09-29-2016 08:02 AM
46 12
tools
    Right. If two batteries malfunction, and 1 million phones are fine, those 2 malfunctions now become larger in the minds of the doom and gloomers than the other million.

Give me a break lol
    Carlo Villa, Bbarbie and Weils like this.
    09-27-2016 01:57 PM
    This absolutely sucks for Samsung.

They literally have to follow up on every claim and do damage control to keep the story under wraps. They probably have a Note 7 Task Force ready for deployment.
    09-27-2016 02:17 PM
    Samsung are under attack by the press it seems. There was no flurry of news reports prior to the Note 7 debacle. I hate the press for crappy sensationalist reporting but I guess that's what gets the grubby reporters words printed. I'm just holding out for my replacement N7 and looking forward to moving on.
    Sammy deserves to be attacked. They put our persons and property in danger due to inadequate QC. We should have gotten some huge discount for our trouble.
    anon(156377) likes this.
    09-27-2016 03:32 PM
    Sammy deserves to be attacked. They put our persons and property in danger due to inadequate QC. We should have gotten some huge discount for our trouble.
    Hahaha Haha true. Also now people have been posting on news that Samsung rushed note7 launch to beat iPhone 7 little did samsung know that even if they came in after the boring iPhone 7 they would still beat it in essence because iPhone is nothing spectacular or new .
    09-27-2016 04:37 PM
    Hahaha Haha true. Also now people have been posting on news that Samsung rushed note7 launch to beat iPhone 7 little did samsung know that even if they came in after the boring iPhone 7 they would still beat it in essence because iPhone is nothing spectacular or new .
    So true. The new iPhone is incredibly lame and this is coming from someone using an iPhone 6s Plus as their primary device. I actually bought a Note 7 at launch to switch away from iPhone and then this happens...talk about shooting yourself in the foot.
    09-28-2016 01:41 PM
    Well if you read it you see "the incident not pictured" which says it all. The picture is from the original N7 issue and the media is just throwing up pics to make people believe the report.
    09-28-2016 01:55 PM
    He did post pics -- Check the article I liked before. He even posts the phone with the original box / IMEI number and all that.
    No he didn't. The pics are from the original N7 issue. The report says incident not pictured. Clearly no one is reading. I thought the same til I started reading the article. It's click bait!
    09-28-2016 01:59 PM
    I think these things are all done on purpose. Samsung took the issue very seriously and called for the recall. There is no way that Samsung would take any change of sending replacements which are defective. People are taking advantage of this situation and it's a big blow to Samsung's Image as well as Stock Value. Some of these people did this for their own selfish reasons and some might even be paid to do that. The reality is that any media or a News Website would get more hits on a Article Titled 'Samsung's Replacement Unit Batteries Are not safe' rather than a article titled Samsung's Replacement Units are Safe and are better performing than before '.
    09-28-2016 01:59 PM
    OP: Agreed!!

About as bad as the "Lag" posts.
    shaleem likes this.
    09-28-2016 02:36 PM
    Agree 100% it's a bunch of rubbish and the press either reports inaccurate information or does not validate that the story is legitimate. I seem to recall several major technology manufacturers going thru Battery incidents. Even Dell. Granted these were mainly removable batteries but still valid I think. This should blow over after some time. as to the resale value of our N7's, who can say.

Cheers,
    BR
    09-28-2016 02:48 PM
    Personally, I find it hard to accept that Samsung would be so careless as to allow defective batteries in the replacement Note 7s. They are not stupid and they have to know that to allow the replacement Note 7s to have defective batteries would destroy, or at the very least, almost destroy their phone business.
    09-28-2016 03:16 PM
    Personally, I find it hard to accept that Samsung would be so careless as to allow defective batteries in the replacement Note 7s. They are not stupid and they have to know that to allow the replacement Note 7s to have defective batteries would destroy, or at the very least, almost destroy their phone business.
    We are talking Samsung here, the company that rushed this phone out to beat the iPhone and it bit them. Hard and deep.
    Cooler299 likes this.
    09-28-2016 03:19 PM
    It's hardly going to destroy their phone business. It just destroys the sales of one device. They will recover no issues come S8 series, or more specifically, Note 8.
    09-28-2016 03:31 PM
    Agreed and they should be more careful I would hope. By the way now there is news about samsung washing machines exploding too crazy. Going back to the note 7 topic, should I be scared to use it on plane with a anker portable battery charger and original samsung Cord?.
    09-28-2016 08:52 PM
    Yup, I know this has nothing to do with the Note 7 but they seem to have another product that explodes.

https://www.engadget.com/2016/09/28/...-warning-cspc/
    09-28-2016 09:11 PM
    I just think this whole thing is getting a little tiring. The Note 7 looks likes an awesome phone, but it's one phone. Samsung lost this round and thank God there were no bad injuries due to the foul up. But they've done everything they could do to fix it. If that's not enough then so be it.

Buy one...don't buy one. But the whole thing has become so overblown. Jesus...
    Weils likes this.
    09-28-2016 11:09 PM
    I just think this whole thing is getting a little tiring. The Note 7 looks likes an awesome phone, but it's one phone. Samsung lost this round and thank God there were no bad injuries due to the foul up. But they've done everything they could do to fix it. If that's not enough then so be it.

Buy one...don't buy one. But the whole thing has become so overblown. Jesus...
    The media is of course going to overdo anything -- they always do. It still was a major issue for 97% to be affected so that is why it is so "hyped" you could say. Sure other phones have but those were flukes .. not 97% having the chance to do so.

It definitely sucks. I constantly switch phones and was trying to settle on one phone and then this happened so I returned. I am waiting for the V20 if they ever get on the ball with it. Either that or the Google Pixel (XL).
    09-28-2016 11:32 PM
    Agreed and they should be more careful I would hope. By the way now there is news about samsung washing machines exploding too crazy. Going back to the note 7 topic, should I be scared to use it on plane with a anker portable battery charger and original samsung Cord?.
    You can always use portable charger but only after confirming that the output of the Ports is same as that of your official adapter. The Output Current and Voltage. If that is same and as long as you use the official cable you should be safe.
    09-29-2016 02:03 AM
    The blogger was lookking for attention
    My opinion the whole thing was staged .the guy calmly films his new $800 phone burning up and his MacBook and he just video tapes it please guess he got his 5 minutes of fame
    jgraves1107 and WalkingHorse like this.
    09-29-2016 06:10 AM
    Those who are waiting for those iPhone 7s because it's on backorder, might have switched to the Note 7. Now those waiting for or had to switch out a Note 7 might switch to an iphone or go back to one. Not me, of course, but others.

All that advance tech in the Note 7 would have swayed them. Maybe Samsung should have waited.
    09-29-2016 06:41 AM
    My opinion the whole thing was staged .the guy calmly films his new $800 phone burning up and his MacBook and he just video tapes it please guess he got his 5 minutes of fame
    The macbook was probably hosed and that's why his N7 caught fire.
    09-29-2016 08:02 AM
46 12