10-07-2016 10:59 AM
40 12
tools
    I'm getting on a plane today and would like to use it during my flight. I got a replacment note 7, but I haven't gotten an update that will show the green battery. I've tried to look for the update, but it says it's up to date. My IMEI is not affected. anyone else experiencing this?

Edit: I'm on AT&T. Had the replacement since the 20th from best buy. Tried to push the update by going to software updates. I'm running version 6.0.1
    09-22-2016 12:48 PM
    I got the update an hour or two after I got the replacement. How long have you had it? Also, what software version is showing for you?
    09-22-2016 12:53 PM
    I'm getting on a plane today and would like to use it during my flight. I got a replacment note 7, but I haven't gotten an update that will show the green battery. I've tried to look for the update, but it says it's up to date. My IMEI is not affected. anyone else experiencing this?
    I got my Note7 yesterday at Verizon within 5 minutes i had the software waiting to install..

Just don't show your Note7 keep it in your breastpocket.
    09-22-2016 12:59 PM
    Which carrier? Mine had the update requested within 5 min of powering on at the Verizon store where I swapped it out.
    keepnitreel and Viscomi4444 like this.
    09-22-2016 01:20 PM
    Maybe you should call your carrier's tech support.
    09-22-2016 01:20 PM
    It could take some time, I got my replacement on Monday (AT&T Note 7.1), the update did not pop up until like 00:30 the next morning. (it ran without any intervention from me beyond watching it run)

Cheers
    BR
    09-22-2016 01:21 PM
    Me too- Got mine roughly 24 hours ago and....just checked...up to date.(no green battery update, and it's been through a "charging cycle")

**UPDATE** got it.
    amyf27 likes this.
    09-22-2016 01:31 PM
    Did you try going to "system updates" in the system menu (on VZW...true GraceUX probably has it somewhere intuitive). If you click on system updates it should force it to "look". That's how I got mine.
    09-22-2016 01:32 PM
    Mine said up to date also but the update came out about 5 hours after I got it. It's like they need to register on the network first and then the update is pushed the next time they check the network for new Note7s.
    09-22-2016 01:35 PM
    It could take some time, I got my replacement on Monday (AT&T Note 7.1), the update did not pop up until like 00:30 the next morning. (it ran without any intervention from me beyond watching it run)

Cheers
    BR
    Ditto. My exact experience
    09-22-2016 02:12 PM
    I got my phone last night took it home and as soon as it connected to wifi it updated itself
    dlgus likes this.
    09-22-2016 05:30 PM
    Also, I would not expect FAA or the airlines to know about the green battery =safe phone. Don't depend on that, even if you have a green battery, they could still tell you to power down.
    09-22-2016 06:14 PM
    I've had it since the 20th. Ver. 6.0.1
    09-22-2016 10:09 PM
    I got the update an hour or two after I got the replacement. How long have you had it? Also, what software version is showing for you?
    Did you try going to "system updates" in the system menu (on VZW...true GraceUX probably has it somewhere intuitive). If you click on system updates it should force it to "look". That's how I got mine.
    I tried to have it automatically look for the update and it says it is fully up to date. I'm on ver, 6.0.1. what version is everybody on
    09-22-2016 10:10 PM
    I'm getting on a plane today and would like to use it during my flight.....
    So??? How was the flight???? ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„
    09-22-2016 11:33 PM
    I tried to have it automatically look for the update and it says it is fully up to date. I'm on ver, 6.0.1. what version is everybody on
    Ditto. Got my AT&T N7 replacement on the 20th, no Green Battery, still on version 6.0.1
    09-24-2016 10:08 AM
    Verizon. Got my replacement yesterday. Within minutes of activation, it showed update available. 6.0.1. Since you haven't had it too long yet, maybe FDR
    09-24-2016 10:18 AM
    Question for those on AT&T or TMobile...

Are you using the same SIM card or did you get the new SIM activated when you got your replacement devices? I'm still using my old SIM from my Passport. I got the update over night on my first replacement Note, but I had to make an exchange due to an off center screen and bad edge. So now my new new replacement Note has been with me for about 24 hours and it has yet to get the update. I tried to force it, but it didn't say there was any kind of update, and now I have to wait a few more hours to try to search for another update again.
    09-24-2016 10:25 AM
    I called AT&T first, but they said to either call samsung, or go to a Best Buy and see a Samsung Rep there to have them update it for me.

