Note 7 - Battery Life (Replacement Devices)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victor Suarez

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Battery Life has been phenomenal with the new Replacement Note 7 's

Got mine 2 weeks ago and it's fantastic....no complaints from me. Love my phone :)

jsk0703

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
I can't help but wonder if it's a software bug. I mean, the charging led shuts off at 100% and it seems to stay there. I'm curious to know if the phone is running off battery or the cord at that point. I suspect it's the battery which might explain why phones appear to drop e quickly.

GadgetRick

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Note 7 Battery Draining Too Fast

I have one of the replaced Note 7s. I have noticed my battery draining WAY fast. As an example, this morning, I turned it on (after a full charge) about 35 minutes ago. I am now at 83%. I have done next to nothing with the phone since turning it on--I checked a text. I also closed ALL applications that were running.

This was a problem with the first Note 7--you know, the kind that might have exploded--and I couldn't figure it out then.

When I check the battery usage, it usually shows Android System then Andoid OS. Right now, it lists T-Mobile as the most-used app for battery. First time I have seen T-Mobile up there.

What can I do to figure out what's draining the battery so fast? It's quite frustrating.

shertan

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Note 7 Battery Draining Too Fast

I have one of the replaced Note 7s. I have noticed my battery draining WAY fast. As an example, this morning, I turned it on (after a full charge) about 35 minutes ago. I am now at 83%. I have done next to nothing with the phone since turning it on--I checked a text. I also closed ALL applications that were running.

This was a problem with the first Note 7--you know, the kind that might have exploded--and I couldn't figure it out then.

When I check the battery usage, it usually shows Android System then Andoid OS. Right now, it lists T-Mobile as the most-used app for battery. First time I have seen T-Mobile up there.

What can I do to figure out what's draining the battery so fast? It's quite frustrating.

Hi i am from the philippines . And i have the same issue as you. Battery draining really fast .

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Hi! I'm sorry, this problem must indeed be frustrating for you. I don't know much about Tmobile but does that carrier come with a lot of bloatware? It's possible that those apps may be causing a drain, especially if it is near/at the top of your usage stats.

Also, what is your signal strength like? If your device has to search hard for a signal, its battery life will suffer.

Good luck! Keep us informed on what's happening!

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

I don't mean to be rude but there is actually several threads that are talking about battery life in this forum. There has been many discussions on possible causes and ways to improve your battery life tremendously. I would recommend looking through those threads.

1dtbrown

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I keep looking at my phone in disbelief. I got home last night with 75% battery left. I told my wife I think my battery is finally as good as her iphone.

On another note, a bunch of friends and I just returned from Italy. Friends had the iphony and I had the explosive Note 7. My phone was the only one to get reliable service.

On the way home, the airlines told everyone with a Galaxy phone to power down. I tried to return it in Italy but no one had the Note 7. I was able to return it at Best Buy with no issues upon return.

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I keep looking at my phone in disbelief. I got home last night with 75% battery left. I told my wife I think my battery is finally as good as her iphone.

My last couple Samsungs have had significantly better battery life than my wife's iphone. I always thought it was the general view... that iphones are not as good battery life wise. According to this iphone fanboy site (BGR.com), the Galaxy S7 has significantly better battery life than the iphone 7. (and the Note 7, certainly has better battery life than the S7).

iPhone 7 Features: Battery life is iPhone 7’s worst feature | BGR

GadgetRick

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site

Hi! I'm sorry, this problem must indeed be frustrating for you. I don't know much about Tmobile but does that carrier come with a lot of bloatware? It's possible that those apps may be causing a drain, especially if it is near/at the top of your usage stats.

Also, what is your signal strength like? If your device has to search hard for a signal, its battery life will suffer.

Good luck! Keep us informed on what's happening!

Thanks. I'm in a full signal strength area.

All carriers load bloatware, I'm just trying to figure out if that's the problem and, if it is, how to determine which one is causing the issue.

GadgetRick

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site

I don't mean to be rude but there is actually several threads that are talking about battery life in this forum. There has been many discussions on possible causes and ways to improve your battery life tremendously. I would recommend looking through those threads.

This isn't a general, "How to get longer battery life," question, this is an actual problem with the device/battery. I've searched all over and there was nothing specifically about this problem. I'm not looking to extend the life of my battery, I'm looking to get the normal amount of time out of it.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

My battery was draining quickly due to Bluetooth Share when I was paired with my Square chip reader. I have contacted Square. Hopefully Square can resolve this issue.

GadgetRick

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site

My battery was draining quickly due to Bluetooth Share when I was paired with my Square chip reader. I have contacted Square. Hopefully Square can resolve this issue.

I do use BT for a lot of things but it's not draining fast ALL of the time, just most of the time. That's what's so strange. Can't figure out what's causing the drain.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I do use BT for a lot of things but it's not draining fast ALL of the time, just most of the time. That's what's so strange. Can't figure out what's causing the drain.

Maybe it is one of your devices that is causing the drain, just like my Square reader.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I had my beats Bluetooth ear buds streaming music from the phone all day yesterday and only got down to 61% by 5:30pm. Phone off charger at 5am. I would say rogue app. Had an app last week I installed and unistalled because of battery drain. Reinstalled and it was fine after that.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Your answer is in your post. If T-Mobile app is at the top of the list, it's killing your battery. Most likely its keeping the phone awake and not allowing it to sleep.

Post some detailed screen shots and I'm sure it can get figured out.

GadgetRick

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site

Your answer is in your post. If T-Mobile app is at the top of the list, it's killing your battery. Most likely its keeping the phone awake and not allowing it to sleep.

Post some detailed screen shots and I'm sure it can get figured out.
Problem is, it's the first time it's been at the top of the list. Usually, it's at the bottom...and I've been having this problem for a long time. Normally, it's the Android OS listed at the top.

D_Gabe

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
I sent mine back last Friday morning. It is a Duos version. The seller told it would take less than a month for me to get my replacement back. It has to be sent to Hong Kong, apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.