Went back to the Note 7

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Could not be happier!
Likewise !! For a week or two I was ready to move on and waiting on the LG V20 but I'm very happy I got another Note yay
eac2746d60e128d2ad64aba943cb84f8.gif

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I went and swapped out my Note 7 about after a week of the Recall. Went and got a S7E. Was past my return period period and my carrier in Canada made an exception for me to go back to the Note 7. Had to have it again. Amazing phone

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I went and swapped out my Note 7 about after a week of the Recall. Went and got a S7E. Was past my return period period and my carrier in Canada made an exception for me to go back to the Note 7. Had to have it again. Amazing phone

I have an s7edge that i bought back in July, and used it for a week between note7 1 and 2.

The s7edge is an awesome phone, but it still isn't a Note! Using it for a week reminded me why i roll my eyes when people say the note7 is just an s7edge w an s pen..

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I have an s7edge that i bought back in July, and used it for a week between note7 1 and 2.

The s7edge is an awesome phone, but it still isn't a Note! Using it for a week reminded me why i roll my eyes when people say the note7 is just an s7edge w an s pen..
Yeah I really liked the S7E. Did miss the spen, Grace UX, iris scanner and a few others. Also the fact that I had a phone that had been out like 6 months. Didn't feel fresh and very happy my carrier made the exception

PRGDR

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site

I couldn't agree more. The S-line phones are great machines, but the Notes are just better.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm still contemplating whether or not to go back to Note 7 because this freaking wait for the 7+ is just ridiculous.

Note 7 rocks. Better camera, similar battery life in FHD mode, bigger and better display, smaller size and as a bonus- has a headphone jack :)

Oh, and the pen.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm still contemplating whether or not to go back to Note 7 because this freaking wait for the 7+ is just ridiculous.

Have you had an opportunity to try out the iPhone 7 Plus? I tried it at both Best Buy and T-Mobile. Super, super quick. But other than that, it's the same old same old. No customization, everything takes 5 steps that you can do in 2 steps on an Android. The screen still doesn't come close.

The camera has caught up, but early reviews are showing poorer battery life than the 6S Plus, and charging from 18% to 70% still takes 2 to 3 hours.

Bottom line is that if you haven't loved iPhones before, this one won't change that.

Idelgado782

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Did you try pre-ordering the 7+? I ended up with the Note 7 again but my girlfriend is an iOS fan girl and ordered the 7+ on the 16th and we got an email it was ready for pickup on the 22nd. We ordered it from Best Buy. She got the rose gold 128gb on AT&T. I also pre-ordered my note 7 on the 16th along with her and I got my email on the 19th for pickup. We were expecting for her iPhone to take 2-3 weeks.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I went to the S7E as a temp phone until the Note 7 was re-released. The S7E is a terrible phone to be honest. The sides are more of a pain in the the *** then helpful. It's also uncomfortable to hold. My Note 7 will be here on Monday, Cant. Wait to get that back.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I went to the S7E as a temp phone until the Note 7 was re-released. The S7E is a terrible phone to be honest. The sides are more of a pain in the the *** then helpful. It's also uncomfortable to hold. My Note 7 will be here on Monday, Cant. Wait to get that back.

Long time no see! I was going to go back to a S7E as my loaner phone but the tiny little corporate store only had S7's and offered me a 6S+ instead. I don't miss the super pronounced edges on the S7E. Even with tiny hands I kept bumping the edges. I'm hoping they bring the more subdued edges of the N7 to the S8.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Long time no see! I was going to go back to a S7E as my loaner phone but the tiny little corporate store only had S7's and offered me a 6S+ instead. I don't miss the super pronounced edges on the S7E. Even with tiny hands I kept bumping the edges. I'm hoping they bring the more subdued edges of the N7 to the S8.
That would be a really nice design for the S8.

AhemThisGuy

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Did you try pre-ordering the 7+? I ended up with the Note 7 again but my girlfriend is an iOS fan girl and ordered the 7+ on the 16th and we got an email it was ready for pickup on the 22nd. We ordered it from Best Buy. She got the rose gold 128gb on AT&T. I also pre-ordered my note 7 on the 16th along with her and I got my email on the 19th for pickup. We were expecting for her iPhone to take 2-3 weeks.

Yeah I preordered the iPhone 7+ Jet Black right when they started taking preorders at 2am. But still this day my order is still being processed. I had the Note 7 then I returned it because of the recall. I'm currently using an IPhone 6+. This wait is making me reconsider my options.

robonik

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Because I am self-employed in the wholesale grocery business and use the stylus every day, throughout the entire day, (to write orders, merchandise being offered to me for sale, etc) I have to have a stylus. But either way, I was so hooked on the Note 7 before the recall that there is no way I was not going to get another Note 7. I have been using smart phones for over 6 years now and have tried a dozen different phones. There is no question in my mind that the Note 7 is the best smart phone ever built - period.

I just received my replacement Note 7 five days ago and I am completely satisfied. Beyond satisfied. What a pleasure to use. I was only without a phone for a week before Tmobile had my replacement ready. During the interim I simply switched the sim card back into my Note 5 which I have decided to keep for emergencies since the trade in value is so low.

jettie1767

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I went back to the Note 7 on Thursday. Had exchanged my original Note 7 for the S7E so was using that for about 2 weeks. It was a nice phone but the curved edges on the S7E always launches apps accidentally with my hand. This never happened on my Note 7 so I decided to swap back to the Note 7 when it became available.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Have you had an opportunity to try out the iPhone 7 Plus? I tried it at both Best Buy and T-Mobile. Super, super quick. But other than that, it's the same old same old. No customization, everything takes 5 steps that you can do in 2 steps on an Android. The screen still doesn't come close.

The camera has caught up, but early reviews are showing poorer battery life than the 6S Plus, and charging from 18% to 70% still takes 2 to 3 hours.

Bottom line is that if you haven't loved iPhones before, this one won't change that.

Change the Note 7 to FHD, unbling it like the iPhone is and watch it fly too ;) Even my IT bud at work who has the iPhone 7 admits the Note 7 still looks better in the same FHD res.

There is a reason Apple stays with FHD with phones. Less robust GPU is needed and much better battery life and speed. iPads get the higher res and more robust GPU, since bigger battery to cover for it.

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
This battery life in getting out of my new replaced note7 is phenomenal. Came home from work with 80% left. That's insane. That update really did something. Much faster as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21