Otterbox Defender + tempered glass works great!!

dcooper830

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
So I finally got my Otterbox Defender in today.. popped it on without removing my curved tempered glass... and it fit perfectly.. even with the built in Otterbox screen protector on there.

However, it quickly became apparent that dust would collect... so I ripped the plastic Otterbox protector like I do with all my others I've had.

But the inner case goes over the top and bottom of the tempered glass and holds it down nicely!

I'm very happily surprised how well it works!!

Just posting in case anyone is interested in having that combo on their Note 7 :)

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
So you can remove the built in like the rest? It looked like it was solid plastic where I couldnt remove it and just touch the screen.

Carraser23

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
So I finally got my Otterbox Defender in today.. popped it on without removing my curved tempered glass... and it fit perfectly.. even with the built in Otterbox screen protector on there.

However, it quickly became apparent that dust would collect... so I ripped the plastic Otterbox protector like I do with all my others I've had.

But the inner case goes over the top and bottom of the tempered glass and holds it down nicely!

Just posting in case anyone is interested in having that combo on their Note 7 :)

Dam i thought they redesigned the defender with a higher quality screen protector. Still the same flimsy protector?

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Can you post pictures of it on the phone?

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Dam i thought they redesigned the defender with a higher quality screen protector. Still the same flimsy protector?

The pictures i saw on the otterbox site sure made it look like 1 piece of hard plastic, i had high hopes for it.. but if it is just like the s7edge case i may not get it.. the s7edge case was not my friend lol

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
The pictures i saw on the otterbox site sure made it look like 1 piece of hard plastic, i had high hopes for it.. but if it is just like the s7edge case i may not get it.. the s7edge case was not my friend lol

I have the S7 edge now. I like the Defender. The screen protector actually fits very tight to the screen so no needing to remove it to clean and this case is VERY tight! Only downside the thicker plastic they used takes hitting the keys harder to type.

However the Note 7 Defender has the same junky screen protector as most Defenders have. Thin plastic film with air gaps that gathers dirt under it. From the real photos of the Note 7 Defender and youtube video, it's utter junk. I would buy that Evo Tactical XT case over that. 60 bucks for the Note 7 Defender is a joke!

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm disappointed that the actual defender isn't what it looks like in the pictures. I was really looking forward to this new design. I was going to buy this for work and go naked on the screen outside of work, but now I have to rethink my plan. It doesn't help otterbox only made a couple thousand and are now sold out already. I don't understand how you take over a month after the phone is released to get your case out and not make enough cases to last a weekend. They had the iPhone 7 defender available before the phone was released. I've had a defender for every phone I've owned and now I have to seek other options.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm disappointed that the actual defender isn't what it looks like in the pictures. I was really looking forward to this new design. I was going to buy this for work and go naked on the screen outside of work, but now I have to rethink my plan. It doesn't help otterbox only made a couple thousand and are now sold out already. I don't understand how you take over a month after the phone is released to get your case out and not make enough cases to last a weekend. They had the iPhone 7 defender available before the phone was released. I've had a defender for every phone I've owned and now I have to seek other options.

Plus with the whole recall thing and sales on the Note 7 will not be as good, it means Note 7 cases probably won't even be a priority for Otterbox now if not a lot of people will purchase a Note 7.

dcooper830

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I'll post pictures as soon as I get a chance. I'm really happy with the way it fits... even with the tempered glass.

And it's not as bulky as previous Defenders for the Notes. It's pretty sleek but still protects well I think.

And yes, the built in screen protector is the same as on previous Defenders. It's not bad I don't think... but I always take them out and use a glass protector if I can. And I've found it works really well with the N7 imo :)

dcooper830

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
1cb4ed19e68181b90f24728eb0c58102.jpg

879c3f4d9cade066d771d7cf9db9d0d8.jpg

473711a9f35feaf90a84b5a12898dfaf.jpg

715c3883afc553d369580e47a1ef27ea.jpg

ba40f31aed8e7027f77424c89cb72b86.jpg

90caad5a10b32ab7e874a7febeeb2a57.jpg

p5200

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
I just put one on my wife's s7E phone yesterday, and to me it was a pain in the butt! especially the outer rubber case and, I will probably be removing the clear flimsy plastic as she sure doesn't like it. :D