I returned my note 7 got a temporary device and I'm glad

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

That survey is just a little better than meaningless. Online polls like that one do not use random sampling, so the results aren't reliable. The people most likely to respond may have been those most irritated with Samsung or their carrier at the time. FWIW, that number conflicts strongly with Samsung who says that 90% are opting to go with a new Note 7.

Why 90% of customers still want their Note7 | Computerworld

larry1014

May 23, 2010
Visit site
The projector is not going to be on the final device and neither is a 30mp camera. I posted the link to show how early rumors are starting to leak. The s8 have two sizes 5.1 and 5.6 both are 4k screens and both have 6gb of ram with at least 64gb internal memory along with a 16 or 20 mp camera with the night time tech from the 12mp in the note 7 and s7

I don't see how a 4k screen will do much in a 5.6 screen. The large MP camera doesn't almost amount to a better picture.IMO.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I returned my note 7 and although it was the best Samsung device I ever had I'm glad I got to have it for 6 weeks and give it back because of this recall but now looking at this below which I hear is being launched in the first 2 weeks of January. Samsung Galaxy S8 specs leak; 30MP camera, Snapdragon 830 processor and built-in projector - Pocket-lint

Ridiculous rumours that you posted. 30MP camera? Samsung will not jump from 12MP to 30MP. Also, look at the current trend of smartphone cameras. The current trend is moving away from a single high MP camera to dual lens cameras.

Built in projector? Even more absurd. Not many know that there was once a Galaxy phone with built in projector. It was bulky and it didn't sell. I personally think it's awesome but the market is what it is. Check it out;

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=bcW1sLfefLY

Rated_R_1911

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Ridiculous rumours that you posted. 30MP camera? Samsung will not jump from 12MP to 30MP. Also, look at the current trend of smartphone cameras. The current trend is moving away from a single high MP camera to dual lens cameras.

Built in projector? Even more absurd. Not many know that there was once a Galaxy phone with built in projector. It was bulky and it didn't sell. I personally think it's awesome but the market is what it is. Check it out;

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=bcW1sLfefLY

I guess you didnt see my post

The projector is not going to be on the final device and neither is a 30mp camera. I posted the link to show how early rumors are starting to leak. The s8 have two sizes 5.1 and 5.6 both are 4k screens and both have 6gb of ram with at least 64gb internal memory along with a 16 or 20 mp camera with the night time tech from the 12mp in the note 7 and s7

Black Z anyone in the tech field should know whats real and whats not also, when things are usually leaked there is 50% truth and 50% outlandishness that just how early leaks work, I would hope you didnt take the projector and the 30mp camera seriously when samsung devoted alot of its funding on this new camera tech dealing with low light pics, Samsung will improve upon its current tech and the final claim will be probably 16mp with low light emphasis but 20mp is not out of the picture. The projector was complete nonsense. The new S8 will have a superhydrophobic screen with 5.1 or 5.6 4k screen and the 4k is more for VR and Google VR samsung is trying to become the new VR standard. Soon you will hear alot of leaks because the design just went final in the last week.

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Lol i remember the rumors for the note7. The only way I'll buy the note8(if theres another note again?) is if it has a 4k display and over 4,000mah battery.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Tell me something. How come no other manufacturer followed in the steps of the Nokia Lumia 1020? That was revolutionary with its over sampled 41MP camera. Imagine what could have been done with that 3 years later in development.

Rated_R_1911

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Tell me something. How come no other manufacturer followed in the steps of the Nokia Lumia 1020? That was revolutionary with its over sampled 41MP camera. Imagine what could have been done with that 3 years later in development.

The bigger the mp the bigger the camera sensor if someone continued Nokia work we would be on 50mp sensors that's the size of half the phone, Nokia was good but in this tech world they would have Dialed it back also, space and size is super important. Samsung was smart they stop worrying about mp and focused on quality and focus. Too bad they didn't pay enough attention to battery. The battery materials Samsung is using is not innovative it's old tech materials with new tech software managing the battery.

The Phone Company

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I have a really hard time believing that spec-sheet.

A 30MP camera is borderline impossible. They would need a really big sensor to cram that much pixels in without sacrificing pixel-size. Given how Samsung's gamble with the 12.2MP "Dual-Pixel" shooter seems to have paid off, I doubt they would go and throw that in the water in favor of a really high megapixel count that would almost certainly require a larger sensor and more space in the actual phone itself. I'm not talking a 1/2-inch sensor. Likely something closer in size to the Lumia 1020's 2/3" sensor.

Cramming a 4200mAh battery in such a petite frame with a 5.2-inch display (that likely has trimmed bezels) just seems like an impossibility unless they make that thing really thick. I'm all in for larger batteries, but knowing OEMs, I doubt they'd make a phone really thick for more battery. A shame for some of us heavy users, but that's the reality.

It's stuff like this that make me have to constantly remind people to peg back expectations so that you won't be bitterly disappointed by reality.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
These rumors are frankly stupid. You put them all together and get a device that's a) $2000+ b) thicker than many laptops c) using at least one component that won't be ready for Q1 2016 if in 2016 at all.

This is a wish list that shows a lack of understanding about what specs are important and what the future of mobile currently looks like.

Rated_R_1911

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

Im fine with that because actually these are numbers from samsung which states im not alone and even some with replacements are having issues Samsung says only 60 percent of Galaxy Note 7 phones have been replaced in US and Korea - The Verge

I really like the Note 7 dont get me wrong I think its one of the best devices but its doomed for a poor view reality in the long run

Rated_R_1911

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I repeat, if you want "gossip"
...feast your eyes on this!

Here's how Samsung's foldable Galaxy X smartphone will work | Stuff

(this seems to have slipped under the radar so I am reposting)

I know the link is gossip anyone in the tech field know its gossip but some of the components are true, the leaks are coming fast and frequent and with the design going final this past week we are going to start hearing alot of leaks on the S8 especially with the Note 7 replacements having certain failures.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
but its doomed for a poor view reality in the long run

I am not sure what it is you are saying there.

Also, "only" 60% of the 2.5 million Note 7's are already returned less than 1 week after replacements became available :) While I think that is actually very good, it's not at all relavent to what I mentioned, which is what you were quoting - in actuality, 90% of returnees got the Note 7 again.

I can understand moving to another phone. I am happy with my replacement.