Note 7 Replacement and Square Trade?

komobu

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
When I bought my Note 7 at SamsClub, I also bought a two year Square Trade Plan. Any idea if the Square Trade Plan will transfer to the new replacement Note 7?

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
You have to call them and they will send an email, you then reply with the new number and the receipt and they change the information. This is how I did it, the number is 1-877-927-7268 (1-877-WARRANTY). Took them a day to update it but it's all good now.

When I check My Plan in the SquareTrade app the only information that has changed is the IMEI number, the dates and coverage all remained.

komobu

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
You have to call them and they will send an email, you then reply with the new number and the receipt and they change the information. This is how I did it, the number is 1-877-927-7268 (1-877-WARRANTY). Took them a day to update it but it's all good now.

When I check My Plan in the SquareTrade app the only information that has changed is the IMEI number, the dates and coverage all remained.

Thanks Dave....That is great info and really helpful. I haven't seen that issue posted here before and I am wondering how many will think to move their square trade plan to their new note. Most will probably think it is automatic.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I would guess you're right, and maybe with a little arguing they would honor the new phone since this entire ordeal has never happened before, but I contacted them before I swapped mine and this is what they told me to do. I hope other SquareTraders see your post and give them a call, it's the only way to change the number, SquareTrade also wants to see the receipt, and it didn't take long.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I used Square Trade's callback service and they called me back and changed the IMEI numbers over the phone.
Guess it depends on who you get to talk to, I was originally told that I could call and change it over the phone, but the guy I got was a ****, so I went ahead and did what he wanted.
It's done with so I'm glad.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I ended up just cancelling mine for a full refund once the power off your note emails went out. I didn't want to have a plan I couldn't use and didn't know how long it would take to get replacements in. But another user told me he did the same as you guys. Just got ST the new IMEI number and they transferred his existing plan. Now that I've got my replacement device I need to resign up. I almost forgot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdvdbone88