I totally understand changing from 8 years of iOS use to Android, will take some getting use to. I also know these are very two different OS's, and understand I'll have to go about things in a different way, once I switch.

The phone of choice I'm planning on switching too will be te Samsung Galaxy Note 7 (when available of course 😜).

So to clear up a few question I have before the switch, these are things I current/regularly use on my iPhone 6 Plus till date.

Reminders: Reminders is an app I religiously use on iOS, not to mention setting a reminder using Siri, that really will be sorely missed when I switch 😢 but I'm still whiling make the switch 😉

How do I tackle reminders in TouchWiz? I went into my local Telco this afternoon, and all this guys could give me was to use the S Calendar, is this how it's done on a Samsung? Also can I use "Okay Google" or S Voice to do what I've been doing with Siri to quickly setup a reminder?

Contacts: when I need to quickly search for a contact on my iPhone, I swipe down and get the option to search using the iOS finder. How would I do this on TouchWize?

Correct me if there is an easier way, from watching YouTube vids, what I can see is I would tap on the apps tab, then search for a contact within the search bar, is that correct?

Messages: I sometime reply to iMessages using Siri, can I do the same using Okay Google or S Voice, and how different are they to what Siri can do?
    09-22-2016 11:21 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Moved from the Galaxy Note forum (which is for the original Note) to the Note7 forum.

How do I tackle reminders in TouchWiz? I went into my local Telco this afternoon, and all this guys could give me was to use the S Calendar, is this how it's done on a Samsung? Also can I use "Okay Google" or S Voice to do what I've been doing with Siri to quickly setup a reminder?
    The Google app handles reminders nicely: https://support.google.com/websearch...DAndroid&hl=en I don't use S voice, so perhaps someone else can weigh in on that.

Contacts: when I need to quickly search for a contact on my iPhone, I swipe down and get the option to search using the iOS finder. How would I do this on TouchWize?
    You can either use S Finder or the Google app (which can be accessed several different ways, like the Google Search bar on the homescreen). It's easy to set up the Google app to search not only on the web, but also on your phone, for whatever you type in.

Messages: I sometime reply to iMessages using Siri, can I do the same using Okay Google or S Voice, and how different are they to what Siri can do?
    You can use OK Google: PSA: Google Now Can Read Your Last Five Text Messages Like An Answering Machine And Let You Reply To Them

Enjoy the phone!
    From A Buick 8 likes this.
    09-23-2016 01:59 AM
    Its not gonna be easy, unless you got somebody that has a Samsung and can help you.
    Or if you have a younger kid.
    You can google a lot of things to find out how to do it.
    And if you are near a Best Buy that has a Samsung Rep you can go there and sign up for FREE Samsung Classes on how to operate your phone.
    The free classes will only require your time and your phone.
    And you can learn a lot of you can remember what you are taught.
    You can ask questions on whatever you want also.
    It may be very beneficial for you to sign up for one of these classes

Samsung Skills Workshop at Best Buy Samsung Experience Shops
    09-23-2016 07:16 AM
    youtube is your friend here too. Do a search when on the youtube.com page :-)
    Harlemknight likes this.
    09-23-2016 08:17 AM
    I can't speak for iOS 10 --> touchwiz, but I was using an iPhone 6 Plus up until 8/20/2016 when I got a Note 7 (and endured the recall fiasco) to finally arrive back at a Note 7. If you are technically inclined at all, figuring out TouchWiz will not be an issue. Don't believe the talk that one ecosystem is better than the other, they are just different.

I did install and play with iOS10 on my 6 Plus and while I saw some visual differences, the new features were not enough to convince me to stay. I may go back when the iPhone 8 comes out, just depends what it offers.
    09-23-2016 08:23 AM
    I totally understand changing from 8 years of iOS use to Android, will take some getting use to. I also know these are very two different OS's, and understand I'll have to go about things in a different way, once I switch.

The phone of choice I'm planning on switching too will be te Samsung Galaxy Note 7 (when available of course ������).

So to clear up a few question I have before the switch, these are things I current/regularly use on my iPhone 6 Plus till date.

Reminders: Reminders is an app I religiously use on iOS, not to mention setting a reminder using Siri, that really will be sorely missed when I switch ������ but I'm still whiling make the switch ������

Correct me if there is an easier way, from watching YouTube vids, what I can see is I would tap on the apps tab, then search for a contact within the search bar, is that correct?

Welcome to Android. I think you will love it, once you get to know the many options you have in front of you. You seem to have identified a few areas where things will be different, and yes it will take a bit of time to get used to. Once you figure out the best options for you, I think you will be moving along quickly with the tasks you need to accomplish.

That said, there are certain things that are a bit better on one platform over the other. That universal search (swipe down) in iOS is fantastic. While there are quick searches in Android (from the Google app, and other areas), none are as quick to access from anywhere as the iOS search IMO. B Diddy's suggestions are great workarounds though. (on the plus side, I think you will find Android notifications fantastic)

I think you will find that there are several good options for any function you want - particularly with the Note 7. For example, with the Edge Panels, you can put your favorite contacts and apps right there. In your example of watching Youtube an looking for a contact, there is s "Search contacts" button you can add to the "Tasks Edge" to search with a swipe and a click, or you can go right to your favorite contacts from the Edge Panel too. I use calendar events instead of reminders, but I can set those right from the Edge Panel quickly and easily too.

There is a lot to Android, and even more with the Note 7. Good luck with your transition. I think you'll find this community very helpful with whatever questions you might have as you start using it.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-23-2016 08:36 AM