10-04-2016 10:45 AM
36 12
tools
    So I am wondering if anyone has traveled with their replacement new note 7 yet ? If so did you use it on the plane ? Any issues with flight attendant or passengers?
    09-24-2016 01:00 PM
    I traveled with mine. I didn't advertise I had a replacement Note. I have an S- view case covering both sides, and didn't use my stylus.
    Bbarbie likes this.
    09-24-2016 01:14 PM
    I traveled with my exploding note 7. Nobody gave it a second look. They're flight attendants, not the FBI.
    09-24-2016 01:20 PM
    I was just on a Southwest flight. They did the regular announcement of putting your phone into airplane mode. And then an announcement that all Galaxy phones must be powered off for the duration of the flight.
    Bbarbie and recDNA like this.
    09-24-2016 01:32 PM
    I was just on a Southwest flight. They did the regular announcement of putting your phone into airplane mode. And then an announcement that all Galaxy phones must be powered off for the duration of the flight.
    They announced that ALL GALAXY phones must be powered off? Damned glad I don't fly Southwest. I flew American and Alaska recently and they specifically announced that due to the recall GALAXY NOTE 7's must be powered off and not connected to aircraft power.
    09-24-2016 01:50 PM
    I really doubt the attendants know the difference between a note 7 or a moto rarz LOL.
    jerrykur likes this.
    09-24-2016 02:30 PM
    I just flew Southwest and not a single announcement about the phone and nobody said anything to me.
    09-24-2016 02:34 PM
    Considering an iPhone really did catch fire on a plane and no Note 7 has and the big media stories falling apart, I find this all ironic. No iPhone drama and Gizmodo did not try to pimp a story to the FAA like they did with Jeep Guy.
    Bbarbie, shaleem and SpookDroid like this.
    09-24-2016 03:51 PM
    Did you power it down or used it while in flight? I plan to use mine on the flight.
    09-24-2016 03:51 PM
    Haha true. I hope my note 7 doesn't stand out as there aren't many blue phones out there.
    09-24-2016 03:53 PM
    I just flew Southwest and not a single announcement about the phone and nobody said anything to me.
    My flight was today from the SF Bay Area to LA area. It was part of the general announcement over the PA they do before take off. I thought it was strange the guy said "galaxy phone". He did not mention "Samsung".
    09-24-2016 07:42 PM
    Did you power it down or used it while in flight? I plan to use mine on the flight.
    I used it. Multiple flight attendants saw me and talked to me and nobody said anything.
    Bbarbie likes this.
    09-24-2016 08:34 PM
    Had a flight this morning and the guy beside me had a new Note7. No mention of Samsung phones though. American Airlines
    09-24-2016 09:11 PM
    I find it crazy you guys would risk the penalty for failing to comply with the order of a flight crew which is a federal offense. Then again, those that used the recalled units even after being told not to risked killing everyone on aboard and did not care. Hate to say it, maybe they need to go back to no phones in flight
    recDNA likes this.
    09-24-2016 10:03 PM
    I find it crazy you guys would risk the penalty for failing to comply with the order of a flight crew which is a federal offense. Then again, those that used the recalled units even after being told not to risked killing everyone on aboard and did not care. Hate to say it, maybe they need to go back to no phones in flight
    Well, the restrictions don't extend to the new Note 7s.
    athenatp likes this.
    09-24-2016 10:06 PM
    It's probably the same like when they tell you to switch your phone to airplane mode before takeoff. No one will really go and check if you really do it.
    09-24-2016 10:22 PM
    When it comes to the explosive old note 7 i fully agree its a risk. I am referring to the new one which is government approved now. For the flight crew the only way to tell is by your box if you bring it and green battery icon.
    09-25-2016 09:51 AM
    Just saw this on FAA site, does that mean the new devices can stay on during the flight?

Messages on the top of this page...
    Pack Safe
    edubb256 and dsignori like this.
    09-26-2016 04:27 PM
    Just saw this on FAA site, does that mean the new devices can stay on during the flight?

Messages on the top of this page...
    Pack Safe
    Thanks Fong! That is good news. The FAA has officially cleared the green battery Note7s. From the FAA website:

"In light of recent incidents and concerns raised by Samsung about its recalled Galaxy Note 7 devices, the Federal Aviation Administration strongly advises passengers not to turn on or charge the recalled devices on board aircraft and not to stow them in any checked baggage. This does not apply to non-recalled Samsung Galaxy Note 7 devices purchased September 15th, 2016, or later. The non-recalled devices have a green battery charge indicator on their screen."
    lv2bsilly and Bbarbie like this.
    09-26-2016 05:08 PM
    I took mine over the Sam's Club the other day and ran into zero problems.
    Wiley_11 likes this.
    09-26-2016 05:49 PM
    Well, the restrictions don't extend to the new Note 7s.

Actually... no official FAA announcement, so yeah, at least as of right now, ALL Note 7s are included in the 'ban'.

Nevermind. Just saw the FAA update haha. Well, travel away with your green battery icon, then!
    Bbarbie likes this.
    09-29-2016 12:34 PM
    My flight was today from the SF Bay Area to LA area. It was part of the general announcement over the PA they do before take off. I thought it was strange the guy said "galaxy phone". He did not mention "Samsung".
    That's actually excellent news to a Samsung exec and their marketing department. Their branding is showing effectiveness.
    09-29-2016 12:41 PM
    Ok great so i can use my note 7 with green battery guilt free on plane. I will take mt box and receipt also just in case.
    Should I use anker portable charger with my original Samsung charging cord to charge while on a 6 hour flight?
    09-29-2016 01:06 PM
    Ok great so i can use my note 7 with green battery guilt free on plane. I will take mt box and receipt also just in case.
    Should I use anker portable charger with my original Samsung charging cord to charge while on a 6 hour flight?
    Just remember, Airlines can still ban the use of the phone if they want to. The FAA cleared the 'green battery' ones, BUT airlines can still choose to take the 'safer' route and avoid training crew to distinguish recalled units from 'safe' ones and keep banning the phones until the recall is ended.
    09-29-2016 02:58 PM
    Use it on United going to L.A then back to Houston. No issues what so ever. Was in a case so maybe no one noticed. Had a pretty nice time with it in Vegas too at the pool. Saw about 3 other people with their note's(all I'm blue). Made me smile on the inside. Felt like I belonged 😁
    SpookDroid and delynnie like this.
    09-30-2016 11:45 AM
36 12