09-24-2016 09:17 PM
33 12
tools
    I went to my local BB on Monday to see if they had any of the exchange N7.1's, They did and I was never even asked for the box. it was in the car, I was glad I had it with me and even happier that I didn't need it.

Cheers,
    BR
    09-23-2016 08:51 AM
    Each store seems different. I got a box with all of the accessories. They charged me $20 extra because the sales tax in Texas was $20 more than the tax in Pennsylvania, so they let me keep the S pen from the old phone.
    Damn...shoulda kept the s pen!
    09-23-2016 02:56 PM
    Opposite for me. I exchanged my Note 7 and did not give them the old box, since thought they exchanged back whatever you return. All I wanted was the phone replaced. I got a call to come get the new Note 7's box, so now have two of all stuff and two boxes.

All BB said Samsung cares about is getting the phones back. Samsung rep said same thing.
    09-23-2016 03:02 PM
    I guess it depends on how informed the associates/store managers are, regardless what store/carrier it is. Their attitude and demeanor can be a factor as well. I've heard a lot of horror stories on T-Mo's stores, but where I went to, everybody was so helpful and on top of things.
    About 20 minutes wait time, less than 5 minutes to process actual exchange. Not only I get to keep all accessories and the s-pen from the old phone, the sales associate also replaced and installed my Zagg protector covers at no cost without even me asking them.
    09-24-2016 01:19 AM
    Best Buy's own notes to their stores tell them that they only need the phone back - nothing else with it - but as you can see, your experience may vary depending on which store you go to because while some stores are following that line - I would venture to guess that the majority of the Best Buy stores wrongly require you to bring the box and accessories back. They did it to me despite me having printed paperwork from BB online that said only the phone was needed for the return, but just to end the ordeal, I gave them the box but kept a few of the things in the box knowing that they wouldn't even notice.

This is Best Buy's biggest achilles' heel. For a national big box chain, I have not seen a more disorganized network of stores that operate under their own rules despite direction from their corporate office. You'd think each store was a franchise that is not required to follow all corporate policies. I say this as a very loyal BB customer (never again for mobile phones or pre-orders). They really **** the bed with the way they handled the recall overall.
    09-24-2016 01:59 AM
    Wah ha ha that makes NO sense what so ever.
    "We want this cardboard, but you can have the accessories"
    09-24-2016 05:23 AM
    I exchanged mime today at T-Mobile and they gave me my box with everything. Before I left, she even gave me my old s-pen so now I gave two!

Best Buy seems to be doing things their way.
    09-24-2016 07:32 PM
    My counter jockey at Verizon made me turn in everything.
    09-24-2016 09:17 PM
33 12