Anyone enjoying 3D touch on note 7?

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I agree. I would hardly call it the same as 3D touch...more of like a right click button.
Half of the people with iPhones don't even use 3D touch....the implementation on the note 7 so far is useful enough...it can only get better with time...next year's note 8 may enhance it more...nice first step...thanks updated Grace UX

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Half of the people with iPhones don't even use 3D touch....the implementation on the note 7 so far is useful enough...it can only get better with time...next year's note 8 may enhance it more...nice first step...thanks updated Grace UX

Disagree completely. I used it everyday several times a day on my 6s Plus. The Note's is attractive, but pointless.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
If you check the macrumors forum...most iPhone users don't use it...its a proven fact on that board

Well I used it all the time. I'm not concerned with what macrumors says. It's a good feature, whether used or not. Just like all the users that don't use half the stuff their phones can do.

japhule

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Um yeah.....that's the normal long press menu that's available on most launchers since like forever. If it was a true 3d touch like function, the twitter app would have special twitter commands not just the normal "uninstall", "app info", etc options.

I was asking a colleague of mine about the 3d touch on her 6+. She had no idea it existed until I told her to try it. She was also telling me how she liked that when she swiped through her photos, the photos would move a little bit (live photos). I told her if she pushed down on them she would see the photos moving. She had no idea.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah this won't pick up much steam until all Note 7's have it, if even then.

It also only seems to work with the stock launcher (I have GNL installed and it doesn't work).

1213 1213

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
That's totally not the same thing. Those are all things that your phone does to the app. 3d touch has things that the app has added to your phone, like being able to tweet and stuff. You can't compare that to the stuff all android devices have already like app info or uninstall.

Stealthieone

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Um yeah.....that's the normal long press menu that's available on most launchers since like forever. If it was a true 3d touch like function, the twitter app would have special twitter commands not just the normal "uninstall", "app info", etc options.

I was asking a colleague of mine about the 3d touch on her 6+. She had no idea it existed until I told her to try it. She was also telling me how she liked that when she swiped through her photos, the photos would move a little bit (live photos). I told her if she pushed down on them she would see the photos moving. She had no idea.

Samsung does the same thing with its photos

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
You know, the one thing I really liked on 3D Touch was long-pressing to preview links. That's a seriously useful thing for me.

I honestly didn't start using it much until I'd had it for a long while. Once I got used to it I used it several times a day. With iOS 10 it became even more useful.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

Both my parents got 6SEs recently. They have no idea how Live Photos work. The funny thing is my mom has gotten better ones than I ever did and she didn't even know it existed. Seems like I always focused on trying to get good live photos instead of just taking good shots.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey, long press touch is better than no press touch like on Verizon model. If Verizon Note 7 people were ticked before about having less features, that now expanded widely with this update. We got none of the updates. Like Charlie Brown, all we got was a rock (green gauge).