I'm NOT going to exchange my Note 7 through the recall...

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
What's the $30 month for? We pay per line for data if they have data on that line. There's no $30 for phone charge a month.
I have udp. My wife got iphone 6+ subsidized when it came out. She pays an extra 30 I don't pay because it is subsidized phone.They don't call it phone charge. Call it line fee

You're saying your monthly bill is exactly the same as someone who pays full price for phone up front?

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
The one I was trying is the $29 plan. Damn, forgot about that, I was trying to get it under contract as I can upgrade it but the contract ends in October. Might have to play around with the loop hole deal, upgrade the 49 plan and then do the transfer upgrade on the $29 plan. LOL, lot of work but would put the $29 plan under contract for another 2 years.

The last time that I did it, I had to call CS to keep my plan. Ordering over the internet wouldn't let me keep an older plan. Make sure that you talk to customer service, not telesales. Dial them up at 8009220204 and just keep saying "agent" to the voice prompt until you get a live person. I do that and have been able to get the online deals (like free overnight delivery, and waived upgrade and activation fees) too. I just make sure that I tell them that I tried to do it myself online.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I have udp. My wife got iphone 6+ subsidized when it came out. She pays an extra 30 I don't pay because it is subsidized phone.They don't call it phone charge. Call it line fee

You're saying your monthly bill is exactly the same as someone who pays full price for phone up front?
I see what your talking about now. I'm on a grandfathered plan. Think they call it America's choice, I pay a lump sum for a set amount of minutes, then I pay for features such as texting, data. Your on the share plan, where you select amount of data you want to share, then you pay the $30 month for each line.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I see what your talking about now. I'm on a grandfathered plan. Think they call it America's choice, I pay a lump sum for a set amount of minutes, then I pay for features such as texting, data. Your on the share plan, where you select amount of data you want to share, then you pay the $30 month for each line.
But since I pay upfront for phone I have no 30 fee on my phone. My wife has the 30 charge because she does have subsidized phone. So it is an additional 30 a month for her 2 year plan equals 300 subsidized phone price plus 720 extra in bills over 2 years.

She pays 1020 for an 850 dollar phone over 2 years. Maybe itnis different now I don't know.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

What plan are you on?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
It's confusing... We share 500 min talktime which we never come close to using but I have unlimited data and she has 2gb (not shared). We share min but not data. I don't know what plan is called but it extends back to Thunderbolt days.

You are saying YOUR plan costs exactly same monthly whether phone is subsidized or not?

I do know this. Our total cost per month is less than newest plan sharing 12gb. I had them price it out.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I think mine is Shared xxx 500 plan but Amercas Choice sounds familiar.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I think mine is Shared xxx 500 plan but Amercas Choice sounds familiar.
Sounds like you are doing the device payment plan on your wife's phone a

I'm on the 1400 minute plan with 4 unlimited data lines. But the ones not on unlimited data plans have 3 options for upgrading. Device payment, pay full retail, or 2 year contract. The unlimited data lines have all 3 choices to but then I have to change to a tiered data plan and give up unlimited data for that line.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I'm on the 1400 minute plan with 4 unlimited data lines. But the ones not on unlimited data plans have 3 options for upgrading. Device payment, pay full retail, or 2 year contract. The unlimited data lines have all 3 choices to but then I have to change to a tiered data plan and give up unlimited data for that line.
She has the 2 year contract. Could have had unlimited like me but didn't want to pay for iphone up front. She uses less than a gig a monthnanyway. Like you my plan goes up 20 in October.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
What's the $30 charge for, data?? I don't have those charges
No. She pays x for data and y for line and z to share minutes. The y is 30 bucks.

You're apparently different because all lines are unlimited or you're not in a 2 year plan?

I knw it isn't a ripoff cuz our total is still less than current plan.

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

That sounds like the plan that I have. It's an old Nationwide Family Share plan. 1400 shared minutes with unlimited text messaging. Basic charge is $100 plus $9.99 per line. I lost my UDP on two of my lines when upgrading, but they moved me to what they call a MAXX plan. 6GB for the same $30. You have to specifically ask for it though, and then you can upgrade with the subsidized phone on a new two-year deal.

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Maybe a discount for 4 lines? I could get 4 lines at tmobile for less than our 2 at VZW.

Yes, you can. But there's a reason that most of us continue put up with slow or nonexistent updates, limited device availability, excess bloatware, an orphan network, and overpay for Verizon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance