new note 7 extremely overheating!

anon(10029905)

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
I got my new replacement Two days ago and I have noticed that the note 7 is getting extremely hot while charging...anyone else with the same problem?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Did the store double check and ensure it was indeed one of the remade ones, not an original problem one

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I got my new replacement Two days ago and I have noticed that the note 7 is getting extremely hot while charging...anyone else with the same problem?
28af8fcb37582180e7b06ab1f80a8253.jpg

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Did your box have the black box and the V2 notation
I bet he didn't even have the actual V2 device........my device will barely heat up unless I force the issue or do heavy gaming and it never heats up while charging....thanks Amy for posting the pic before I did.....

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
If it's actually getting extremely hot, your device might be defective.....even with replacements...there will always be some devices that just are defective

JessiLulu

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Mine does, too. Also gets hot when I have several apps open. I do have a green battery icon and V2 box. Trying to decide if I should check into another replacement.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Mine gets warm, not quite hot when I charge it on the wireless charger but I just realized it doesn't get anywhere near as warm if I just plug it in. The wireless charger gets really hot so maybe it is just because of that. Think I will use the wireless less.

xsikal

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
During the first day (including setup), mine was very warm, even with starting fresh. Even the glass front was warm to the touch. Since then, it only rarely gets warm--and even that is just the back--even during wireless charging.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Mine was pretty warm when initially setting up but after that it's been fine. Occasionally the charge cord end or wall adapter gets warm, but the phone hasn't been.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
How hot was it?

Was it "pretty warm but not to the point where it's uncomfortable", or "OMG, it's so hot! I can't hold it for more than a few seconds!"?

If it's the former, that may be normal during setup, as that's when the phone is pushing its resources hard to install new apps and also syncing data. If it's the latter, a defect may have slipped through the cracks. Return it.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
How hot was it?

Was it "pretty warm but not to the point where it's uncomfortable", or "OMG, it's so hot! I can't hold it for more than a few seconds!"?

If it's the former, that may be normal during setup, as that's when the phone is pushing its resources hard to install new apps and also syncing data. If it's the latter, a defect may have slipped through the cracks. Return it.
Well it was warm but not to an alarming rate