Note 7 - Battery Life (Replacement Devices)

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Note 7 Battery Draining Too Fast

Problem is, it's the first time it's been at the top of the list. Usually, it's at the bottom...and I've been having this problem for a long time. Normally, it's the Android OS listed at the top.
Do you have anything disabled? A long time? Just the Note 7 or across multiple devices?

bay2view

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I've watched a guy in YouTube comparing different models of phone, one of them is a Note 7. The CPU temperature and usage of Note 7 is the highest among those phones. The application that is only running is the CPU temperature,and the phones are not connected to WIFI. But when he turned on the WIFI connections of those phones, the Note 7's CPU temperature and usage went down. The phone's temperature is no longer over 100F and CPU usage is no longer over 70%. But Honor 8's CPU temperature went up - the highest among the phones, when the WIFI was turned on.

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
The battery on this is one word. LONG. It lasts for freakin ever. There are days I barely use the phone and it's still in the 80s when I got to bed. There are (more) days where I use it a lot, constantly almost, and it's only in the 50's at bed time. I almost consider not charging it just to see where it ends up some nights. But then I'm power greedy.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
The battery on this is one word. LONG. It lasts for freakin ever. There are days I barely use the phone and it's still in the 80s when I got to bed. There are (more) days where I use it a lot, constantly almost, and it's only in the 50's at bed time. I almost consider not charging it just to see where it ends up some nights. But then I'm power greedy.

Me too, I get a good 16 hours out of mine Daily.

Nicolas Z

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
Consider this post cliche for this thread, I would consider myself a power user, but I am getting nowhere near the battery life of my iPhone 6 Plus. I'm getting about 4 hours of SOT in the past few days, where the iPhone got over 6 hours constantly. It doesn't help that I've heard that the potential for this battery is much higher than my results. I dont do much either, mostly just basic social media, Spotify, YouTube, and Netflix. During a normal 8 hour school day the phone usually goes down to about 50's and 60's. Today for instance I had 15 hours of usage and 2 hours of SOY. Not horrendous, but certainly nowhere near some peoole' s phones in this thread. If it helps at all I have disabled AOD, found no "power hungry" apps that were hogging the battery and have a Verizon module that was manufactured in Korea on September 10th. I love the phone but for it to he perfect it would just need that better battery life, and of course the whole exploding thing to not exist

blueroadster72

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Consider this post cliche for this thread, I would consider myself a power user, but I am getting nowhere near the battery life of my iPhone 6 Plus. I'm getting about 4 hours of SOT in the past few days, where the iPhone got over 6 hours constantly. It doesn't help that I've heard that the potential for this battery is much higher than my results. I dont do much either, mostly just basic social media, Spotify, YouTube, and Netflix. During a normal 8 hour school day the phone usually goes down to about 50's and 60's. Today for instance I had 15 hours of usage and 2 hours of SOY. Not horrendous, but certainly nowhere near some peoole' s phones in this thread. If it helps at all I have disabled AOD, found no "power hungry" apps that were hogging the battery and have a Verizon module that was manufactured in Korea on September 10th. I love the phone but for it to he perfect it would just need that better battery life, and of course the whole exploding thing to not exist

Is your GPS off? That uses a lot of juice.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
How do you know you got 6 hours of SOT? iPhone didn't have a way to measure that.

I loved my iphone 6s+ when I had it but I never knew what I got for SOT.

I'm getting 4.5-6.5 on my Note 7 and my usage on this device and patterns are what I did with iPhone.

I think one of the reasons people focus on battery on the Note 7 is precisely because Note 7 let's you look at everything going on with battery when iPhone doesn't go that deep, just showing you broad general use.

I would unplug my iphone at 530am and at 7pm had 10-15% left.

I unplug my Note 7 at 530 and at 7 I am down to 5-10%. Since I take notes on my Note 7 I find I'm using it more which can explain that as well.

Good news though. When I do get lower than I like a 10min quick charge adds 15% if needed. That is a far cry from the 3% I might get from iPhone if needed.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site

Iphone and samsung both have different screens. Where iphone has lcd and samsung has 2k amoled screen...there are people who get more than 6 hrs sot...i on samsung s7 edge have touched max of 7 hrs sot...
Few setting of putting nfc off and in wifi go to setting and switch of searching in the background...
Keep screen brightness to auto...

Nicolas Z

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
How do you know you got 6 hours of SOT? iPhone didn't have a way to measure that.

I loved my iphone 6s+ when I had it but I never knew what I got for SOT.

I'm getting 4.5-6.5 on my Note 7 and my usage on this device and patterns are what I did with iPhone.

I think one of the reasons people focus on battery on the Note 7 is precisely because Note 7 let's you look at everything going on with battery when iPhone doesn't go that deep, just showing you broad general use.

I would unplug my iphone at 530am and at 7pm had 10-15% left.

I unplug my Note 7 at 530 and at 7 I am down to 5-10%. Since I take notes on my Note 7 I find I'm using it more which can explain that as well.

Good news though. When I do get lower than I like a 10min quick charge adds 15% if needed. That is a far cry from the 3% I might get from iPhone if needed.
I've always figured that Usage was SOT, unlike Android where it shows the time off the charger.

I've done practically everything imaginable to increase the battery, including the suggestions in this thread.

Stealthieone

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm kinda baffled by this battery performance.. One time I got 6.5 hrs of SOT and then it's 5 hrs and now it's like 4:45...so I'm not sure why I went from great to a little bit below average. Any suggestions... I'll post a couple screens. 3820.jpgView attachment 241805

Is that screen wake time a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis