Fingerprint lock always asks for PIN

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I set it up to unlock with the fingerprint, but the majority of the time it seems to ask me for my PIN and doesn't let me use my finger. Any idea why that might be or what setting I have set wrong?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I also tried to set up the smart lock where it doesn't lock in places you've deemed safe, like at home. And it gave me a popup notification that it was on, but then still asks for a PIN. I think it seems to happen if the phone has been locked for a little while. 10 minutes maybe.

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately it does matter. I loved turning my phone off with a double tap using an app and nova gestures, but if you do this, because of an android security feature, you will have to enter pin to unlock. Only if you use a secured unlock method as opposed to just swipe to unlock.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately it does matter. I loved turning my phone off with a double tap using an app and nova gestures, but if you do this, because of an android security feature, you will have to enter pin to unlock. Only if you use a secured unlock method as opposed to just swipe to unlock.

Yea, that's how I have mine set up. Double tap with nova pointing to an app. So what method will allow the fingerprint to unlock it them? Turn if off with the power button? That's frustrating.

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Yea, that's how I have mine set up. Double tap with nova pointing to an app. So what method will allow the fingerprint to unlock it them? Turn if off with the power button? That's frustrating.

Yep lol. Believe me, I was frustrated too. I believe this started with lollipop. Haven't found a workaround myself.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Yep lol. Believe me, I was frustrated too. I believe this started with lollipop. Haven't found a workaround myself.

I thought that double tap to off was the greatest thing when I briefly has an LG. I see now that if I turn it off with the power button the fingerprint works as well as if I just let the screen time out. I wonder if there is something the developer for the screen off app can do to change it. I'll shoot him a message and see. Which one are you using? I'm using this one: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=com.katecca.screenofflock&token=JVrTP-WC

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I sent a message. I saw that other people had commented on it in the review section for the app. I'm not getting my hopes up for a response even.

larry1014

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I thought that double tap to off was the greatest thing when I briefly has an LG. I see now that if I turn it off with the power button the fingerprint works as well as if I just let the screen time out. I wonder if there is something the developer for the screen off app can do to change it. I'll shoot him a message and see. Which one are you using? I'm using this one: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=com.katecca.screenofflock&token=sCEsvi4Y

I use an App called screen off and configured with nova launcher to turn off screen with a 2 finger swipe down. My fingerprint works fine.
edit: I just saw where you are using the same app. Strange.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=com.katecca.screenofflock&token=sCEsvi4Y

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I also tried to set up the smart lock where it doesn't lock in places you've deemed safe, like at home. And it gave me a popup notification that it was on, but then still asks for a PIN. I think it seems to happen if the phone has been locked for a little while. 10 minutes maybe.

I believe it's suppose to be 4 hours after no use and smart lock locks up and asks for a pin again.