10-11-2016 11:17 AM
239 1234 ...
tools
    This is my first full day with the phone so we'll see how it goes, but my battery life was amazing on my old phone. Hopefully this at least matches it.
    09-24-2016 07:33 AM
    Mine has been crazy good. I got from 6 this morning until 7 tonight with pretty heavy usage, wifi in and still had 30% left. When I checked on battery usage it said I had screen usage of 6.5 hours.
    6.5 hours of screen on time? Can't see (no pun intended) it happening with this battery.

I haven't seen any pictures with this high of screen time.

That being said, I sure can't complain about the battery throughout the day.
    09-24-2016 07:36 AM
    I maybe get 2.5 hours of Sot. Are you making any optimization changes?
    I haven't made any changes. I close out all my apps often, adaptive screen with auto dimming and that's about it.
    09-24-2016 07:49 AM
    6.5 hours of screen on time? Can't see (no pun intended) it happening with this battery.

Fair enough. I just took it off the charger so I'll grab a screen shot later in the day and post it. Now I must enjoy my coffee and continued tweeking of the new phone.
    09-24-2016 07:52 AM
    3500mah is 3500mah. Unless Samsung performed some undercover OS optimization, the battery life is the same.
    This is not true and they did do customizations from what I have read, at least for T-mobile phones.
    09-24-2016 08:04 AM
    Since I just got mine last night and am still adding apps and the phone is probably doing some behind the scenes restoring, I will reserve judgement for a couple of days. Haven't noticed anything to worry about yet, though.
    09-24-2016 08:06 AM
    I think I saw a post where you said you did a smart switch. I hate to say this but I'm in the camp that a clean, like new install is the best way to go. I did smart switch w Galaxy s7 to Note and was experiencing minor annoyances. I then fdr and set up from scratch...all the annoyances went away.

I realize that was an S7 to Note...but I decided to set the new Note up from scratch as well. The only issue I had was not getting the tone when using the "ok Google" command but rolling back the Google app one update seems to have fixed it. I also appear to be running the beta of Google so that might have to blame as well.

As far as battery life goes, I feel I've barely put mine down since getting it so I STILL don't know what a real day would be like but it definitely has the same if not better battery life. No complaints here.
    Yes, I never use smart switch or any of these transfer apps. I always set up new phones as a "New Device" and start from scratch. It takes a lot time and hard work but well worth it in the long run.

I'm also a fanatic for closing all apps, all the time.
    09-24-2016 08:13 AM

Considering Phonearea and other sites got 14 to 15 hours SOT streaming video, it would be very easy to get 6.5 hours SOT, if in a very good signal area (or some wifi use) and not a lot of of GPU heavy app use. All depends on your use. I get 6.5 hours using LTE and mixed app use (browser, games, Youtube, music), but in FHD mode. Display still looks great and better than my sons FHD iPhone.

Added: In contrast, the V20 in reviews so far gets half the battery life steaming video. The display is a power sucker.
    09-24-2016 08:23 AM
    I do run a lot of dark themes ad well. I'll assume that helps quite a bit with SOT
    09-24-2016 08:24 AM
    3500mah is 3500mah. Unless Samsung performed some undercover OS optimization, the battery life is the same.
    This right here.

Anything anyone is thinking they are experiencing is purely a placebo affect.

Sorry but the size of the battery is the size. Perhaps since the replacement isn't really "new" the wow factor and usage is slightly different. I know it is for me.

Now I've only had my replacement for 48 hours but I am about where I was before. Maybe little better because I'm not constantly looking at all the new features and functions. Remember the N7 was 2-3 weeks in until the issues popped up with batteries.
    09-24-2016 09:24 AM
    Considering Phonearea and other sites got 14 to 15 hours SOT streaming video, it would be very easy to get 6.5 hours SOT, if in a very good signal area (or some wifi use) and not a lot of of GPU heavy app use. All depends on your use. I get 6.5 hours using LTE and mixed app use (browser, games, Youtube, music), but in FHD mode. Display still looks great and better than my sons FHD iPhone.

Added: In contrast, the V20 in reviews so far gets half the battery life steaming video. The display is a power sucker.
    LOLOLOL. please post a link to any review where anyone got 14-15 SOT. Damn. You can't get that on older blackberries which were renown for days of battery life.
    09-24-2016 09:25 AM
    This right here.

Anything anyone is thinking they are experiencing is purely a placebo affect.

Sorry but the size of the battery is the size. Perhaps since the replacement isn't really "new" the wow factor and usage is slightly different. I know it is for me.

