I have a Note 7. Bought on the second day they came out. I'm in love with it, but highly discouraged with the pace of the recall/ replacement program. I have come to find allot of information and though I would share with others what I know and maybe if some one knows more or better news, please educate me.
    I bought my Note 7 through Sams Club. I am a AT&T customer and so ATT has already gotten this notification of upgrade and all charges have been implemented/ started.
    The major carriers have received their allotment of Note 7's to swap with their customer's that purchased a Note 7 from their stores. They will not swap with me, even though I'm an Att customer, because I bought my phone from Sams. They have told me I have to go to Sams.
    Sams ( retailer) have not gotten their allotment of new Note 7s and they have no idea ( at least those I have spoken with) when they would be getting any in to make swaps. Even though ATT has new Note 7s for swapping, they are not for selling to new customers.
    In talking with Samsung, they will not be selling the new and corrected Note 7s until all recall phones are taken care of. This makes it a bumper. Sams Club would gladly refund my monies, but If I can't go to ATT and buy a new one from them, I'd rather keep my old one with a bit of caution sprinkled around for luck.
    Since the update from Samsung has happen on our Note 7, we now are reminded daily to turn off the phone and participate in the recall program now, how ever and what ever that could provide at this time. That is unacceptable. I love my Note 7 and I'm going to wait until I can get a replacement at the same time I turn the old one in. Other than preaching how dangerous this could be for me, can anyone shed any more information that I am not aware of?
    PS- I did read on one forum, a Verizon customer who also bought a Note 7 from Sams Club, indicated he was told by a Sams Club rep that they should be receiving their allotment come September 28th!
    09-23-2016 05:29 PM
    One thing to know is that it seems like the average number of phones that carries have gotten is around 15 or so (the store up the street from me got 9). So it's not like they got 200 or anything on the 21st for replacements. There are about 10 stores in a 15 mile radius of me and all of them have waiting lists as of yesterday, some started on the 21st after they ran out of their initial shipment and some finally started one yesterday. Unless Samsung starts cranking up the manufacturing it is going to take a while to get all of the replacements taken care of. When I first hear the October 21 date of new customers being able to purchase the Note 7 I thought that was way too far out but if the replacements are going to just trickle in then it might be a realistic date.
    09-23-2016 05:46 PM
    This is the first time I have heard a date for selling new notes to new customers. Thanks for the information. It'll be interesting to see if that October date is kept.
    09-24-2016 01:37 PM
    Hell, Verizon is selling them at the same time as exchanges are happening which was a huge headache trying to get a replacement, for blue coral that is. Especially because I live in a very populated area. Sorry I can't help with your problem but I wouldnt be in a rush if I were you. As long as your phone is workimg fine, trouble free, then just wait on Sam's club.
    Dirtymark likes this.
    09-24-2016 03:19 PM
    Thanks. That is exactly what I was thinking.
    Viscomi4444 likes this.
    09-25-2016 07:42 AM