Screen Protector, Is it Needed on a Note 7

mickeyboat

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Is a screen protector needed on my new Note 7? I purchased one, installed it but the phone protector I have fits snugly (INCIPIO) and the rubber edges keep wanting to lift the screen protector on the edges (even when not removed frequently). So is a protector really needed as glass is a lot more rugged these days?

pmendu

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
definitely need one, no glass or gorilla 5/6/7/8/10 is strong enough to withstand drops or scratches.

Apparently ZAG screen protector is best? I have to research myself too. Need one which can prevent fingerpint smudges.

Purple Spy

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
Absolutely necessary. Got the worst scratch ive ever seen on any of my phones on the front glass on my replacement note 7 on saturday. Only 2 places it was all day were my pocket and hands.

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
YES YOU DO!!!!

Love my new Note7 and at Verizon I bought their tempered curved glass screen cover...it was $39.99

It's great, and as a side bonus it covers the Samsung logo in front of screen 😚

637c3b2bb329d937490e18e09615c866.jpg

Last edited:

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Dropped my Note 7 while using Samsung Pay last night. Glad I had even a small Spigen case and Zagg screen protector on it. Almost gave me (and the cashier) a heart attack. No damage.

Rustler5150

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I've had my phone since August 19th with no screen protector on it and It's in and out of my back pocket all day every day with zero scratches or blemishes. YMMV

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
I recommend Yootech or IQ Shield screen protectors. They are not perfect but they get the job done. Zagg shield hasn't gotten good reviews for the Note 7 screen protectors.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I highly recommend that you do.

GG5 isn't all that scratch-resistant and even though it's more shatter-resistant, a good glass protector is certainly a worthwhile purchase, especially for an expensive device.

The protector costs less to replace than the entire front panel, mind you.

Rustler5150

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
IMO putting a screen protector on the N7 is like buying a Ferarri and putting a cheap tint job on it. The cheesy peeling edges make it look like junk

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
The problem is no one sells a decent one. No one wants plastic and the curved ones don't fit correctly. Your phone will look like junk with most of these protectors and the glass feel is gone. Someone please make a decent glass screen protector and I'll get one ASAP. In the meantime, it looks like my screen will stay naked.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
When my original Note 7 came the first thing I did was find a T-Mobile store that sold screen protectors and had them put one on it. It was the Zagg, and it held pretty well for a plastic one. When I got my replacement, I decided to go without a screen protector. I use a wallet flip case so when it is in my pocket it is always covered

Rustler5150

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
The problem is no one sells a decent one. No one wants plastic and the curved ones don't fit correctly. Your phone will look like junk with most of these protectors and the glass feel is gone. Someone please make a decent glass screen protector and I'll get one ASAP. In the meantime, it looks like my screen will stay naked.
This ^^

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos