Getting so sick of fake explosion reports

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
So I have been seeing more and more fake note 7 explosion reports come up, I say fake because these people can't show proof of exploded phone or won't send it for analysis. Recent report is from China and guy won't show photos.he supposedly got his note 7 this week from jd.com I don't know if this a big retailer there or what, so instantly main stream media jumped on it to create news item. In addition there were about 27 or so fake reports anyway. What are your thoughts , especially those who have a replacement note 7? Do you feel worried for the new device or do you feel those people are scammers?
Ps my replacement has had 0 issues no battery problem or heating get problem.

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Bbarbie I'm with you. Enough already! I never felt unsafe but just wanted my replacement so I could go in with my life LOL

Of course these stories are fake but what do you expect from society now.

fitcherama

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Samsung are under attack by the press it seems. There was no flurry of news reports prior to the Note 7 debacle. I hate the press for crappy sensationalist reporting but I guess that's what gets the grubby reporters words printed. I'm just holding out for my replacement N7 and looking forward to moving on.

Last edited:

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Monday morning I was watching the news and they said a Samsung tablet caught fire on a plane. They showed an image of it and it was clearly a phone, not a tablet. I did a few google searches and it looks like it was on a flight leaving Singapore but it was a Note 2 which you can swap the batteries out of so who knows if they had some cheap 3rd party battery in it. The media doesn't bother to get the facts correct anymore, they are the biggest part of the problem.

Lobwedgephil

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
The only thing these reports now will accomplish is basically destroying resale value of these phones in the future, which sucks. May be the first time the best option will be trading into the carrier.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I used to hear about batteries exploding all the time, both Samsung and others. It would come and go in a day.

Now of course every malfunctioning Samsung phone will be on the front page of every tech site (except AC thank God).

The narrative they are looking for is to further damage Samsung by implying the new batteries are just as defective as the old ones. They will stop at nothing to achieve this narrative, whether it's actually true of not.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Anyone can get a bad battery. 3rd party chargers and cables lead to fires as well. I saw these reports months before this phone came out, regarding usb-c cables not up to specs. Maybe it was one of these.
I'm only worried not about a few reports, but if they decide to act prematurely and try another recall or something similar.

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
:cool: Certainly some reports on the Note7 - Exploded battery event
it goes out of control, but I guess nothing We can do to Stop it..

In the other hang this AC-Site should start to merging most
of these threads about "Note7" battery scandal. Everytime

I Log In these Forums is plugged, with post about this
event. It has become like the Pokémon fever..on top
of that is Cluttering the Site..Do I've a point on this.?

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Exactly it seems people have no other better work than to make up these stories. For all you know even if ir was true then why not send the phone in to Samsung and who knows if its from 1st bad batch or bought through a shady reseller.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Agreed the press finds all kinds of nonsense to yap about. The only thing i can say where samsung isnt being diligent is with helping samsung.com customers get their new note 7. I keep following their thread and gosh it's a nightmare. Hope they get it soon.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Exactly it seems people have no other better work than to make up these stories. For all you know even if ir was true then why not send the phone in to Samsung and who knows if its from 1st bad batch or bought through a shady reseller.
Well in China I think they weren't supposed to have the issue (IIRC).

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Another note 7 recall would totally suck. So i have a Samsung tablet tab s2 and it always over heats and stops working, also my s6 edge used to get very hot however this note 7 never heats up.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Right but there were about 1800 test phones from bad batch floating around in china so could be that. Regardless the guy affected should have posted pix if this was a real incident.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Right but there were about 1800 test phones from bad batch floating around in china so could be that. Regardless the guy affected should have posted pix if this was a real incident.

He did post pics -- Check the article I liked before. He even posts the phone with the original box / IMEI number and all that.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
So I have been seeing more and more fake note 7 explosion reports come up, I say fake because these people can't show proof of exploded phone or won't send it for analysis. Recent report is from China and guy won't show photos.he supposedly got his note 7 this week from jd.com I don't know if this a big retailer there or what, so instantly main stream media jumped on it to create news item. In addition there were about 27 or so fake reports anyway. What are your thoughts , especially those who have a replacement note 7? Do you feel worried for the new device or do you feel those people are scammers?
Ps my replacement has had 0 issues no battery problem or heating get problem.

Was never worried. Even with my current ORIGINAL Note 7

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I just saw the link in detail and yes you are right he did post the pix and box pix. My mistake. His box has a black square on it too. Does this case make people worried now that he has posted pic also of the charred phone ?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance