Which is better - Fast or Regular wireless charger ?
    Same question for Wired charger, if that makes a difference?
    09-27-2016 02:46 PM
    Which is better - Fast or Regular wireless charger ?
    Same question for Wired charger, if that makes a difference?
    Better for what?
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-27-2016 03:03 PM
    "Fast" charging is really slow charging, "regular" charging is even slower. A lithium battery can be charged at up to 1C (the capacity of the battery - IOW, if it's a 3250mAh battery, it can safely be charged at 3.25 Amps), but "fast" charging never goes that high. The limit is heat - if fast charging causes your battery to get hot (it varies among individual batteries), don't fast charge it.

A wireless charger adds some heat, but if you can grab the phone after an hour of charging and it's not uncomfortably hot, it's fine. A wireless charger saves the microUSB port, otherwise, there's not much difference. (I drop my phone on the wireless pad every night - it lasts most of the next day - and the battery is almost 4 years old.)
    09-27-2016 04:10 PM
    I'll just say I routinely use the Samsung Fast Wireless Charging Stand to charge my Note 7. I generally charge it between 9:00 PM and 10:30 PM while I am still awake (yeah, trust factor I guess). I do have an old Verizon (I'm with AT&T now) corded Mobile Fast Charger from my Note 4 or 5 that I use once in a great while in the car if needed but it's very rare. Love that Samsung Wireless Stand though!
    09-27-2016 04:14 PM
    Better for what?
    Open question - all criteria categories welcomed in replies
    09-27-2016 06:11 PM
    I use a fast wireless charger on the nightstand (the Samsung one) but honestly would be perfectly happy if it was a regular wireless charger as the ONLY time it gets used is at night when I'm sleeping. So a regular wireless charger (that can still hold my phone in landscape and upright) would be ideal...I don't mind if it takes 2 or 3 or 4 or even 5 hours to charge since I'm sleeping. I keep a night clock app on at night and can't imagine it uses very much juice.

I'm not working at the moment but would likely use the fast charger I currently have on the nightstand in that environment for a quick top off and holder all in one.

In my kitchen I like to keep a fast wireless charger next to my purse. Then I can quickly juice up but the phone is still nearby and very easy to "grab and go" without fumbling with cords and unplugging. In fact, I thought wireless charging in general was kind of gimmicky and now I don't know how I lived without it. I even bought a wireless charger/holder for the car. That is a regular wireless charger but it can send enough juice that I can use navigation without actually draining the battery...and depending on how long I'm driving a small amount of bump charge (VERY small).
    mmsean and From A Buick 8 like this.
    09-27-2016 06:52 PM
    I always used fast.
    dsignori likes this.
    09-27-2016 06:54 PM
    I always use fast and my wireless charges faster than wired. Wireless is Samsung model and wired is the charger that came with phone.
    msokad likes this.
    09-27-2016 07:05 PM
    I still use the Samsung wireless charger that came out when the S6 came out. I only charge when I'm sleeping so I don't need to spend money on a fast wireless charger.
    09-27-2016 09:13 PM
    Like French mentioned, I too have a couple Samsung Fast Wireless chargers. The stand one on my nightstand, and the flat one that I carry in my work bag for my desk at work. I am not always at the same office, and some times not at my desk for long, so I have that with me in case I need to top off and move. I also carry the cord in my bag for topping off if necessary at the end of the day while on my way somewhere.

I have turned off the fast wireless charging because I leave mine on the wireless stand at night.

But just yesterday in a conversation with a coworker that also has the note7, he showed me his device doesn't show an option to turn fast wireless on or off, only an option for fast wired. Has anyone seen this issue before?
    09-28-2016 06:10 AM
    Seems like a trick question ... :-)

I always use fast.
    09-28-2016 06:40 AM
    So anyone knows if Note 7 supports Quick Charge 3.0 or 2.0 ?
    Thanks
    10-09-2016 03:09 PM