to wait for holiday season promotions + any additional promotions Samsung may offer due to the battery mess though!
    09-22-2016 09:48 AM
    Candidly, I doubt the lag was the related to to the update. Keep an eye on the apps you install. For example, swiftkey for whatever reason caused me lag. Perhaps it was the cloud based word checking feature on swiftkey or maybe it was the way it intertwined itself in the OS. But removing it removed the lag.
    anon(607340) and OceanView like this.
    09-22-2016 09:52 AM
    Yes, I really think they tuned the replacements. My green Note7 is definitely snappier and smoother than my original one.
    09-22-2016 09:57 AM
    With the battery issues, I never really felt like the Note 7 was "mine" yet. Now with the safe Note 7 in hand, and the updates, it DOES seem sleeker, more smooth. I'm with ya. I'm happy I stuck it out and didn't take a sabbatical, waiting for the V20.
    Agreed. I could never get comfortable until the battery issue was behind me now I can actually enjoy the phone.
    09-22-2016 09:57 AM
    I am in love again, the phone is as smooth as butter
    jimd1050 and Viscomi4444 like this.
    09-22-2016 10:02 AM
    I loved my Note 7 from the very beginning. But I do have to admit, with the new update it's noticeably smoother when scrolling, faster overall, and better battery life.
    09-22-2016 10:02 AM
    Candidly, I doubt the lag was the related to to the update. Keep an eye on the apps you install. For example, swiftkey for whatever reason caused me lag. Perhaps it was the cloud based word checking feature on swiftkey or maybe it was the way it intertwined itself in the OS. But removing it removed the lag.
    Yup, that is the first thing I noticed. I have the same apps I had from the old Note 7, and I agreed with you, I had the same Swiftkey lag as you did. This time around, I been using whatsapp/hangouts, email...typing away in Swiftkey...NO LAG. I am damn surprised how big a difference it is from the new green Note 7 and the old one. Try it yourself.
    Like others have said, I'm in love again with the Note 7.
    09-22-2016 10:05 AM
    Nothing else to add. Ditto!
    Carlo Villa and Viscomi4444 like this.
    09-22-2016 10:06 AM
    Also, I didn't have to do any major tweeking of the phone. On the old Note 7, I had to change scaling from small to large, change all the animations to .5x, changed keyboards etc...
    This time, everything is default except for disabling all the T-Mobile bloat and Samsung Plus app.
    09-22-2016 10:07 AM
    Even a resident cynic like me must admit battery life seems better and it was already good before the update. Never really had any lag beyond what I would expect for Android. My MXPE was fast and ditto for the Note 7.

BTW it is good folks appear to like it, since guessing the update locked the device down to prevent rooting and changing the green gauge. Of course, now they have to worry about pre-updated devices that could get fake green gauges...
    09-22-2016 10:13 AM
    Yes, I really think they tuned the replacements. My green Note7 is definitely snappier and smoother than my original one.
    Agreed. I don't have mine yet, but I don't think the update was just for the green battery icon. The size of the update did not match.
    They must have been working behind the scenes since the original launch and tightened things up and pushed it out with this update.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-22-2016 10:20 AM
    Im still waiting for my replacement
    09-22-2016 10:22 AM
    Im still waiting for my replacement
    You're one of the ones that called in and is having it go to the store? When do You expect it in?
    09-22-2016 10:26 AM
    Anyone else notice that they cheapened the sim/sd tray? It was metal on my 1st note, now its flimsy plastic. Not a big deal, but something I noticed right away.
    09-22-2016 11:30 AM
    Anyone else notice that they cheapened the sim/sd tray? It was metal on my 1st note, now its flimsy plastic. Not a big deal, but something I noticed right away.
    I specifically remember my original was a flimsy plastic. I made a comment to my wife to be careful because it seemed like it could snap. She was for some reason was trying to jam the thing in there.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-22-2016 11:57 AM
    I specifically remember my original was a flimsy plastic. I made a comment to my wife to be careful because it seemed like it could snap. She was for some reason was trying to jam the thing in there.
    Same here. Very cheap feeling.
    Did you have an S7 or something else recently? Maybe you are confusing it with that one.
    09-22-2016 12:10 PM
    I feel like the opposite happened for me. My original Note 7 had such a flimsy sim/sd tray that the sim card would continually pop out. On my replacement, the sim stayed in on the first attempt.
    09-22-2016 12:15 PM
    Women

I still have my pre-recall note 7 and the sim try is plastic on this one.
    Dhawk1202 likes this.
    09-22-2016 12:19 PM
    I feel like it's a lot more responsive as well. I wonder if that update they pushed to add the green battery icon had a bunch of fixes and patches in it because it certainly feels faster, seems to last longer on one charge, and they definitely added some small things to the UI.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-22-2016 12:30 PM
    I loved my Note 7 from the very beginning. But I do have to admit, with the new update it's noticeably smoother when scrolling, faster overall, and better battery life.
    I don't know if it is placebo, but I have seemingly the same experience.

Camera pics are improved to my eye as well.
    09-22-2016 12:32 PM
    This is part of the reason why I had the rep install my sd card. Was afraid something would happen.
    jimd1050 and shaleem like this.
    09-22-2016 12:37 PM
    I swear to god I had a new note 7 and they just gave me a bad one.. I'm having the opposite with my phone compared to you guys. My first was lag less and battery superb.
    09-22-2016 12:43 PM
    interesting to hear you all had plastic trays. Mine most certainly didn't, I wonder why? I had a conversation about it with the best buy employee helping me setup the phone. It was tough to put back in.

It was the black verizon model. I wonder if it was apart of a batch they already made, and made a slight change.
    rlauf likes this.
    09-22-2016 01:26 PM
133 123 ...