Note 7 - Battery Life (Replacement Devices)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsk0703

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Re: bloatware & battery life

Yes, for $.99 it's a useful app. Just be careful and research anything questionable before disabling.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: bloatware & battery life

Yes - plenty of posts on this.

A lot of it can be disabled manually.

All of it can be disabled using Package Disabler Pro. This is what I use. Just be careful what you turn off, as it may be a service you actually need.

Can you tell us what you disabled so we can do the same? I have the same program just unsure what to turn off.

Stealthieone

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: Note 7 battery life

My battery is doing well.

Attaching stats. I only charged it 2 times. 1 time for 4 min and 1 for 8 min. Just in the car. So total of 12 min which probably added 8% more. I do it all the time without even realizing it. Habit.

Assuming I didn't just remove another 8% from these numbers.

I'm at 25% right now.

Automatic brightness with BT and wifi location at power savings.

View attachment 241104

View attachment 241105

This tells me I'm going to get 14-16 hours with 6 hours of SOT.

That is WAY better than my older note 5 and about the same as my previous iPhone 6s+.

I'm satisfied.

Something has happened.. Seems like my battery life has declined.. I've dropped 7% in 35 mins of SOT... Any suggestions?

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: Battery Life has been phenomenal with the new Replacement Note 7 's

My battery also seems to be noticeably better. I did do a clean install when my N7 replacement arrived. Very Happy!

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Can someone tell me if they have this same issue. Or maybe it's not an issue. Android system tje top offender in battery at 42%?!?! I've never seen it that high before. Ever.

1475441805835.jpg

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Can someone tell me if they have this same issue. Or maybe it's not an issue. Android system tje top offender in battery at 42%?!?! I've never seen it that high before. Ever.

42%, is not necessarily an issue. I'd be more concerned with broader metrics like standby drain, screen on time, and overall device uptime. If you are not doing anything with your device (e.g., while is sitting at night), then a high Android system % is to be expected, simply because the screen is off and other apps are not running.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
42%, is not necessarily an issue. I'd be more concerned with broader metrics like standby drain, screen on time, and overall device uptime. If you are not doing anything with your device (e.g., while is sitting at night), then a high Android system % is to be expected, simply because the screen is off and other apps are not running.
And the reason for that would be?

Also this isn't an issue of sitting all night. My phone sits on wireless charger all night. I look at info after that point when it resets and starts keeping track off charger.

piinkRainbowz

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
93d7852735b78a071f97f8176e4de377.jpg
e685a51a1f5d84eaccd4867e65542acc.jpg
a254005f7a79719392a887f53c769dac.jpg
[/IMG]

Battery life im seeing. I get rid of apps that are draining my battery and find alternatives. I usually use a dark theme. This one is pink and black.. AOD is always on no matter what. I have my phone on auto brightness but the screen so bright I dont even go near have brightness unless I cant see it in sunlight. My bluetooth is always on for car stereo. And i use alot of wifi at work and at home.

I love this new battery and note 7. Battery is a whole lote better than my note 4 and 5.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Standby battery is very good as well. More than 2 1/2 days of standby time with about 4 1/2 hours of SOT. My previous tests of SOT were outstanding so those combined with this have resulted in me having reached the point where I no longer feel the need to test my battery for screen on time or for standby time. This battery is just great. No more worries. Off to just enjoy my phone for the rest of its life span.
710751b1861d7493bc770ef3b2157b19.jpg
e2231d9217f492980d073a9907a50f6a.jpg

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Battery is great for me. I could've got at least another 30 minutes easily. Not sure what you all that are having problems are doing or not doing? Bad cell signal, bad app (rouge), not debloating (shouldn't have to, but worth noting), didn't go to recovery clean cache, max brightness. You shouldn't have to do all of these things to have good battery, but should if you want a great battery.

Again I personally, debloat with package disabler, auto screen brightness, screen mode basic(because i dont like over saturation), 2 gmails synced and one yahoo, fb synced, weather updating every hour, and location (power save), gps, bluetooth, wifi, and aod always on. 5-6 hours daily.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161003-013911.jpg
    Screenshot_20161003-013911.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20161003-013923.jpg
    Screenshot_20161003-013923.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 7

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Battery is great for me. I could've got at least another 30 minutes easily. Not sure what you all that are having problems are doing or not doing? Bad cell signal, bad app (rouge), not debloating (shouldn't have to, but worth noting), didn't go to recovery clean cache, max brightness. You shouldn't have to do all of these things to have good battery, but should if you want a great battery.

Again I personally, debloat with package disabler, auto screen brightness, screen mode basic(because i dont like over saturation), 2 gmails synced and one yahoo, fb synced, weather updating every hour, and location (power save), gps, bluetooth, wifi, and aod always on. 5-6 hours daily.
So I think for most who don't get this kind of battery cell signal is the #1 factor.

Do you have good cell most of the time? Unfortunately for me at home I do not and I notice big differences when I travel.

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
And the reason for that would be?

Also this isn't an issue of sitting all night. My phone sits on wireless charger all night. I look at info after that point when it resets and starts keeping track off charger.

It is just the arithmetic. The 42% says NOTHING about the total amount of battery drain you have. It only says, of the total amount, how much is Android System. Even if you had good battery life (e.g., standby drain less than 0.5%/hour; SOT greater than 7 hours) If you are not running apps much, then Android System is going to be a high number. Hope that helps.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
So I think for most who don't get this kind of battery cell signal is the #1 factor.

Do you have good cell most of the time? Unfortunately for me at home I do not and I notice big differences when I travel.

Yes I have good signal most of the time except at work. By work I'm usually in the 65%-75% range. But still have enough juice until I hit the sack.

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
I've had mine for 1 week now and the battery has been great. Took it off the wireless fast charger this morning around 7am (now 12:50 pm), at 80% and it says the estimated remaining time is 19 hrs 36 min. Ive been on it quite a few times throughout the day texting, email, facebook and so on. Honestly my original Note 7 had great battery live as well.

How are you getting that?? This is my second "safe" note7 now and both were only getting about 9-10 hours. Wake up in the morning and within an hour, i go down to about 89%. Seems like every hour I go down to about 10%. I do not have much apps.

Did I just get a bad batch??

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site

Really appreciate this video. I too am experiencing quick battery drainage as well, and this is my second note7 after I exchanged my first one after the recall. This is my first experience with a Samsung device after deciding to make a switch from iphones. Maybe I have yet to "break" in my second phone yet? I seem to be only getting about 10 hours of battery life.. noticing the battery dropping about 1% each minute I use it. Paying this premium price, I too am expecting a good, quality product. It doesnt even me last to the end of the work hour for me, yet I hear people are getting over a day of battery usage with just one charge.

I got both phones from Best Buy and am on ATT. I will give this exchange unit the full 14 days till I decide to keep it or not, depending how the battery life gets.

Thank you for letting me know that I am not the only one experiencing this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12