Now I've only had my replacement for 48 hours but I am about where I was before. Maybe little better because I'm not constantly looking at all the new features and functions. Remember the N7 was 2-3 weeks in until the issues popped up with batteries.
    No placebo effect here. My replacement Note 7 is faster more responsive than my first one. I got 6.5 hours of SOT yesterday. T-Mobile users got a 409MB software update that had optimizations and enhancements. Look around here at the numerous threads and posts of people saying the same things.
    09-24-2016 09:36 AM

I dunno....I'm not one to cripple my devices to get battery life. As a normal Joe, I just cant see that much SOT out of the box. Maybe if you cripple (okay, "tweak") it but I'd rather just turn it on and go. I do have auto brightness but that's about it.
    09-24-2016 09:45 AM
    Yes, I never use smart switch or any of these transfer apps. I always set up new phones as a "New Device" and start from scratch. It takes a lot time and hard work but well worth it in the long run.

I'm also a fanatic for closing all apps, all the time.
    Yep, this.
    09-24-2016 09:46 AM
    Mine definitely has better battery life than the old one, and is now charging just as fast as the old one too. I feel bad for the folks here who are experiencing slow charging and battery life issues. Hopefully they can get them exchanged once more and finally have a good phone.

I plugged mine in 14 minutes ago at 56% and it's up to 71% now (fast charge) and it was last at 100% yesterday around 2 pm with light usage since.
    09-24-2016 10:26 AM
    So I read on here on one of the other threads that some of these replacement devices are just devices that were looked over and verified to be okay but were from the previous manufacturing batch and those only have the black square on the IMEI sticker where as those that were manufactured after all of this are the ones that actually have the V2 on the sticker. Maybe those with the V2 are the ones that are more responsive and have better battery life and the ones that are from the first batch but verified to not have flaming batteries are not as good on battery?
    09-24-2016 10:35 AM
    So I read on here on one of the other threads that some of these replacement devices are just devices that were looked over and verified to be okay but were from the previous manufacturing batch and those only have the black square on the IMEI sticker where as those that were manufactured after all of this are the ones that actually have the V2 on the sticker. Maybe those with the V2 are the ones that are more responsive and have better battery life and the ones that are from the first batch but verified to not have flaming batteries are not as good on battery?
    Possibly. I have the v2 with a manufacture date of 9/11/2016
    09-24-2016 10:40 AM
    But if they were diverting the Chinese stock, wouldn't they have Exynos processors?
    09-24-2016 10:46 AM
    I have the Verizon edition with the double stickers on the box and it was manufactured on 09-01-2016
    This one has been way better then the original.

The Verizon model number changed from SMN930VZKA to SMN930VZKB
    I believe that the "B" is the version 2 from Verizon.

I don't believe any Verizon Note 7 has V2 on the sticker.
    09-24-2016 10:54 AM
    I notice improved battery as well with my replacement. I wouldn't say it's doubled or anything crazy but I'm easily saving 10%+ during my work day without changing my usage habits. I do keep AOD off for battery reasons but did the same on my original N7 as well.

And yes, AT&T may not have given the T-Mobile type of update but it was substantial in size and took a while to install.
    09-24-2016 11:04 AM
    Interesting hypothesis that they are sending out old unaffected units. I have the black square, same product number, built Sept 6.
    09-24-2016 11:21 AM
    So far (2days) battery life is sub-par compared to my recalled 7. I could go 2 days on a single charhe with it, where as with this new 7, I barely get 24hrs...

That being said, the old 7 didn't get that great battery life the first week I had it, so I'm hoping this one goes the same.
    09-24-2016 11:23 AM
    I think these are new builds. They built 500k and shipped to the US in 3 weeks. That is about normal production.

How can we tell what the build date is?

09-24-2016 11:27 AM
    I think these are new builds. They built 500k and shipped to the US in 3 weeks. That is about normal production.

How can we tell what the build date is?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...01b4466ee0.jpg
    Let's know your manufacture date.

Here you go:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...honeinfo&hl=en
    09-24-2016 11:32 AM
    FWIW,

I too have a Verizon replacement and I am noticing MUCH better battery life even before I started to read about it on here. Usually the first couple of days with a new phone the battery life is sub-par until it "settles in". This has not been the case with this phone. It does have updated software from my first Note 7 and I installed the 'green battery' update on the new one when I received it. I am confident this isn't the placebo effect.
    This phone is working and running absolutely fantastic.
    09-24-2016 11:39 AM
239 1234 ...