Anyone considering returning your replacemnet N7??

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site

robonik

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Short answer to OP's question: Hell no. This is the best phone on the market, best phone ever. Charges faster, runs faster, battery lasts longer. You name it - winner winner chicken dinner.

vonskie

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
I am considering it... The replacement still runs hot at times. Today I was not connected to Wifi, I looked and only one Wifi network was showing up. It kept scanning and that is all it found, there are normally a few and the one I connect to was not there. I rebooted the phone and they all magically appeared and it connected. Anyone else have this problem?

Also when streaming movies over a fast wifi connection such as Google movies it bufferes a lot and ruines the experience, my shield tablet never buffers. Anyone have this problem?

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Keeping mine, at first the replacement had crappy battery but then i did the software update n wow, it's been excellent better than the original ( which was good too).
I had to look for my update after reading these boards, i didnt automatically get it from Tmobile, so please make sure ur phones are updated....if they r updated sorry but u guys probably got lemons. I would return for another one.

Breuklen

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
A friend has had a few problems, mostly just overheating. I'm not sure if she did the software update, but will suggest it to her. The other few friends/acquaintances that opted to stick it out for a replacement N7 have had nothing but praises.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Everything was smooth and battery was good.

I say was as in past tense because just today, it started to drain much faster for some strange reason. I didn't do anything to it.

It was also running hot so I restarted phone and it stopped running hot.

Before I decide what to do I'm going to probably do a FDR and see what happens. If that doesn't solve whatever the issue is I'll probably get Edge and wait until next version.

This does suck though because my original N7 had zero and I mean zero issues at all. Long battery. No lag. Was the perfect device.

Harry Dunn

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I was going to exchange mine back for a S7E but they wouldn't allow me to at Verizon so I guess I'm keeping the note... It is a good phone though but I had a S7E between notes an preferred the size of it better... Guess I shouldn't of exchanged it for the new non explosive note in the first place haha oh well

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm not having great battery life either. Facebook seems to be my culprit. It used 16% screen used 22% and system used 12%

Attachments

• 1337.jpg
    1337.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 139

phillyundead

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I am considering it... The replacement still runs hot at times. Today I was not connected to Wifi, I looked and only one Wifi network was showing up. It kept scanning and that is all it found, there are normally a few and the one I connect to was not there. I rebooted the phone and they all magically appeared and it connected. Anyone else have this problem?

Also when streaming movies over a fast wifi connection such as Google movies it bufferes a lot and ruines the experience, my shield tablet never buffers. Anyone have this problem?
I have that issue with both Wi-Fi and mobile networks. I'm done with this phone. This is just ridiculous at this point. This is the 3rd "lemon" note 7 Samsung has given me. They gave me a phone that could have potentially hurt me and others that I flew accords the country with for God's sake. They went from top tier quality to joke.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I'm keeping mines !! A little more than a week since I've had it and no issues whatsoever.

Sucks it seems as if some folks have had troubles with their replacements which I feel bad for but I'd replace those if I were in their shoes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech