10-11-2016 11:17 AM
239 ... 8910
tools
    The battery on this is one word. LONG. It lasts for freakin ever. There are days I barely use the phone and it's still in the 80s when I got to bed. There are (more) days where I use it a lot, constantly almost, and it's only in the 50's at bed time. I almost consider not charging it just to see where it ends up some nights. But then I'm power greedy.
    jlczl and Preach2k like this.
    10-06-2016 08:57 PM
    The battery on this is one word. LONG. It lasts for freakin ever. There are days I barely use the phone and it's still in the 80s when I got to bed. There are (more) days where I use it a lot, constantly almost, and it's only in the 50's at bed time. I almost consider not charging it just to see where it ends up some nights. But then I'm power greedy.
    Me too, I get a good 16 hours out of mine Daily.
    10-07-2016 03:49 PM
    Consider this post cliche for this thread, I would consider myself a power user, but I am getting nowhere near the battery life of my iPhone 6 Plus. I'm getting about 4 hours of SOT in the past few days, where the iPhone got over 6 hours constantly. It doesn't help that I've heard that the potential for this battery is much higher than my results. I dont do much either, mostly just basic social media, Spotify, YouTube, and Netflix. During a normal 8 hour school day the phone usually goes down to about 50's and 60's. Today for instance I had 15 hours of usage and 2 hours of SOY. Not horrendous, but certainly nowhere near some peoole' s phones in this thread. If it helps at all I have disabled AOD, found no "power hungry" apps that were hogging the battery and have a Verizon module that was manufactured in Korea on September 10th. I love the phone but for it to he perfect it would just need that better battery life, and of course the whole exploding thing to not exist
    10-07-2016 11:52 PM
    Consider this post cliche for this thread, I would consider myself a power user, but I am getting nowhere near the battery life of my iPhone 6 Plus. I'm getting about 4 hours of SOT in the past few days, where the iPhone got over 6 hours constantly. It doesn't help that I've heard that the potential for this battery is much higher than my results. I dont do much either, mostly just basic social media, Spotify, YouTube, and Netflix. During a normal 8 hour school day the phone usually goes down to about 50's and 60's. Today for instance I had 15 hours of usage and 2 hours of SOY. Not horrendous, but certainly nowhere near some peoole' s phones in this thread. If it helps at all I have disabled AOD, found no "power hungry" apps that were hogging the battery and have a Verizon module that was manufactured in Korea on September 10th. I love the phone but for it to he perfect it would just need that better battery life, and of course the whole exploding thing to not exist
    Is your GPS off? That uses a lot of juice.
    10-08-2016 07:28 AM
    How do you know you got 6 hours of SOT? iPhone didn't have a way to measure that.

I loved my iphone 6s+ when I had it but I never knew what I got for SOT.

I'm getting 4.5-6.5 on my Note 7 and my usage on this device and patterns are what I did with iPhone.

I think one of the reasons people focus on battery on the Note 7 is precisely because Note 7 let's you look at everything going on with battery when iPhone doesn't go that deep, just showing you broad general use.

I would unplug my iphone at 530am and at 7pm had 10-15% left.

I unplug my Note 7 at 530 and at 7 I am down to 5-10%. Since I take notes on my Note 7 I find I'm using it more which can explain that as well.

Good news though. When I do get lower than I like a 10min quick charge adds 15% if needed. That is a far cry from the 3% I might get from iPhone if needed.
    10-08-2016 07:47 AM
    Iphone and samsung both have different screens. Where iphone has lcd and samsung has 2k amoled screen...there are people who get more than 6 hrs sot...i on samsung s7 edge have touched max of 7 hrs sot...
    Few setting of putting nfc off and in wifi go to setting and switch of searching in the background...
    Keep screen brightness to auto...
    10-08-2016 11:26 AM
    How do you know you got 6 hours of SOT? iPhone didn't have a way to measure that.

I loved my iphone 6s+ when I had it but I never knew what I got for SOT.

I'm getting 4.5-6.5 on my Note 7 and my usage on this device and patterns are what I did with iPhone.

I think one of the reasons people focus on battery on the Note 7 is precisely because Note 7 let's you look at everything going on with battery when iPhone doesn't go that deep, just showing you broad general use.

I would unplug my iphone at 530am and at 7pm had 10-15% left.

I unplug my Note 7 at 530 and at 7 I am down to 5-10%. Since I take notes on my Note 7 I find I'm using it more which can explain that as well.

Good news though. When I do get lower than I like a 10min quick charge adds 15% if needed. That is a far cry from the 3% I might get from iPhone if needed.
    I've always figured that Usage was SOT, unlike Android where it shows the time off the charger.

I've done practically everything imaginable to increase the battery, including the suggestions in this thread.
    10-08-2016 07:14 PM
    I'm kinda baffled by this battery performance.. One time I got 6.5 hrs of SOT and then it's 5 hrs and now it's like 4:45...so I'm not sure why I went from great to a little bit below average. Any suggestions... I'll post a couple screens. Note 7 - Battery Life (Replacement Devices)-3820.jpgAttachment 241805

Is that screen wake time a problem?
    10-08-2016 10:17 PM
    I feel my new device gives better battery life than the old one
    5+hrs on screen time
    love it
    Preach2k likes this.
    10-09-2016 02:51 PM
    My battery life is great but the fast charging isn't that fast anymore - see new thread.
    10-10-2016 02:21 AM
    i just thought of sharing this to you guys for your own safety, this is also for those who already got a replacement.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 7 owners told to turn off device - BBC News
    10-11-2016 03:29 AM
    i just thought of sharing this to you guys for your own safety, this is also for those who already got a replacement.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 7 owners told to turn off device - BBC News
    They will have to come in with the Army to make me shut down my Samsung Galaxy Note 7 or ask me to give it back lol
    I AM KEEPING MY NOTE 7
    Preach2k likes this.
    10-11-2016 05:24 AM
    They will have to come in with the Army to make me shut down my Samsung Galaxy Note 7 or ask me to give it back lol
    I AM KEEPING MY NOTE 7
    May the force be with you.
    10-11-2016 11:10 AM
    Closing it down.... please refer to the stickied threads and the new returns sub forum.
    10-11-2016 11:17 AM
239 ... 8910