Note 7 - Battery Life (Replacement Devices)

Status
Not open for further replies.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Battery Life = Yuck

Could be an app... if was ok one day then next day draining maybe you got an update around that time? That's why I try to not do mass updates at one time when available. Had a similar issue and then wiped system and was ok until I installed all apps. didn't keep track of the apps I installed so after I wiped system again and slowly installed/tests phone with each app I found the culprit... and app that was recently updated. I believe I waited for another update of that app before reinstalling it.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site

My replacement N7 started out like a beast. I have had it 8 days. Battery life, while still decent, has been declining daily. It's still better than my original N7 though but I hope the decline levels off here.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I've never gotten anywhere close to 5-6 hours and I often wonder how in the world any of you ever do. 4 hours I would be very impressed with.

As someone else mentioned, it looks like you had a weak signal in the screenshot. Was that at a location you're in all the time? When the phone has to keep seeking for a cell signal, that drains the battery in a ridiculous way. I have always gotten more than 5 hours on my N7 (original and replaced).

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Here is my battery so far, I have WiFi, brightness almost at full, Nfc is on as I have led case and many widgets. Last time I charged it was yesterday night and then unplugged it before sleeping . :p

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160929-172835.jpg
    Screenshot_20160929-172835.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 19

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I was willing to deal with average battery life given how powerful and feature-rich the OS and hardware are, but alas... it's been stellar. 8.5 hours into my workday and 75% remaining.

Screenshot_20160929-185320.jpg

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Watching videos like the ones linked below... they say standby time is terrible on the new Note 7 with new batteries. J.Williams is actually doing a live stream where he follows up and said standby time is still an issue with him. Curious to see how many people have started seeing that on their replacement Notes. J.Williams says SOT ok... but it's the standby time that stinks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwgokkVP9QA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KGHVLzQeso

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 7 battery life

1475230116373.jpg

I am not having the issues that some are. However I WAS and almost returned it. I did a FDR and then reinstalled my apps. But this time, instead of downloading a bunch of apps all at once, I looked at all of the ones that use consistently.

Those I downloaded. Then I slowly added more over last couple days.

Now you can see from this my battery was excellent. My phone did restart itself for some reason this AM and I did charge it but for only 8 min in my car (I'm used to just plugging it in when getting into car but didn't want to for test. Forget. So 8 min on my car charger ).

My SOT in this case was only 2:48 BUT I ended up reading a lot of stuff on forums and FB using Chrome so I brought it down to 25% after 16.45 hours on and 3:58 SOT.

I would estimate I'd get 4:50-6 hours of SOT draining it all the way down if I did so with total battery time of over 18 hours.

Very very good.

Give it 1 full week. If it doesn't correct itself then return it. I know I almost did. It was getting hot too often and dropping between 60-20% rapidly.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
The FDR seems to have helped. I have very weak cellular signal at my house so that may be causing part of the issue as well, I never thought about that. Anything I can do about that? Although I wasn't home yesterday when my battery went crazy.

123spongebob123

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Interesting about by passing Smart Switch.
I would like to do a clean install but the only transfer all I really need is contacts transferred.
How can I transfer contacts as a "clean" install?
Any other transfers that could be made for a clean install and if so how do I do the transfer?
Appreciated, thanks.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Interesting about by passing Smart Switch.
I would like to do a clean install but the only transfer all I really need is contacts transferred.
How can I transfer contacts as a "clean" install?
Any other transfers that could be made for a clean install and if so how do I do the transfer?
Appreciated, thanks.
I just sync my contacts thru Google.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Watching videos like the ones linked below... they say standby time is terrible on the new Note 7 with new batteries. J.Williams is actually doing a live stream where he follows up and said standby time is still an issue with him. Curious to see how many people have started seeing that on their replacement Notes. J.Williams says SOT ok... but it's the standby time that stinks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwgokkVP9QA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KGHVLzQeso
That's interesting. I went off charger last night at 10 pm and my battery was at 96% when I left for work at 9 am today. That's only 4% battery loss over 11 hours on standby (on but no use).

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I've had mine for 1 week now and the battery has been great. Took it off the wireless fast charger this morning around 7am (now 12:50 pm), at 80% and it says the estimated remaining time is 19 hrs 36 min. Ive been on it quite a few times throughout the day texting, email, facebook and so on. Honestly my original Note 7 had great battery live as well.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site

My battery is doing well.

Attaching stats. I only charged it 2 times. 1 time for 4 min and 1 for 8 min. Just in the car. So total of 12 min which probably added 8% more. I do it all the time without even realizing it. Habit.

Assuming I didn't just remove another 8% from these numbers.

I'm at 25% right now.

Automatic brightness with BT and wifi location at power savings.

1475277311452.jpg

1475277320696.jpg

This tells me I'm going to get 14-16 hours with 6 hours of SOT.

That is WAY better than my older note 5 and about the same as my previous iPhone 6s+.

I'm satisfied.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

Hows this look guys? Seems a little bad to me for light usage.
9bde8f2331afcf2d59eaa08589ec9c29.jpg

6b44714cb9d000859c6d0b66ed6102a4.jpg

4c521d5dcb854e1fc4f2dd86b63776fa.jpg

Last edited:

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Mine has been crazy good. I got from 6 this morning until 7 tonight with pretty heavy usage, wifi in and still had 30% left. When I checked on battery usage it said I had screen usage of 6.5 hours.
I also get 6.5 or more with display brightness at about 75%, location off, and everything normal. Snapdragon model.

bialy

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
bloatware & battery life

Are you able to turn off your carrier's (eg, verizon) bloatware, Or you are stuck & not able to turn off??
I heard that running bloatware can contribute significantly to fast battery drain.
(And how can one tell what bloatware is running?)

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: bloatware & battery life

Yes - plenty of posts on this.

A lot of it can be disabled manually.

All of it can be disabled using Package Disabler Pro. This is what I use. Just be careful what you turn off, as it may be a service you actually need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams