Hi,

I picked up my replacement AT&T Note 7 at Best Buy last week on the 21st but have yet to receive the latest software update. When I check, I receive the message saying that I already am running the current version, however, my battery is still grey and not green. Is there a way for me to force the update or to download to my computer and manually update?

Thank you,

Mike
    09-26-2016 08:43 AM
    I picked up my replacement at Best Buy yesterday. I got one update on my unit. The last 4 digit of build num is: APHE.
    09-26-2016 09:35 AM
    Hi,

I picked up my replacement AT&T Note 7 at Best Buy last week on the 21st but have yet to receive the latest software update. When I check, I receive the message saying that I already am running the current version, however, my battery is still grey and not green. Is there a way for me to force the update or to download to my computer and manually update?

Thank you,

Mike
    Are you on AT&T Network? I know you said you bought AT&T note 7 but making sure you are connected to their network. No AT&T sim card= No updates. When I got my replacement, the update was instant at the store as soon as I turned it on.
    09-26-2016 10:20 AM
    Yes, I was running mine without the sim on wifi (to set it up) and did not get the update until I switched the sim. I got it about 2 hours after putting the sim in.
    09-26-2016 10:34 AM
    I've had mine since the 20th and still no update for me.
    09-26-2016 12:04 PM
    I went almost a day before the update popped up on my AT&T N7. Give it some time it will come (I even tried to check for updates and nothing, then It came after midnight the day I got it). it did not need any approvals, it just ran.

Cheers,
    BR
    09-26-2016 12:29 PM
    Are you on AT&T Network? I know you said you bought AT&T note 7 but making sure you are connected to their network. No AT&T sim card= No updates. When I got my replacement, the update was instant at the store as soon as I turned it on.
    Same on my t-mo
    09-26-2016 12:39 PM
    I'm on my second replacement Note7 because of a hardware issue with my first replacement. The first one got the update over night within a couple hours of setting it up. This one, is verified as safe via IMEI checker, but I got it as a replacement to the replacement device this past Friday, and I have yet to get the update. When I called AT&T, they said to either call Samsung or take it to a Best Buy to have the Samsung Rep there "force" the update. I called Samsung, and they said they could not force it over the phone even after verifying my IMEI. They rep tried to tell me I had to send it to their repair center in Texas for it to be evaluated and repaired, and then they would sent it back to me. After letting them know that was not an option, they said I could take my chance with going into a Best Buy and seeing if the Samsun Rep there has the tools to perform a flash on the device to try to force the update. As it is, I am not traveling anytime soon, so I am trying not to worry about it.
    09-26-2016 12:59 PM
    So I finally got the update. I actually got a call back from AT&T tech support. After explaining the situation and issue, the rep figured out that because I had received the update on my first replacement, and the IMEI on the account was for the first replacement, the system didn't know to push out the update again to my new device/IMEI. Once I gave him the new IMEI, updated it on their end, and was able to push out the update to be activated once I did a reboot. So now I have the green battery.

In short, make sure your carrier has the proper IMEI for your device.
    09-26-2016 08:07 PM