I returned my note 7 got a temporary device and I'm glad

Rated_R_1911

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I returned my note 7 and although it was the best Samsung device I ever had I'm glad I got to have it for 6 weeks and give it back because of this recall but now looking at this below which I hear is being launched in the first 2 weeks of January. Samsung Galaxy S8 specs leak; 30MP camera, Snapdragon 830 processor and built-in projector - Pocket-lint

Im placing this in the top post because people are not getting my point
The projector is not going to be on the final device and neither is a 30mp camera. I posted the link to show how early rumors are starting to leak. The s8 have two sizes 5.1 and 5.6 both are 4k screens and both have 6gb of ram with at least 64gb internal memory along with a 16 or 20 mp camera with the night time tech from the 12mp in the note 7 and s7
Also anyone in the tech field should know whats real and whats not also, when things are usually leaked there is 50% truth and 50% outlandishness that just how early leaks work, I would hope you didnt take the projector and the 30mp camera seriously when samsung devoted alot of its funding on this new camera tech dealing with low light pics, Samsung will improve upon its current tech and the final claim will be probably 16mp with low light emphasis but 20mp is not out of the picture. The projector was complete nonsense. The new S8 will have a superhydrophobic screen with 5.1 or 5.6 4k screen and the 4k is more for VR and Google VR samsung is trying to become the new VR standard. Soon you will hear alot of leaks because the design just went final in the last week

Last edited:

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
All rumors with no factual basis. Nothing reported anywhere about a January launch that I have seen.
However, all it takes is for one person to report it and it's officially a rumor.
I just read two stories on that site and both contradict each other. Rumors are split on everything - processor, camera, screen type, etc.
I wouldn't expect anything before March, at the earliest. If it comes with a larger minimal edge screen, I might consider the S8 plus. I honestly don't believe there will be an edge variant, just S8 and S8 plus, both with the Note7 type curves.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
As usual, nothing official confirmed. I'm on JOD so if it is true, I'm ordering anyway and then waiting for the next Note to come along.

But if you returned your Note, what are you using now to 'keep you afloat' while you wait for the supposedy-rushed S8?

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
N7 is enough to last me for a few years unless Samsung comes out with 3D hologram video calling, like star wars or something...

Rated_R_1911

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
As usual, nothing official confirmed. I'm on JOD so if it is true, I'm ordering anyway and then waiting for the next Note to come along.

But if you returned your Note, what are you using now to 'keep you afloat' while you wait for the supposedy-rushed S8?

I went and picked up a 64gb note 5 on ebay for 250 to hold me over and I rommed it where I'm getting better battery life than my note 7 but don't get me wrong the note 7 is a hell of a device. I had no complaints with mine but I'm a tech head because I work in the tech field I flip phones all the time and to the other poster the S8 will launch at the latest first week of Feb to assist the quarterly fiscal report. Samsung is no fool they understand the financial loss and stigma assigned to the note 7 they are going to push the other devices forward. The stock price will be the determining factor. The final device design and all the contracts have been signed and that never happens this early. So look for a early Jan announcement and probably a January release. February release at the latest.

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Too small for me. I'm iffy at a 5.5" anymore. I even have a Xiaomi Mi Max (6.44") that I would seriously use for my main line if it supported my Wells Fargo App. I won't even consider anything below 5.5" (and that's pushing it)

callihan_44

May 2, 2014
Visit site
The s8 plus will be 5.6 4k screen but the same casing size as the S7 Edge, take that info with a grain of salt I can't say how I know
I think Samsung having 3 different sizes is a good thing, I know people who think 5" is pushing it as being too big and others who think its tiny...Ive been with the note 4 for 2 yrs and tried an s7 for a week, good phone but cruising content like videos-reading wasn't a great experience for me due to size

Rated_R_1911

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I think Samsung having 3 different sizes is a good thing, I know people who think 5" is pushing it as being too big and others who think its tiny...Ive been with the note 4 for 2 yrs and tried an s7 for a week, good phone but cruising content like videos-reading wasn't a great experience for me due to size

I agree but the s8 will be two sizes 5.1 and 5.6 I would love a 6.2 or 6.4 but it's not going happen.

dogdooley

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Even if it is that great, I am still glad to have my Note7. After going back to my Note 5 for 2 weeks, I'm glad I have my 7 back. I'll wait for the Note8 since I really like the larger display.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
The Note line should distinguish itself from the others by having a 6" display at least. It probably would be the same width as the Note 4.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I agree but the s8 will be two sizes 5.1 and 5.6 I would love a 6.2 or 6.4 but it's not going happen.
I'd be okay with 6.2 or even 6.4 despite my little hands but I can see a little folks complaining about that size !??!

Maybe as a PLUS variant like on the S6 Edge models ?!

I always throw my phone in my handbag anyways so thr size won't be too much of an issue ...... for me anyways

Rated_R_1911

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Go from a 12mp to a 30 megapixel?....and built in projector? this information is worst then some of the iPhone 8 renders I've seen lol

The projector is not going to be on the final device and neither is a 30mp camera. I posted the link to show how early rumors are starting to leak. The s8 have two sizes 5.1 and 5.6 both are 4k screens and both have 6gb of ram with at least 64gb internal memory along with a 16 or 20 mp camera with the night time tech from the 12mp in the note 7 and s7

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Go from a 12mp to a 30 megapixel?....and built in projector? this information is worst then some of the iPhone 8 renders I've seen lol

Yes, bad information. Beside that would be a step backwards IMO as low light photography would suffer. Any I'm looking forward to seeing what Samsung does with S8s and N8s. I'm sure they will put a lot of love into them (as it seems they did with the replacement N7s).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21