HELP! I think I got a virus...

freeideasguy

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Every minute or so I get a blank pop up in my screen - sometimes it has an ad inside. I downloaded both kasper virus and Norton and they show the system is clean. Anyone knows what's going on? Not sure hit to remove it! :/

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Chances are you have a app installed doing it. You either pay for it or put up with very intrusive ads.

I had one do it when I set up my new note 7. What I did to find it was long press it and it popped up the app info causing it, if that don't work It's a pain to find which one. In the end specially if it's hard to find, I leave bad feedback for them and then remove the app. I don't mind a few ads in the bottom, but full page ads get intrusive negative review.. Most the time I will buy the app to get rid of the ads and support the developer, but full page ads, the app is gone, I don't support those developers.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Are you certain that "Unknown sources" isn't checked?

If so, it's probably an app with bad ads. You'll have to hunt around to find the app doing that.

Once you do, uninstall it, leave a negative review and if possible, report the app as it's violating part of the ToS (that the app cannot show ads outside itself).

Voxelflinger

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Every minute or so I get a blank pop up in my screen - sometimes it has an ad inside. I downloaded both kasper virus and Norton and they show the system is clean. Anyone knows what's going on? Not sure hit to remove it! :/

It may have been a browser hijacker. I got one one my N7 v2 on the second day. I did the same a you and the system was clean. I deleted the cache on the Samsung and Google browser apps and the problem was solved. No matter what I did when launching the apps I would get a pop up webpage with an irritating ad. I tried to change the homepage and that did not work. Deleting the page did not work. Only clearing the cache did. No factory reset needed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis