I just exchange my Note 7 to a new supposedly safe note 7 but it dose not have green battery indicator, it is stil safe?
    09-23-2016 11:48 PM
    I highly recommend you contact Samsung directly and find out from the horses mouth. The green icon is supposedly the safe device, however if there are some with green and others that are not green, and both are supposed to be safe, then this is another BIG PROBLEM.

Samsung also needs to know if any carrier or business is passing out non-green icon devices so they can correct them.

I would return the device again and tell them you want one that has the green icon.

EDIT... Just remembered that the green icon may come in the form of an update. You should contact your carrier.
    09-24-2016 04:47 AM
    I just exchange my Note 7 to a new supposedly safe note 7 but it dose not have green battery indicator, it is stil safe?
    Welcome to Android Central!

Did your phone ever update to show the new icon?
    09-28-2016 07:50 AM
    Regardless of your battery icon color, if you have any doubt, Just check your IMEI with Samsung.
    Galaxy Note7 Safety Recall and Exchange Program

Cheers,
    BR
    Serkle K and dsignori like this.
    09-28-2016 08:25 AM
    I highly recommend you contact Samsung directly and find out from the horses mouth. The green icon is supposedly the safe device, however if there are some with green and others that are not green, and both are supposed to be safe, then this is another BIG PROBLEM.

Samsung also needs to know if any carrier or business is passing out non-green icon devices so they can correct them.

I would return the device again and tell them you want one that has the green icon.

EDIT... Just remembered that the green icon may come in the form of an update. You should contact your carrier.
    Yes, absolutely. If there has been a mistake, you do not want to risk having a phone exploding on you...
    09-28-2016 08:36 AM
    Install the latest updates and then restart the phone
    09-28-2016 08:58 AM
    I would go plug your IMEI into the Samsung Site to ensure it is a fixed unit versus one that is needing a replacement.
    09-28-2016 09:02 AM
    As others have mentioned, I would check your IMEI against the database via the Samsung Website.

Also, contacts you carrier and make sure their records show your new device and they have the proper IMEI in their system.

I had a similar issue when I had to exchange my original replacement device because of a hardware issue. My second (current) replacement hadn't received the update after 48 hours. I contacted my carrier, their tech support called me back a couple days later, and in the process of verifying everything, they saw that the IMEI on file was still for the original replacement, and since it didn't see any new IMEI info, it didn't get pushed to my new device.
    09-28-2016 09:14 AM