09-29-2016 05:03 PM
92 ... 234
tools
    Many sites reporting this right now. Also a few days ago a replacement device caught fire while charging. Seems like the problem might be more than the battery alone.

Samsung's new 'safe' Galaxy Note 7 phones are overheating and exploding, say customers
    09-29-2016 09:41 AM
    No problems on my original Note 7 or the replacement.

99.9% of these stories are complete BS.
    Jewels81, Bbarbie and jimd1050 like this.
    09-29-2016 09:53 AM
    Sigh ... they get an easy story to run with an keep going. Seeing how the tech media is just perpetuating stories that have been proven false or inaccurate is disturbing and frustrating. I'm not saying that they didn't have some issue but its being blown out of proportion. It is shameful when I know more than whats being reported to the masses. They repeat that story of the Jeep catching on fire ad nauseam and the kid in NYC, both stories were reported inaccurately and never corrected. Meanwhile a google search shows that there have been fires with other phones, including an iphone 6 on an airplane!

My replacement Note 7 is working fine without any problems.
    09-29-2016 10:06 AM
    I have had no issues with my Original Note 7 or my replacement.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-29-2016 10:39 AM
    There is already an existing thread discussing this story http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...des-china.html
    09-29-2016 11:22 AM
    Had an issue with my day old replacement. Last night, I paced it on my Tylt Qi charging stand. The same one I've used with many Samsung phones in the past, including the "dangerous" Note 7 preceding the replacement.

Placed on charger at 6% (11pm). Woke up at 7am (8 hrs later) and the phone was only at 47%....it really took 8 hours to only pump 41% into the battery? Ok.

Now I know charging overall seems to have been slowing down, but really with this? Again, it's not the charger...it's worked just fine with every other phone.
    09-29-2016 11:41 AM
    It's obvious there's some replacement phones with issues. Take them back and exchange them.
    What bugs me about these stories is that there are probably a lot of phones that catch fire each year for whatever reason. Except, those people just called the insurance company to put in a claim for a new one. Now, people call the news agencies instead. I wonder if any insurance companies have numbers about how many phones are replaced due to each issue.
    09-29-2016 11:59 AM
    The only issue I've seen yet was this morning while driving to work. I had a stretch of time where it had 3-4bars but zero network connection. I restarted the phone and 4G popped right up.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-29-2016 12:02 PM
    yah felt like something w/ off w/ the CPUZ therm page numbers.
    09-29-2016 12:35 PM
    Wow, mine was reporting 30F-40F high. Nice tip!
    09-29-2016 01:12 PM
    I don't know why the thermal screen displays that much higher but from the battery being the main culprit on the note 7 initial massive recall, I'd be more concerned with monitoring the battery tab and the physical feel of the phone (ouch hot vs a little warm)
    Thermal screen is cpu Temps. Which should be higher than battery temp. I have seen cpu Temps in the 90s degrees centigrade, at which point the phone will restart.

Cpu z has been inaccurate on the Fahrenheit scale for some time m
    09-29-2016 02:23 PM
    I got the Verizon new fixed phone (Green battery icon).

Just watching some youtube videos on new pipe .. the phone got so warm and you can feel the heat if you hold and even worse place on cheek.. Now I just installed CPU-Z and during idling I am see 130+F.. This seems crazy for an idling phone w/o even doing any games or anything big. I just do browser activties and nothing big.

Attachment 240848
    Mine is up there too just sitting here.
    09-29-2016 02:33 PM
    Coming from a S4-NOTE 3-S5-NOTE 4- S6 Edge +

I feel like this is the most "warm" phone i have ever had. I don't know if its normal or not due to the glass....but whenever i watch youtube(10 +mins) or web browsing a lil bit it does get warm....is that normal.

I am considering getting another one thing its a bad one from the batch.....but i am not impressed with the way it warms up dare i say i might consider getting another phone.

battery always seems to be at like 97-98 according to cpu-z when i am doing the stuff i mentioned is that normal?
    09-29-2016 02:47 PM
    Is this worth getting, or should I wait? I had a contract deal I haggled, but I don't want to upgrade from the Note 4, lose a removable battery and the phone blows up.
    The Phone Company likes this.
    09-29-2016 02:49 PM
    Sigh ... they get an easy story to run with an keep going. Seeing how the tech media is just perpetuating stories that have been proven false or inaccurate is disturbing and frustrating. I'm not saying that they didn't have some issue but its being blown out of proportion. It is shameful when I know more than whats being reported to the masses. They repeat that story of the Jeep catching on fire ad nauseam and the kid in NYC, both stories were reported inaccurately and never corrected. Meanwhile a google search shows that there have been fires with other phones, including an iphone 6 on an airplane!

My replacement Note 7 is working fine without any problems.
    One of the local Boston Stations continues to do it also - last night, the Samsung Exploding Washing Machine joined the story line - seems there's a Samsung washer that is shaking itself violently and coming apart in some instances, but that immediately translates to "Exploding" in this Boston Station's News Director's eyes apparently.

I tweeted them this afternoon "At the rate you keep harping on Samsung, why don't we just get them to go after ISIS - seems you think everything they make explodes!"
    new note 7 extremely overheating!-laugh.jpg
    Bbarbie likes this.
    09-29-2016 03:40 PM
    Is this worth getting, or should I wait? I had a contract deal I haggled, but I don't want to upgrade from the Note 4, lose a removable battery and the phone blows up.
    Bring back Removabe Battery!!
    jerrykur likes this.
    09-29-2016 03:45 PM
    My s6 edge got wicked hot like almost could not touch and it's original charger cord also used to get hot. The note 7 replacement has been fine actually and I'll test with the cpu app.
    09-29-2016 05:03 PM
92 ... 234