Issue sharing image from gallery

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Wondering if anyone else has this issue. I go into my gallery app and then into one of my folders I've created with images. I tap on the image and then tap share. I select Facebook, the Facebook app loads for about 1 second and then I'm back to looking at the picture in the gallery app. If I open the facebook app the post isn't created where I can just tap the post button. Also if I'm in Facebook and select the photo icon to add an image that way it seems to be about 8 seconds that I can scroll through the images then it just locks up and I can't scroll up or down. It may be a facebook issue but I was wondering if anyone else experiences the same thing when going into the gallery app and trying to share an image to facebook that way.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you share to other apps without problems? If it's only Facebook, try going to the App Manager, select Facebook, and Clear Cache/Clear Data. Then open Facebook again, log back in, and try sharing photos again.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Thank for the response. I tried what you suggested and it didn't fix the issue and yes it is only with the Facebook app. Does it do this to you as well? Go into gallery app, select an image, click on the share link, select facebook and then you will see facebook launch and then close immediately.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm afraid I don't have the Facebook app installed on my daily driver Nexus 6P, since I find the app to be a big memory/battery hog. I do have it installed on my Honor 5X at home, so I'll give it a try there.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm afraid I don't have the Facebook app installed on my daily driver Nexus 6P, since I find the app to be a big memory/battery hog. I do have it installed on my Honor 5X at home, so I'll give it a try there.
Thanks B. Diddy, let me know what you find out.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Update: There were some app updates that needed to be done and after that I powered off my phone and then powered it back on. Not sure which did the trick as there wasn't an update for Facebook but the issue seems to be resolved. Mod can close this thread or delete it.

isaiah32

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
That's a Facebook issue. I've had it 3 different phones now. Only way that I see to "fix" it is to close then reopen Facebook until it happens again.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
That's a Facebook issue. I've had it 3 different phones now. Only way that I see to "fix" it is to close then reopen Facebook until it happens again.

I did try closing all recent apps but that didn't work. It's a pain to add an image to a FB post through FB just because it lumps all pictures together instead of allowing you to see the folders you've created in the Gallery app. It just occurred to me the other day to try and share it through the Gallery app as that's much easier (ya I know, late to the game) and that's when I realized the issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith