09-29-2016 08:02 AM
46 12
tools
    So I have been seeing more and more fake note 7 explosion reports come up, I say fake because these people can't show proof of exploded phone or won't send it for analysis. Recent report is from China and guy won't show photos.he supposedly got his note 7 this week from jd.com I don't know if this a big retailer there or what, so instantly main stream media jumped on it to create news item. In addition there were about 27 or so fake reports anyway. What are your thoughts , especially those who have a replacement note 7? Do you feel worried for the new device or do you feel those people are scammers?
    Ps my replacement has had 0 issues no battery problem or heating get problem.
    Viscomi4444 and kabeeo like this.
    09-27-2016 10:50 AM
    Currently the only one reporting on this that I have found is AppleInsider. I'm sure other outlets will pick it up. It's a very flimsy article w/ no real evidence. Just that a guy said his caught on fire, he wouldn't let a Samsung rep take the phone and now he's trying to "publicize" the issue.

New Galaxy Note 7 fire raises worries Samsung didn't fix battery problems
    brau0303, recDNA, Bbarbie and 1 others like this.
    09-27-2016 10:54 AM
    Bbarbie I'm with you. Enough already! I never felt unsafe but just wanted my replacement so I could go in with my life LOL

Of course these stories are fake but what do you expect from society now.
    09-27-2016 11:08 AM
    I read about this on CNN a few minutes ago. It mostly talked about the overheating problems.
    09-27-2016 11:18 AM
    I read about this on CNN a few minutes ago. It mostly talked about the overheating problems.
    Yeah I believe we read the same one here -- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 smartphone catches fire in China - Sep. 27, 2016.
    Bbarbie likes this.
    09-27-2016 11:19 AM
    That's the one. Came through as a notification on my Mac and Surface Pro 3.
    09-27-2016 11:20 AM
    Samsung are under attack by the press it seems. There was no flurry of news reports prior to the Note 7 debacle. I hate the press for crappy sensationalist reporting but I guess that's what gets the grubby reporters words printed. I'm just holding out for my replacement N7 and looking forward to moving on.
    09-27-2016 11:21 AM
    Monday morning I was watching the news and they said a Samsung tablet caught fire on a plane. They showed an image of it and it was clearly a phone, not a tablet. I did a few google searches and it looks like it was on a flight leaving Singapore but it was a Note 2 which you can swap the batteries out of so who knows if they had some cheap 3rd party battery in it. The media doesn't bother to get the facts correct anymore, they are the biggest part of the problem.
    Carlo Villa, Jona005 and kayjbee like this.
    09-27-2016 11:35 AM
    The only thing these reports now will accomplish is basically destroying resale value of these phones in the future, which sucks. May be the first time the best option will be trading into the carrier.
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    09-27-2016 11:37 AM
    I used to hear about batteries exploding all the time, both Samsung and others. It would come and go in a day.

Now of course every malfunctioning Samsung phone will be on the front page of every tech site (except AC thank God).

The narrative they are looking for is to further damage Samsung by implying the new batteries are just as defective as the old ones. They will stop at nothing to achieve this narrative, whether it's actually true of not.
    09-27-2016 11:45 AM
    Anyone can get a bad battery. 3rd party chargers and cables lead to fires as well. I saw these reports months before this phone came out, regarding usb-c cables not up to specs. Maybe it was one of these.
    I'm only worried not about a few reports, but if they decide to act prematurely and try another recall or something similar.
    09-27-2016 11:47 AM
    Certainly some reports on the Note7 - Exploded battery event
    it goes out of control, but I guess nothing We can do to Stop it..

In the other hang this AC-Site should start to merging most
    of these threads about "Note7" battery scandal. Everytime

I Log In these Forums is plugged, with post about this
    event. It has become like the Pokémon fever..on top
    of that is Cluttering the Site..Do I've a point on this.?
    09-27-2016 12:04 PM
    Exactly it seems people have no other better work than to make up these stories. For all you know even if ir was true then why not send the phone in to Samsung and who knows if its from 1st bad batch or bought through a shady reseller.
    Sam_Gs7 likes this.
    09-27-2016 12:10 PM
    Agreed the press finds all kinds of nonsense to yap about. The only thing i can say where samsung isnt being diligent is with helping samsung.com customers get their new note 7. I keep following their thread and gosh it's a nightmare. Hope they get it soon.
    09-27-2016 12:12 PM
    Exactly it seems people have no other better work than to make up these stories. For all you know even if ir was true then why not send the phone in to Samsung and who knows if its from 1st bad batch or bought through a shady reseller.
    Well in China I think they weren't supposed to have the issue (IIRC).
    09-27-2016 12:13 PM
    Another note 7 recall would totally suck. So i have a Samsung tablet tab s2 and it always over heats and stops working, also my s6 edge used to get very hot however this note 7 never heats up.
    09-27-2016 12:15 PM
    Right but there were about 1800 test phones from bad batch floating around in china so could be that. Regardless the guy affected should have posted pix if this was a real incident.
    09-27-2016 12:17 PM
    Right but there were about 1800 test phones from bad batch floating around in china so could be that. Regardless the guy affected should have posted pix if this was a real incident.
    He did post pics -- Check the article I liked before. He even posts the phone with the original box / IMEI number and all that.
    dstrauss likes this.
    09-27-2016 12:19 PM
    So I have been seeing more and more fake note 7 explosion reports come up, I say fake because these people can't show proof of exploded phone or won't send it for analysis. Recent report is from China and guy won't show photos.he supposedly got his note 7 this week from jd.com I don't know if this a big retailer there or what, so instantly main stream media jumped on it to create news item. In addition there were about 27 or so fake reports anyway. What are your thoughts , especially those who have a replacement note 7? Do you feel worried for the new device or do you feel those people are scammers?
    Ps my replacement has had 0 issues no battery problem or heating get problem.
    Was never worried. Even with my current ORIGINAL Note 7
    Carlo Villa and Bbarbie like this.
    09-27-2016 12:48 PM
    I just saw the link in detail and yes you are right he did post the pix and box pix. My mistake. His box has a black square on it too. Does this case make people worried now that he has posted pic also of the charred phone ?
    09-27-2016 12:50 PM
    He did post pics -- Check the article I liked before. He even posts the phone with the original box / IMEI number and all that.
    Ouch - that is the "square box" replacement model - sure hope they have a really good explanation for this one...
    Bbarbie likes this.
    09-27-2016 12:56 PM
    Ya i tried to run his imei but format ia different so cant see if his was a recall one or the good one but ya the black square is on the box :/..24 hours and it goes boom that's fast.
    09-27-2016 01:02 PM
    The only thing these reports now will accomplish is basically destroying resale value of these phones in the future, which sucks. May be the first time the best option will be trading into the carrier.
    The resale value will not matter to people who have first and second generation JUMP with T-Mobile....I will still get half of my costs returned in place of a new phone next year no matter what
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    09-27-2016 01:12 PM
    I really question how they wouldn't let a Samsung rep look at their device to verify the cause of the problem that doesn't make any sense to me at all.
    09-27-2016 01:16 PM
    This was a media witch hunt, plain and simple. In my opinion all these media outlets owe it to Samsung to now run stories about how many false stories there were and the fact that replacement devices are now available. There is absolutely no integrity in today's society.
    09-27-2016 01:51 PM
46 12