I am on hold with Samsung, and they are telling me I have to send it to their repair center for evaluation, in Texas. I am in New Jersey. I've already explained to them that this is my 3 device, 2nd since the recall. I explained that my initial replacement device received the update within a couple of hours, but because of a hardware defect, I had to exchange that one for this one. And now the rep is telling me that I have to go back to Best Buy to exchange it again for another new Note7 and to make sure they check for the update before I leave. But if I didn't get it by now, and I don't get it as soon as they turn it on, how will I ever get it?

This is turning into more of a hassle than the first time. I've already had 3 devices, and 3 screen protectors, 1 return, 1 exchange, and a bunch of FDR and Restores done. I am still trying to get used to this device. I am either going to just take my chances with this without the green battery (which ascetically, I have to admit I liked) and wait to see if I ever get it, or just return the device for something else, and avoid the hassle.
    09-25-2016 08:56 AM
    I posted this in another thread about the same issue.

So I finally got the update. I actually got a call back from AT&T tech support. After explaining the situation and issue, the rep figured out that because I had received the update on my first replacement, and the IMEI on the account was for the first replacement, the system didn't know to push out the update again to my new device/IMEI. Once I gave him the new IMEI, updated it on their end, and was able to push out the update to be activated once I did a reboot. So now I have the green battery.

In short, make sure your carrier has the proper IMEI for your device.
    09-27-2016 05:11 AM
    I posted this in another thread about the same issue.

So I finally got the update. I actually got a call back from AT&T tech support. After explaining the situation and issue, the rep figured out that because I had received the update on my first replacement, and the IMEI on the account was for the first replacement, the system didn't know to push out the update again to my new device/IMEI. Once I gave him the new IMEI, updated it on their end, and was able to push out the update to be activated once I did a reboot. So now I have the green battery.

In short, make sure your carrier has the proper IMEI for your device.
    Any other ideas? I checked with AT&T tech support and my IMEI # was correct. In fact, the tech support guy had not heard that the updated N7s were supposed to have green battery icons.
    09-29-2016 01:38 PM
    Any other ideas? I checked with AT&T tech support and my IMEI # was correct. In fact, the tech support guy had not heard that the updated N7s were supposed to have green battery icons.
    Then I would try again with a different tech support rep. If he didn't know there was even an update, then he probably didn't know he could push it manually. Also, are you sure you spoke with AT&T Tech Support, and not just Customer Support? My first call with Customer support, the guy didn't know what I was talking about either, and he escalated the call to their Tech Support. The Tech Support department called me back to follow up on the issue.

And just for good measure, have you rebooted your device, since you go it? It's possible that it will show up after a reboot and check for software updates as well?

Other than that, I don't know what else you can do. I am only relaying what happened for me to get the update.
    09-29-2016 01:56 PM
    Then I would try again with a different tech support rep. If he didn't know there was even an update, then he probably didn't know he could push it manually. Also, are you sure you spoke with AT&T Tech Support, and not just Customer Support? My first call with Customer support, the guy didn't know what I was talking about either, and he escalated the call to their Tech Support. The Tech Support department called me back to follow up on the issue.

And just for good measure, have you rebooted your device, since you go it? It's possible that it will show up after a reboot and check for software updates as well?

Other than that, I don't know what else you can do. I am only relaying what happened for me to get the update.
    I appreciate the advice. It was tech support so I will probably try another tech. The tech did say he was going to forward this issue to their Samsung Rep and email me the reply.

Yup, did the reboot too. I'm currently running version 6.0.1 and the tech said that is the latest update.
    09-29-2016 02:13 PM
    I'm currently running version 6.0.1 and the tech said that is the latest update.
    No problem. What's your Build Number? The tech that helped me said 6.0.1 is the right Android version, and it's the one I am on too, but I think this is a build software update. He said that mine was off and he knew that it should be different per the new update. I don't recall what my last one was but I am currently on MMB29M.N930AUCS2APHE. I'm almost positive that's where he knew something else was off.
    09-29-2016 02:23 PM
    You could check for a system update. That's what i did and the update popped up and i just downloaded it.
    09-29-2016 02:25 PM
40 12