broke my new phone :(

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Again, I would suggest backing up your device. FDR it. Take it back and say you're there for the recall. Get the new device and worry about the activation after you get it. If you can get it. One of the reasons I stick with AT&T, is as long as I have a current account and an active SIM, I can just swap it whenever I want.

Dalaryius13

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
I'm going today to try my luck MSM0511, yeah I thought about them saying that to which makes it even more worrisome, but its obviously internal--and working at verizon for 5 years I never saw a cracked back cause this kind of issue.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Again, I would suggest backing up your device. FDR it. Take it back and say you're there for the recall. Get the new device and worry about the activation after you get it. If you can get it. One of the reasons I stick with AT&T, is as long as I have a current account and an active SIM, I can just swap it whenever I want.
Verizon would know he's not there for the recall as soon as they pull up the account and see that the switch has taken place already.

Dalaryius13

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
I'm not even trying to go in there and lie. Essentially. I had to replace my perfectly fine phone with a phone that had issues and couldn't replace it due to availability. I mean i think that's valid. I'm not trying to game the system.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm not even trying to go in there and lie. Essentially. I had to replace my perfectly fine phone with a phone that had issues and couldn't replace it due to availability. I mean i think that's valid. I'm not trying to game the system.

I understand your pain, as I've been to my carrier and through the Samsung repair process a number of times to get my device fixed. The carrier is going to stick to their guns 99% of the time. Go through Samsung to get your device repaired, and they'll quote you a cost and estimate the repair time. Push hard enough and you may be able to negotiate a repair price.

Luckily, you can forego the above by paying out the insurance deductable and getting whatever replacement they give you when they are available.

Dalaryius13

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
That's my next step. So they're still out of stockk, so I'd be stuck with my defective phone regardlesss if I broke it. This whole recall situation was trash...I loved my old one. Smh

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
They will not replace a broken device. I tried to replace my daughters S6 cause the screen rotation does work, but she broke the charging port and they said it's an insurance claim now. If she hadn't broke the charging port they said it would have been replaced free cause of the software issue. Thank goodness for wireless charging at least.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
AT&T would be able to do the same. We use sim cards and just swap on Verizon these days too. There's just a record of what devices are on an account.

Yes, but I dont need to ask AT&T to activate my phone when I get a new device. So AT&T won't have to look up anything, as was the case with my last 5 devices, including the 3 notes I've had because of the recall and a hardware issue. I did get my device from Best Buy though, because I bought it outright. And when I had to exchange my last Note7 because of a screen issue, the rep agreed with me, that it would have been less of a hassle had i just said I was there for the recall and not a hardware issue exchange.

But again, my conscious won't let me do that either.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but I dont need to ask AT&T to activate my phone when I get a new device. So AT&T won't have to look up anything, as was the case with my last 5 devices, including the 3 notes I've had because of the recall and a hardware issue. I did get my device from Best Buy though, because I bought it outright. And when I had to exchange my last Note7 because of a screen issue, the rep agreed with me, that it would have been less of a hassle had i just said I was there for the recall and not a hardware issue exchange.

But again, my conscious won't let me do that either.

We don't have to ask Verizon to activate our phones either so I'm not sure I understand what you think that difference is.

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
They will not replace a broken device. I tried to replace my daughters S6 cause the screen rotation does work, but she broke the charging port and they said it's an insurance claim now. If she hadn't broke the charging port they said it would have been replaced free cause of the software issue. Thank goodness for wireless charging at least.
So who told the representative that the charging port was broken? And without any physical damage a broken charging port is usually a reason a device gets exchange with no questions asked.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
We don't have to ask Verizon to activate our phones either so I'm not sure I understand what you think that difference is.

OH, I see. I was not aware, since I've only ever been on AT&T. From what others I know on Verizon, and other posts I've read on the various forums I've been in, people on VZW and Sprint usually have to contact their carrier when they want to change devices in order to get the proper service. So then if Verizon doesn't have to do anything, why would they check his account?

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
So who told the representative that the charging port was broken? And without any physical damage a broken charging port is usually a reason a device gets exchange with no questions asked.

I told them cause they said the the phone would be inspected for damage and that was not a manufacturer defect. And if I were to trade it for a new one cause of the software issue I would be charged for a broken device. Kinda sucks cause now it's 200$ for a replacement device with the insurance claim.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
OH, I see. I was not aware, since I've only ever been on AT&T. From what others I know on Verizon, and other posts I've read on the various forums I've been in, people on VZW and Sprint usually have to contact their carrier when they want to change devices in order to get the proper service. So then if Verizon doesn't have to do anything, why would they check his account?
It used to be that way, not anymore with the LTE phones. It's the same as on a GSM carrier. But they would have to look at his account to process the exchange for a recalled unit. They don't just accept the device and hand you a new one without looking in the system lol.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
It used to be that way, not anymore with the LTE phones. It's the same as on a GSM carrier. But they would have to look at his account to process the exchange for a recalled unit. They don't just accept the device and hand you a new one without looking in the system lol.

That's what happened with me. But I bought mine outright, so there was no need to look at my account.

Joneser2006

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
That's my next step. So they're still out of stockk, so I'd be stuck with my defective phone regardlesss if I broke it. This whole recall situation was trash...I loved my old one. Smh

Did Verizon document that you had the defect but were unable to get it replaced? If so, try to press that point, maybe a supervisor could do something for you.

Dalaryius13

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
ZOMMBIE, yeah I get that. I'm just hoping that I can get some kind of concession because of the availability issue. It seems like they haven't any in stock since the initial recall day. I'm going to try and speak to a Supervisor about it. The rattling is SO obvious tho. It actually distorts the sound of the notifications, like its an obvious defect. I screwed up because I should've gone back on thursday, the day after I did the recall but I was letting my screen protector dry so I didn't use the phone enough to notice (went back to my note 5 till it dried) BTW, I would reccommend the skinomi screen protectors as it's adhered to my edges WELL, not perfectly but if you follow the instructions it definitely works better then the 1 I tried before.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX