Anyone in Canada receive a replacement yet?

Lundon44

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I pre-ordered through Rogers and didn't like their exchange protocol in place so I registered my device for exchange with the Samsung Canada Online Exchange program. I received an email weeks ago saying that a replacement would be shipped out to me at earliest Sept 21. Still no updates on this whole thing.

But, I did received a pop up today for an OTA update to remind me constantly to return my device lol.

olga421

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I have not received mine yet ,so I have disabled fast charging ,and i am using it until they notify me ,so it is what it is ...pls note I have not experienced any over heating from the get go .thanx

Lundon44

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I'll be honest, if this wasn't an actual mandatory recall I'd be happy with keeping mine. I'm having zero issues and shows no signs of battery issues. Hasn't warmed up once on me.

Lundon44

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Called Samsung this morning for an update. They said units are shipping right now to Canada and to be patient and wait a couple days for an email confirmation with a tracking #. Figures, I couldn't avoid the Note 7 OTA update any longer and it installed on me today. Now I get to see this damn pop up reminding me to exchange my phone 50 times a day until my new replacement arrives.

Koolphone

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up about them being shipped out. Very concerned with this exchange. Contacted Rogers, the 30 day remorse extension is almost over. If we receive these replacements in the next few days, if you received the original around Sept 1st then you will be out of the extension. I really like the Note 7 and want to keep it, but also want to make sure the replacement works accordingly.

There have been some reports, that the new battery can actually drain while charging, and will not charge at 100%. I will test them side by side to make sure the new battery is at least as good as the old one. Also seen reports that the large update on some US phones have increased battery performance,Canada has not received this update as of yet.

Rogers has been no help at all, stores do not have replacement stock, when you call in they are clueless about the exchange. Samsung cant/wont give updates on your particular phone.

Really hope this gets resolved in the next few days...

Just to clarify, I also went through Samsung for a replacement, but wanted to call Rogers to see if they had stock.

Last edited:

Lundon44

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I've also heard the same about all carriers sounding completely useless and clueless about either the arrival of new stock or sales of new stock. That's partially why I refused to deal with Rogers directly on my exchange. I'll wait it out the rest of the week for my email from Samsung and if I don't hear anything I'll follow up again next week.

sandman10

May 7, 2016
Visit site
I would have done the Samsung route, and probably would have gotten my replacement quicker, but I need a loaner!

Telus gave me a perfect condition Galaxy S6 Edge Plus to use til my 7 arrives. Its a great phone! I could easily live with this over the Note 7.

Will keep the thread updated for others when Telus calls me to pick up my 7.

olga421

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
This is becoming a f@#$# joke , I haven't received nothing from samsung to let me know that my new phone is in ,it's been 2 weeks I'm waiting till tmo ,and that's it I'm going to get all my money back ,and I will go back to BlackBerry period for f@#$# sakes

TheSpiderX

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
Still waiting on mine through Samsung Exchange. Was told on the phone I'd get a shipping notice between last Friday and Wednesday. Nothing. I'm getting pissed.

TTQ225

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
I went to Samsung store in a large mall in Vancouver today and they had no idea when the new batch will be arriving. I registered with Samsung a while ago and heard nothing from them. It's ridiculous.

Lundon44

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Lucky you guys. I called back due to no email still being received. Samsung had no record of my initial call a few days ago. Awesome. Had to re-escalate it and now provided a new ticket #. Says I should be getting a shipping noticed now by next Thursday latest. If not, call back again.

Torm558

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Just got an email from ups, well two emails

One email sending me a package, another sending a prepaid return package. I assume this is Samsung after seeing the thread earlier today saying people are getting dot return boxes.

Only issue is that I got a replacement shipment from FedEx almost 2 weeks ago that I refused because I already sent mine back for a refund.

themikeyt

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I registered my note 7 for the exchange on Sept 19. I haven't heard a thing. I've called them, and was assured I'd hear something. One agent said she'd 'expedite' my claim. Nothing. I called on Tues, was told I'd get an email within 48 hours. Two days, and nothing yet. I managed to get a hold of someone via twitter, and they said juding by my claim date, I should see a phone late next week. But, still, no confirmation to that.

I wasn't upset with the defective phone, **** happes, but, no information, is bugging me. Effectively, Samsung has my money, and I have a defective phone. No super happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15