Best Buy - Note 7 Exchange - Wouldn't Give Me New Box???

coofoodo2

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
I exchanged my Note 7 yesterday at Best Buy.

In all, it took about 4 hours over two days -- terrible service.

When it was all said and done, they told me that they couldn't give me the new box and/or accessories because I didn't bring in the old ones.

I think I got scammed... Thoughts???

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
No, you didn't get scammed. Some locations of Best Buy (as well as carriers) are doing this. Some people have been able to keep everything but the device itself while others have to return everything. I returned everything and got everything with the new one.

ajbrad71

May 28, 2011
Visit site
They gotcha pimp. I got my replacement yesterday at BB in Chesterfield, Va. He put the box and receipt in the bag. He asked for the stuff and i said email said bring phone only.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site

When it was all said and done, they told me that they couldn't give me the new box and/or accessories because I didn't bring in the old ones.

Some of these places are taking extra precautions cause their not sure what Samsung wants back...Samsung only wants the phone....so misinformed places are asking for everything and informed places just want the phone.....Then you have those places that are definitely just pocketing the extra accessories.....
..When I did my exchange I gave them the box with just the phone and otg connector in it...And they never even checked the box to begin with...I kept the rest...

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Each store seems different. I got a box with all of the accessories. They charged me $20 extra because the sales tax in Texas was $20 more than the tax in Pennsylvania, so they let me keep the S pen from the old phone.

Tahir27

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I exchanged mine at Best Buy. Didnt even take the old box in with me, only the phone. They gave me the new box + all of its contents with no hassle.I had the old stuff in my car just in case, but they didnt even ask for anything. They should of let you keep all accessories.

XprincoX

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
My local best buy guy literally dumped all the accessories out of the old box including my old s pen into my bag and gave me the new box with all the new accessories too. He said they didn't need any of the accessories and only the phone. He gave me a spare sim card remover too lol.

nick1226

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
At Carphone Warehouse in the UK they wanted everything back but the new phone came with all accessories anyway. The staff even checked inside the box to make sure everything was there and had been packed properly?

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
My local best buy guy literally dumped all the accessories out of the old box including my old s pen into my bag and gave me the new box with all the new accessories too. He said they didn't need any of the accessories and only the phone. He gave me a spare sim card remover too lol.
Sorry man. They probably kept it for them self. Bb told me to keep everything and they had the Verizon rep there and was told the same. Meant to qoute the bottom one lol

convert

May 24, 2014
Visit site
It does seem to vary. My BB sent me home with the original box from my recalled N7 and the "brick" adapter plug and I got a whole new box with all new accessories with my brand new N7. I also had a S7E loaner and they let me keep the headphones from that, and considering I got a $100 giftcard too, along with the Gear VR that came with the S7E promotion, I cannot complain.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I think I would want the replacement model box with the black square on the side and new imei bar code. I think that would become extra proof that you complied with the recall.

homer813

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
This isn't odd at all. It just speaks to the continued incompetence of the company that has its own employees not knowing about the very policies they have. Check out the Best Buy forums about the Note 7, and you will see all you need to see.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Just left BB 30 min ago. 4 hour process (AT&Ts) fault. Got same blue and white box (with black square) but phone feels lighter than old one i compared both they kept the accessories from old phone. Updated to the green battery indicator and good to go now. Just happy to be done with this fiasco. Now have to contact AT&T over the $25 credit Samsung says they owe us.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
At Carphone Warehouse in the UK they wanted everything back but the new phone came with all accessories anyway. The staff even checked inside the box to make sure everything was there and had been packed properly?
This makes no sense. I don't think Samsung or regulatory authorities would be impressed. What if you lost everything? You don't get to exchange the recalled phone? Or the box of accessories sits at the store? If they follow that logic then the new k e should come witb a tempered glass screen protector strapped to the screen if that's how you have to return your old one.

dcooper830

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand why you didn't bring back the box and accessories.

Each box has the iemi#, serial #, etc... that corresponds with the phone. So I figure it MIGHT help the process go smoother if you have all that stuff together... plus your receipt.

That's what I did. I brought everything back... and didn't ASSUME that I could keep everything but the phone.

I had planned on asking them if I could keep the accessories... but I didn't have to... they took them out of the box and gave them to me.

So i was happy! I had double of everything (except box) AND I was in and out of there in 10 minutes!

I don't understand why you tried to keep the box and accessories... and then feel they're trying to scam you.

coofoodo2

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
I don't understand why you didn't bring back the box and accessories.

Each box has the iemi#, serial #, etc... that corresponds with the phone. So I figure it MIGHT help the process go smoother if you have all that stuff together... plus your receipt.

That's what I did. I brought everything back... and didn't ASSUME that I could keep everything but the phone.

I had planned on asking them if I could keep the accessories... but I didn't have to... they took them out of the box and gave them to me.

So i was happy! I had double of everything (except box) AND I was in and out of there in 10 minutes!

I don't understand why you tried to keep the box and accessories... and then feel they're trying to scam you.

Not upset about the box more so the accessories that I didn't get to doube up on.

I figured for the screwed up exchange process and terrible customer service that getting double the accessories would help ease the pain. One hour on the phone. Three hours waiting in line over two days for a process that took 15 minutes total. Thats unacceptable.

I went through the Best Buy exchange thread. Looks like there are many who feel the same way about it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34