Anyone enjoying 3D touch on note 7?

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I love that the tmobile's version of the replacement note 7 with software updates seems to have borrowed from Apples 3D touch
41358e40eb54785c4d8bb54b90bc6842.jpg

pinhunter27

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Is that just for t mobile? I didn't notice that on my Verizon version. Could have been there and I didn't notice it. But I noticed it on my t mobile version and like it.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Is that just for t mobile? I didn't notice that on my Verizon version. Could have been there and I didn't notice it. But I noticed it on my t mobile version and like it.
Not sure but I know everyone with a replacement tmobile device has this feature now.....makes the device seem more advance

jordankreationz

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
That just seems unfair to have that technology released from only one carrier. But lucky you. Just hope the rest of us get it one day. I'm just happy with my new, non explosive blue that I got as a replacement for my explosive black. Got it yesterday and still "moving in" today. I like to start fresh. :)

pinhunter27

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
That just seems unfair to have that technology released from only one carrier. But lucky you. Just hope the rest of us get it one day. I'm just happy with my new, non explosive blue that I got as a replacement for my explosive black. Got it yesterday and still "moving in" today. I like to start fresh. :)

I agree it's not fair, it's why Verizon lost a 12 year Customer to TMOBILE. I'm sure Verizon could care less but tmobile was glad to have me.

pinhunter27

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Don't you need hardware for it?
I would imagine all note 7 are capable of 3d touch.. But it's like everything else that Verizon doesn't think you need/ want. I assume Verizon will add the 3d feature but then again i was shocked that the original Verizon note 7 had some settings removed..
A friend of mine says Verizon also removed samsung settings from their s7 that t mobile left intact.

alwilliam

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
Don't you need hardware for it?

The phone already got the hardware. Obviously it works on the T-Mo variant. Loving it, makes everything easier. Notification drop down changed as well. Now you have the option to block a notification right away. Remember - the Tmo update was like about 400mb, and all other updates from the other carriers were only about 100mb. At least you guys have the neon green icon as a consolation.:D

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Stop rubbing in the features and performance update. There are a lot of Verizon users here and we will rise up! Like me right now, going to get a beer :)

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Certainly not on my Verizon replacement. Odd that they would add that as a new feature already, but just on one carrier

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
It's not quite the same as 3D Touch. This doesn't gauge pressure like it does on newer iPhones. The menus it brings up on the Note aren't very useful imo. I mean it looks really nice, and there's potential there, but you can't really do much from Samsung's implementation just yet.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
It's not quite the same as 3D Touch. This doesn't gauge pressure like it does on newer iPhones. The menus it brings up on the Note aren't very useful imo. I mean it looks really nice, and there's potential there, but you can't really do much from Samsung's implementation just yet.

I agree. I would hardly call it the same as 3D touch...more of like a right click button.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I agree. I would hardly call it the same as 3D touch...more of like a right click button.

It would be really cool if you could preform usable actions the way it is now. I actually think it looks better than Apple's implementation. I like the idea, and I think Samsung is on to something here. Just want it to be more useful. I'm pretty sure this is something that's supposed to be in the new Pixel phones as well.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I had a chat with Samsung yesterday. I wanted to know why only T-mobile got the updated features. The rep told me that Samsung was sending the update to the other carriers soon. I, however believe nothing the reps tell us.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85