Do You Think The Note 7 Fiasco Is Enough For Samsung To End The Series?

Drayk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: Do You Think The Note 7 Fiasco...

I didn't read all these comments but Sammy will keep plugging away. This might make them reconsider the removal battery. Just think how much less costly it would have been to just replace batteries

Iconic_Vixen

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
... Is Enough For Samsung To End The Series?

I hope not, I want the Note 8 next year.

What could they possibly bring in an N8? It does everything so many features already that are often unused. I'm curious to find out what an upgraded N7 would be.
It's unlikely that Samsung would discontinue a popular series IMO

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
What could they possibly bring in an N8? It does everything so many features already that are often unused. I'm curious to find out what an upgraded N7 would be.

I think we could be in for a real treat with the next Note, which I think will be a reinventing of the series.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Is the question really a serious one? I can't believe OP has entertained the thought that this issue would "end" the Note line. C'mon!

Anyway, I always thought the Note 8 as well as the GS8 will be something special as 8 is a lucky number in China and some other East Asian countries and while this is a South Korean manufacturer, I think they will at least do something very special for at least the China version... lol

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
I have always said Samsung should just release two models at the same time 5.5 & 5.7 inches every year. The S7 and s7 edge were amazing phones And still are... They could just offer the s pen with the 5.7 like they do now with the Note. Makes no sense giving phones like this a shorter shelf time. Works with apple every year right?

alwilliam

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
... Is Enough For Samsung To End The Series?

I hope not, I want the Note 8 next year.

Absolutely NOT! This 'fiasco' actually is what made Samsung the company that they are. They stood behind their product and prioritized their customers' safety over profit. They acted on this quickly even before the government got involved. Not like some companies that actually require government intervention for them to recall their products.
Did it ever occur to you, that if Samsung really wanted to end the series, they could have stopped it right then. They could have just issued everybody a full refund to get a different phone, and that's the end of it.
Bear in mind also that the Note is the first and the only one of its kind. No other phone can match it. Remember the words of Steve Jobs' before he died - "Who needs a stylus?". Evidently, millions of people do. And I always say this - it's MORE than a stylus!
Now, I don't know how long have you been using the Note series.but it is a pioneer and iconic in the cellular industry. When Notes 1,2,3 came out, every phone in the market got like 3-inch screen and everybody was like - ooh why you have such a big phone, what is that thing, why do you use your tablet to make a call, whatever! Then Apple wanted to compete and released the Plus. Boom! All of a sudden everybody wanted a big-*** phone - Apple, Samsung, what not! If it's big they want it! Heck - I know people who bought the Notes just because it's shiny, flashy, and BIG and don't have a care in the world about the S-Pen. What I'm trying to say,is, the Note, in a way revolutionized how most of the phones look today. From the display to the size, etc, etc. So why would you think a phone like this be discontinued by Samsung?
True - Samsung lost money on this. They will learn from this, and probably won't let it happen again. A drop in the bucket I might say considering their net worth. If you think the company is all about cell phones and electronics, think again! They're in the insurance business, medical and have their own hospitals, engineering and infrastructure (built the highest building in the world), theme park business, ship building with their own ship yard, automobile industry, clothing industry, so on and on.
One thing for sure, Note 8 will come out with a bang! A company that's into innovation I don't know how they're going to top the Note 7.

alwilliam

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site

No. Could have happened to any phone. What are they going to do, get out of the phone business and start digging ditches for a living?

They had a batch of bad batteries, they fixed it. They hopefully learned from it. I'm not sure what more you can expect.

They sure do dig ditches for a living!:D
That's the first thing they do when they build those never ending innovative infrastructures.

The Phone Company

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm more curious to see if they really go all out for the Note 8 to make up for the Note 7 battery issue. I'm tempted to hold on to my note 4 and see what the note 8 will bring.

Well a couple of pointers to bear in mind, next year is Apple's 10th anniversary of iPhone with some pretty eye-opening rumors, plus I am sure they have the designs of the next few year's models pretty much drawn up already. These things aren't just designed a few months before hand and then produced?

1213 1213

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
What they should and are going to most likely do is the exact opposite. Expect a huge marketing campaign for the note 7, bigger than the actual launch. The only thing that can redeem the note 7 is the note 7. If they resign it as a failure then that would be a failure that would always be on Samsung's name.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Contrary to the junk journalism article of only 18%, the actual rate suggests the majority stayed with their Note 7 and exchanged. Some got loaners and some bailed to older devices or iPhones. Two local BBs and Verizon cooperate think the current retention rate is 70% to 80% and would be higher if the replacement rate of Note 7s met the demand. My guess is that could drop though, if there is a supply gap beyond two weeks.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I have always said Samsung should just release two models at the same time 5.5 & 5.7 inches every year. The S7 and s7 edge were amazing phones And still are... They could just offer the s pen with the 5.7 like they do now with the Note. Makes no sense giving phones like this a shorter shelf time. Works with apple every year right?

I agree as I've basically suggested this too. However that could cost them in sales as I mentioned before because of us power users who own a Note then when the Edge comes out they ditch the Note and buy the Edge, then when the new Note comes out they buy it.

I would take a guess and probably 50 percent of the users on this forum will probably end up getting rid of the Note 7 and buy the S8 Edge and then when Note 8 is out will go to the Note 8. Gotta have the newest thing. It has been like that the last two years. This year a lot of the Note 5 people on here bought the S7 Edge.

dstrauss

May 7, 2014
Visit site

My money (will be on) a folding screen design of some sort that takes teh Note 8 from phablet to tablet when extend. It weill eitehr be folded or pull out like a scroll to extend screen real estate to a 6"x6" tablet - just watch - they are on to something big...

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Considering the plans to announce the galaxtmy "X" series next year, who knows whats in store for the "S" and note series...

My guess is there will be a note 8, but only samsung knows for sure.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Considering the plans to announce the galaxtmy "X" series next year, who knows whats in store for the "S" and note series...

My guess is there will be a note 8, but only samsung knows for sure.

How will they make cases for the folding screen phones?

dstrauss

May 7, 2014
Visit site
How will they make cases for the folding screen phones?
My guess is the "fold" will either be a small top layer (like a couple of tempered glass screen protectors) that folds outward to extend the screen, or more likely a roll out "scroll" - not meant for more writing surface but just a larger screen experience. Will require a folio-type case.

There is little disagreement that Apple will have at least one premium model for the ten year anniversary that will be "all screen" - home "button" and cameras behind screen - probably with an edge-type AMOLED screen, so Samsung has to bring out the big guns with their "X" sereies, and my money is on an X-Note.

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

Well even if no else wants the Note, they can make one just for me each year....lol, love that danm phone. I am looking for a back up phone and everything looks soooo blah n blaze (Even the S7 Edge). So I am keeping the Note 7, even if I get the 8 next year. It will be my back up. The battery life on the new one is amazing soo far (after Tmobile update), better than the first one I had.

Samsung will not stop making this line of phones any time soon.

I Upgrade every two yrs or so...if the N8 is phenomenal, AND if Sammy offers us N7 users a 'mea culpa deal, I might consider....

wildblue

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Nope, and I fully intend to get one next month, as a matter of fact. I think any damage to the brand is going to be minimal as most of the general public probably have not even taken much notice of it. This issue has been making the rounds for a couple of weeks and I just now turned to my wife, who is quite intelligent but not a tech enthusiast, as a test and asked her "Hey, have you heard about the thing with the Galaxy Note 7?" and her reply was "No. What about it?".

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power