Do You Think The Note 7 Fiasco Is Enough For Samsung To End The Series?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: Do You Think The Note 7 Fiasco...

No, if anything it will cause them to institute more stringent QC methods and maybe take more time to get a product to market instead of rushing it out the door to beat a rival phone to market. The Note line is a winner for Samsung and a very popular product. It may take some time to win back consumer confidence due to the media reports which blew things out of proportion but I fully expect to be buying a Note 8 around this time next year.

bmonday

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site

No. Could have happened to any phone. What are they going to do, get out of the phone business and start digging ditches for a living?

They had a batch of bad batteries, they fixed it. They hopefully learned from it. I'm not sure what more you can expect.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

I've heard many people say the Note was rushed to beat the iPhone. I don't think that's true because it came out the same time as the 5 did. If anything, the 5 was rushed because it came in August instead of the used to be usual October.

I agree on this issue not causing Samsung to quit on the Notes. I believe QC on all of their phones will be much tighter and better than ever.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I've heard many people say the Note was rushed to beat the iPhone. I don't think that's true because it came out the same time as the 5 did. If anything, the 5 was rushed because it came in August instead of the used to be usual October.

I agree on this issue not causing Samsung to quit on the Notes. I believe QC on all of their phones will be much tighter and better than ever.

Yes, because amongst Apple people, everything comes back to the iPhone.

Samsung couldn't be rushing to make a deadline, it had to be because of Apple. lol

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site

I'm more curious to see if they really go all out for the Note 8 to make up for the Note 7 battery issue. I'm tempted to hold on to my note 4 and see what the note 8 will bring.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

Well even if no else wants the Note, they can make one just for me each year....lol, love that danm phone. I am looking for a back up phone and everything looks soooo blah n blaze (Even the S7 Edge). So I am keeping the Note 7, even if I get the 8 next year. It will be my back up. The battery life on the new one is amazing soo far (after Tmobile update), better than the first one I had.

Samsung will not stop making this line of phones any time soon.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

Speaking of the Note 8; how will one differentiate between it and the Note 8 tablet? Or is the tablet so old no one even remembers it?

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

ANd no, of course this wll not end he Note line. Almost feels like a click-bait thread :)

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site

Of course they will go all out for the note 8 especially since it's competing with the iPhone anniversary edition

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

I seriously doubt that this will end the Note series. This is a great device. They had a problem. They acted quickly to rectify the problem. I think that their reputation may even be a bit enhanced because of how quickly they handled the battery issue.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

Iphone 7 also has some issues happening but not as widespread as the Note 7. Hissing sound and some losing cell service where they had it before. Time will tell.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

I personally would like to see them combine the note with the Edge since they're both phablet like devices. Probably too late to do that for next year though.

However it might cost them sales because of power users like us on this forum who will likely buy the S8 Edge and then buy the Note 8 6 months later lol. The last two years is how that went with the Edge it seems like. Note users buy the new Edge device, then buy the new Note.