09-24-2016 12:34 PM
69 123
tools
    I think I may have found something new in messages. Now you have the ability to pin conversations to the top of the conversation list. For instance, if you have a significant other you can pin that person to the top and not have to hunt for them in the list. Not sure if this is new or not as I use textra. I wish textra would implement this feature.
    cincydavid513 likes this.
    09-23-2016 07:09 AM
    I think I may have found something new in messages. Now you have the ability to pin conversations to the top of the conversation list. For instance, if you have a significant other you can pin that person to the top and not have to hunt for them in the list. Not sure if this is new or not as I use textra. I wish textra would implement this feature.
    Yeah, that is cool, but it has been around. I used this on my Note 5 .. I use Textra now too. (And Allo as of yesterday :-)
    Dukins likes this.
    09-23-2016 07:24 AM
    Also gone is the edge screen lighting feature:

settings > display > edge screen > edge lighting

I have searched over every single section off this phone and cannot find it at all.
    Well doesn't just stink? I don't use it but it is cool looking when I do use it. Hopefully it's just hidden somewhere else.
    09-23-2016 07:27 AM
    Yeah, that is cool, but it has been around. I used this on my Note 5 .. I use Textra now too. (And Allo as of yesterday :-)
    Thanks. I recently switched over from a 6s+ and before that 6+.
    dsignori likes this.
    09-23-2016 07:28 AM
    Thanks. I recently switched over from a 6s+ and before that 6+.
    I also wish Textra would implement that pinning of conversations. It's quite helpful.
    Dukins likes this.
    09-23-2016 08:03 AM
    I'm glad some of you are listing the carrier you have. That apparently is an important distinction between variants.

It would be great if that were an option to list in your profile. (maybe it is, I haven't checked!)

Edit: so I checked and while you can include all that in your profile, it doesn't show under the avatar. Oh well.
    09-23-2016 09:13 AM
    i have noticed on the new note 7 that when i select something and it gives me different options to open the item with, what ever i select is automatically set as the default. The first Note 7 gave me to the option to make default or just have to option to chose each time. not sure if it's a New Note 7 software change or the OTA update change. AT&T version.
    Go into your default applications setttings. You can choose to automatically make default or select each time.
    emcknight23 likes this.
    09-23-2016 09:46 AM
    GN7, my THIRD, on Verizon... is amazing.

Yes, it's faster.

(I really didn't want to give up GN7 #2, but with the whole exploding thing... yeah...)

anyway, fresh install of around 175 apps I think... and it's flawless. No lag that I can find, and fast charging at the same time I was downloading those 175 apps just made it a bit warm.

Nova launcher here. animations off (developer mode). "Faster than light" setting in Nova.

It's just ridiculously the best. phone. ever.
    09-23-2016 10:49 AM
    Since the Pixel XL rumors are underwhelming me at this point, I'm semi-interested in the N7. I'm curious how you N7 owners with AT&T are faring. Any lag on the replacement N7? Do AT&T phones have the change display option that TMo phones have (HD, FHD, WQHD)?
    09-23-2016 12:41 PM
    GN7, my THIRD, on Verizon... is amazing.

Yes, it's faster.

(I really didn't want to give up GN7 #2, but with the whole exploding thing... yeah...)

anyway, fresh install of around 175 apps I think... and it's flawless. No lag that I can find, and fast charging at the same time I was downloading those 175 apps just made it a bit warm.

Nova launcher here. animations off (developer mode). "Faster than light" setting in Nova.

It's just ridiculously the best. phone. ever.
    I just hope we get the update that Tmo got. We do not have any of the new features listed. Especially the ability to change display resolution without binding to power save modes.
    09-23-2016 12:53 PM
    Since the Pixel XL rumors are underwhelming me at this point, I'm semi-interested in the N7. I'm curious how you N7 owners with AT&T are faring. Any lag on the replacement N7? Do AT&T phones have the change display option that TMo phones have (HD, FHD, WQHD)?
    Only the Tmo version so far. Seems an update beyond carrier specific, based on the new features. The display res option being a key one, IMO. Note sure if getting it though.
    speedlever likes this.
    09-23-2016 12:56 PM
    I think I always had the drop down notifications for the same app, but it still sounds like there is a lot of improvement. I'm starting to regret getting a reimbursement for mine, instead of replacement. I might just have to buy it again!
    09-23-2016 07:57 PM
    Well doesn't just stink? I don't use it but it is cool looking when I do use it. Hopefully it's just hidden somewhere else.
    The option is still in the Verizon N7. I just want the display resolution options Tmo got. Strange the apparent fragmentation- unless the other carriers are still getting it.
    09-23-2016 08:06 PM
    T-mo for the WIN! No unnecessary bloatware and clutter too.
    I noticed all the changes right away. I started the update before I left the store. By the time I got home it was all updated and I was like whoah!
    One of the first things I looked for is the Auto Restart function. Couldn't find it at first and I thought Tmo deleted it like Verizon. It was hiding under the Reset Menu. I like the '3D Touch' feature. Now if somebody got an iPhone and starts showing off their "innovative" 3D Touch feature, I'll show them what my Note can do too.
    There's a lot of cool little changes on the Tmo variant. It makes everything smooth and easier. I mentioned this on another thread, but I think they're starting to introduce some of the Nougat features.
    09-24-2016 12:57 AM
    AT&T has the display options, but not the notification count on the bar.

The carrier updating timelines are just about the same for each phone released. This is not new. I suspect they will all eventually have most, if not all, of those options.
    09-24-2016 02:15 AM
    Not sure which version you have but with my T-Mobile version the difference is night and day. Maybe I had a faulty one at launch but the launch one had all kinds of lag right out the box. First night charging it I quickly noticed it was quite possibly the hottest device I ever touch.

Now with my new replacement device I get none of those issues and it runs smooth as butter.
    My T-Mobile replacement N7 is awesome. Getting 6.5 hours SOT and it is faster and more responsive. Like yours mine doesn't get as hot while charging anymore.
    09-24-2016 05:43 AM
    AT&T has the display options, but not the notification count on the bar.

The carrier updating timelines are just about the same for each phone released. This is not new. I suspect they will all eventually have most, if not all, of those options.
    So Verizon apparently has yet to get this update then. Presuming we get it at all.
    French likes this.
    09-24-2016 09:15 AM
    So Verizon apparently has yet to get this update then. Presuming we get it at all.
    For most updates on most phones Verizon is typically last, T-mobile typically first. So yes, at some point, they will likely release the update with their own tweaks.

ETA clarification - referencing Android phones only (not Apple).
    09-24-2016 12:06 PM
    Has anyone posted a video showing the changes to the T Mobile version? I haven't been able to find anything.
    09-24-2016 12:34 PM
69 123