Best Way To Back Up for Replacement

komobu

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
So I got the call today that Sams Club has my replacement Note 7. But I must must surrender my old Note 7 to get the new one. What is the best way to back up my old note 7? I want to make sure I have every text message, every contact, every note etc etc. Since they will have my old phone, there is no going back to get something. The old palm pilots had the back up thing to a science. Just hit restore and everything was exactly as it was. With android, it seems like every app has to be reconfigured. What are you using to back up?

Any advice would be appreciated.

granblanco

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I have used both Google Backup and Samsung Smart Switch (both cabled and wireless). Going from Note to Note, Smart Switch is much better (cabled or wireless). SS captured texts (prob depends on app you use-- I use Google Messenger), Contacts (even preserving merged), homescreens including widgets, multimedia files but lost saved wifi and Bluetooth connections. Google will not save homescreens but will restore wifi/Bluetooth associations.

granblanco

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
If you are going to use SS, make sure to disable Google Backup on the original, so it doesn't automatically restore and overwrite on the new phone.