Note 7 - Battery Life (Replacement Devices)

Status
Not open for further replies.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
re: Battery Life has been phenomenal with the new Replacement Note 7 's

Mine is not good at all. I am disappointed. If it continues this way I will have to have this one replaced as well, though I do not like the idea of customizing another phone.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: Battery Life has been phenomenal with the new Replacement Note 7 's

It's amazing, actually better than my loaner S7 edge now....

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

Mine has been crazy good. I got from 6 this morning until 7 tonight with pretty heavy usage, wifi in and still had 30% left. When I checked on battery usage it said I had screen usage of 6.5 hours.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

3500mah is 3500mah. Unless Samsung performed some undercover OS optimization, the battery life is the same.

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

This is true but on my last one, I got maybe 4 hours of screen time before I had to change. Maybe the did do something on that update I got. I'm on tmo

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site

3500mah is 3500mah. Unless Samsung performed some undercover OS optimization, the battery life is the same.
Software optimizations can enhance battery life and that's what they did.....

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

The battery life is definitely better now than the old note 7. Most likely the software optimization.

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Mine has been crazy good. I got from 6 this morning until 7 tonight with pretty heavy usage, wifi in and still had 30% left. When I checked on battery usage it said I had screen usage of 6.5 hours.
Same here, I believe that with the update, they did optimize the battery usage.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Battery Life has been phenomenal with the new Replacement Note 7 's

Seems that is what might have happened..... Then again, T-Mobile apparently was the only one that got the update with the performance and feature updates. That update was several hundred megs. The update other carriers got that gave the green gauge, capped the charge at 60% and locked the device down to avoid rooting to alter these two things. That update was about 80 megs.

It could be more systemic and the production issue may have created a capacitance issue with batteries that was subtle enough to impact battery life, and not exhibit the heat and bad charging.

James Pettengill

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site

Battery life on new one is a lot better than the previous so called defective phone. I can go a whole day on one charge with heavy usage now. Also the update was around 460mb and I'm on AT&T. It wasn't no small update. Took white a while to download and update.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Battery Life has been phenomenal with the new Replacement Note 7 's

Battery life on new one is a lot better than the previous so called defective phone. I can go a whole day on one charge with heavy usage now. Also the update was around 460mb and I'm on AT&T. It wasn't no small update. Took white a while to download and update.

The Verizon one seemed a lot smaller (downloaded quickly when got replacement N7). That is not good if carriers got the update and Tmo is the only carrier allowing the features in it. Example being the resolution option in display settings.

That would be very lame.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

I think it's the new green battery as it's more environmentally friendly so it must use less power.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

Mine also charges faster than before and feels lighter having held both old and new, maybe because of a different battery.

bmonday

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site

Or, unless the defect in the original batteries manifested itself in other ways besides simply bursting into flames...?

anon(522296)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

Or, unless the defect in the original batteries manifested itself in other ways besides simply bursting into flames...?

No doubt the new cells are better, I'm going to say they went really high quality with the actual battery cells because they couldn't take ANY chances wrecking the Note brand further

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Was noticing the same thing after posting on a tab s2 thread.

Replacement note7 has wayyy bettery life then the recalled one. Before i would charge at 7am to 100% and be in the 60s by around 10a. Not yesterday around 1050a i was at 80 charged it a bit for about 8min in the car (see the spikes) and now its the next day and im at 56%
3f70bc8756ef3357ab1eed6991afb446.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci