I have a V10 now with Verizon. Absolutely loved the phone until the android update. After that... The battery life is pure garbage. After a few calls they sent me a replacement phone. Same thing... Battery life horrible. Now I'm having dropped calls and calls breaking up.

So my fiance gets a discount from AT&T where she works and we are going to switch. I was going to go with the note 7. It looks amazing. Anybody have any advice or input about making the switch or even another phone worth looking into?

Thank you.
    09-24-2016 10:20 PM
    Are you sticking with Android? If so, Note 7 is the way to go but I do not think they will go on sale until next week or the following for AT&T. The phone is the best out there IMO. There are many other phones out there coming out, such as the V20 and Google Pixel but I do not think any of those are competition to the Note 7. There is also iOS iPhone 7 if you are into the Apple ecosystem.
    Joeykool likes this.
    09-24-2016 10:40 PM
    I never had an apple phone. They kinda scare me. I anyways had android. Do you think the iPhone is better than the N7? I like the drag and drop features etc. With android. Any pros and Cons you could offer? Thank you
    09-24-2016 11:09 PM
    Note 7 > iPhone 7/7Plus anyday. But it is preference. If you go Apple route, you are losing a lot of customization features and a lot of freedom. Plus I cannot believe iPhones still do not have fast charge/wireless and still stuck with the boring LCD screen. I am not an iPhone hater as I used to have one. They just are not for me.
    09-24-2016 11:16 PM
    I have had mostly iPhones but I seriously don't miss it for the things I have discovered with my new Note 7 I can do more customization then ever could happen with iPhone, all iPhones look like they are stamped out of the same mold but just a size up or down. Still need to figure out the S-Pen but I am looking ahead not behind. A guy in my office is convinced I will go back to Apple - I said if I wanted another run of the mill iPhone I wouldn't have been at my AT&T Store at 9:00 on the day of pre-order for the Note
    09-24-2016 11:19 PM
    I had the V10. The 2nd screen was gimmicky and didn't really provide a lot of extra functionality for the phone. The battery life was dismal ( I agree with you). The IPS display was terrible compared to Samsung's AMOLED. I did like how solid it felt with the brushed stainless steel frame, but the back cover was still a piece of flimsy plastic. In my opinion I think you'd like the Note 7 over the V10.
    09-24-2016 11:31 PM
    Thank you everyone. No iPhone for me. I love tech. Going to go with the note 7. Thank you so much for the info.
    09-24-2016 11:38 PM
    Thank you everyone. No iPhone for me. I love tech. Going to go with the note 7. Thank you so much for the info.
    You've made the right choice the note 7 is a beast . I find it crazy that here on AC that's folks would try to point you in the direction of a iPhone when there's plenty of good Android options. Get the note you won't be disappointed
    09-25-2016 04:09 PM
    You've made the right choice the note 7 is a beast . I find it crazy that here on AC that's folks would try to point you in the direction of a iPhone when there's plenty of good Android options. Get the note you won't be disappointed
    Thank you... I will. The only thing that scares me is the glass back and curved glass screen protector issues. I'll probably just go with a cheap matte plastic that just covers the top and not the curves.
    09-25-2016 04:58 PM
    I never had an apple phone. They kinda scare me. I anyways had android. Do you think the iPhone is better than the N7? I like the drag and drop features etc. With android. Any pros and Cons you could offer? Thank you
    Better depends on what it is you're looking for in a phone. Specs wise N7 is better than iPhone. If you're a gamer then iPhone is better than the N7.
    If you want stability and support iPhone is better other wise the N7 is the best speced phone out there (and it looks nice too).

I had a N7 and I have a IP7 and I hated it when they told us to turn the N7 in. Then I had to think about the resale value and it's just not there (at least I don't think it will be there), so the safe money for me was to give the iPhone a shot. Worst case I'll get $600 if I decided to sell it next year, so it would have only cost me $300.
    09-25-2016 05:57 PM
    Not sure on the gamer part, since you can add a lot of great emulators that can't on the iPhone. If just talking non emulators, maybe.

Then again, no respectable gamer does not play Brutal Doom Can't play that on an iPhone. Need Doom Touch from Amazon store, Brutal mod and Doom wads.
    Joeykool likes this.
    09-25-2016 06:07 PM