Fingerprint lock always asks for PIN

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I GOT IT FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The solution is that you have to allow the phone to time out as opposed to actually turning it off. The new beta version of Nova has an option for this

1. Sign up for Nova beta by (if I remember correct) click on Nova Prime, click the 3 dots in the upper right corner and select sign up for beta.
2. Follow the directions to sign up for the beta testing
3. Go to the app in the play store and update it.
4. Back in Nova settings, at the bottom click on advanced and then Screen Lock Method and select Timeout.

Fixed

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Sorry... What does switching it to timeout accomplish? Which btw I can't see that option.

Right. That's why I listed the steps. Setting to screen timeout is the same as letting the screen time out to the normal 30 or 60 seconds you have it set to where ur doesn't lock the phone in a way you need the pin for. But it does it in a few seconds instead of 30. You need to sign up for Nova Beta before you can see that option. Figured this all out from the last 2 pages of that Thread I posted the link to.

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I appreciate the help. I'm on 5.0 beta. Which it's telling me it up to date, and I've updated all I can. Still not seeing the setting. I've been on beta for awhile. Getting excited for a fix lol.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm on 5 beta 4

All the way at the bottom under advanced features there is the choice of lock method. Click on that. I'd post a picture of it but can't figure out how to do it from my phone

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
da8820afddc7a24bd24ee7e9362fa706.jpg

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if this would make a difference or not but under the double tap gesture I set it to the Nova screen off instead of to the app that I was using

Last edited: