Anyone enjoying 3D touch on note 7?

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Well I used it all the time. I'm not concerned with what macrumors says. It's a good feature, whether used or not. Just like all the users that don't use half the stuff their phones can do.

I used it all the time as well. To call people or text, or add a payment in my budget tracking app. There are tons of features once you try it and get used to it.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Disagree completely. I used it everyday several times a day on my 6s Plus. The Note's is attractive, but pointless.

How is it pointless?
Its a more efficient way to interact with apps.
If I had it, I would use it to uninstall apps, wish AT&T had this

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
It's nice to know there's another way to do something, but the shortcuts available today aren't of much use to me the way I'm using my phone. Maybe when developers start writing additional functionality into the feature it will pick up steam.

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
How is it pointless?

I don't need to uninstall apps frequently enough to get much use out of it.

I have had this feature for a while on Nova Launcher and people are right, not a useful enough feature as it is implemented on Android as it is on the iPhone. Using this to bring up a menu to remove icon from home screen, uninstall and whatever really is not a defining feature. I honestly can give with it, or without it. No matter to me.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I have had this feature for a while on Nova Launcher and people are right, not a useful enough feature as it is implemented on Android as it is on the iPhone. Using this to bring up a menu to remove icon from home screen, uninstall and whatever really is not a defining feature. I honestly can give with it, or without it. No matter to me.
Well yeah of course the iPhone one has more functionality, but I wouldn't call it useless... When I had Nova I used it for uninstalling apps

japhule

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
How is it pointless?
There's a quicker way to uninstall apps from the app drawer from TouchWiz. You can choose edit once the app drawer is open and it will then let you quickly uninstall multiple apps.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
iPhone's 3D touch can let you interact and access some individual app's function.

This thing on Note 7 is simply a standard long press menu for the icons, not to interact with the app.

Last edited:

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Is this the same thing in Nova launcher when a menu pops up upon pressing.?

The only option I see different is the Disable feature. Why would you even have an app on your homescreen if you wanted to disable it? If you long press in the app drawer it adds it to your homescreen. So, this particular function seems worthless. I have the rest in Nova.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
There's a quicker way to uninstall apps from the app drawer from TouchWiz. You can choose edit once the app drawer is open and it will then let you quickly uninstall multiple apps.
It's just another option, when I was on Nova I always u installed from the HS

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
iPhone's 3D touch can let you interact and access some individual app's function.

This thing on Note 7 is simply a standard long press menu for the icons, not to interact with the app.
We have the S pen and edge screens for every other possible interaction...something the iPhone will never have ....the note 7 is the true complete smartphone

danielbroadwell5

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
I would imagine all note 7 are capable of 3d touch.. But it's like everything else that Verizon doesn't think you need/ want. I assume Verizon will add the 3d feature but then again i was shocked that the original Verizon note 7 had some settings removed..
A friend of mine says Verizon also removed samsung settings from their s7 that t mobile left intact.
Verizon offers the best signal cross country but they take so many awesome samsung features away. The unlocked verison at Best Buy always has more features then the Verizon model. It sucks. I wish Samsung would take out carriers and push the updates out like Apple. Just one global update to all there products.