ATT Note 7 Deal (truth or rumor)

simonduz

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Not sure this is true I am just relaying the message as it was told to me.
I bought one brand new Note 7 on 9/21 from ATT (yes they have them in stock, I just asked nicely). This evening we stopped in return an accessory and was told by the rep working at the ATT store this evening that tomorrow the Note 7 will be buy one get one free at ATT.

This seems like a big promotion to try and show Samsung has done right with the recall.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Well if true it means they are hoping to jump start sales from the restart. But it's really not a great deal if you are not adding a new line which I believe a BOGO deal usually requires. But sounds good if true and hope this means it will be a start of more attractive promotions to follow. My plan is to wait 30 days and see if any promotions pop up as well as make sure these Ver 2.0 phones are really sorted out.

I bought one brand new Note 7 on 9/21 from ATT (yes they have them in stock, I just asked nicely). This evening we stopped in return an accessory and was told by the rep working at the ATT store this evening that tomorrow the Note 7 will be buy one get one free at ATT.

This seems like a big promotion to try and show Samsung has done right with the recall.

dakini03

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
The trouble with AT&T BOGO deals is that to get the full $650 value of it you have to have the phone for the full 30 month Next agreement. You can trade up at 24 months, but even there you're losing six months and have to turn the device in. I have such a deal for the S7 Edge, but I probably wouldn't do it again.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
So it's not really free then if they force you to put the free one on next right? Lol. Man if it was free I'd pay off the main one and sell it and use a free note on my account. But doesn't sound that way.

dakini03

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
So it's not really free then if they force you to put the free one on next right? Lol. Man if it was free I'd pay off the main one and sell it and use a free note on my account. But doesn't sound that way.
They're both on Next and one line has to be new. It's really a contract without being called one, although you can bail at any time at large cost.

AquaRaven

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Sucks for those of us that only need one phone. I'm hoping AT&T will offer something like a free tablet or something else good (not the VR, since I wouldn't use it).

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
b9f56d7c111295dad85a9f212b27c600.png

dstrauss

May 7, 2014
Visit site

Anyone else been able to get AT&T to admit this...my son & I bought two GN7's on BOGO; when we returned them as directed he got a loaner S7e and I just used an old iPhone; last week when wnet to pick up replacements they said BOGO was gone and refused to honor it - held off replacing - would love to stick it to them for once (instead of always be the "stuckee")...

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
They have been offering, and I think they still are, the Tab E free with 2 year contract. As of a few days ago, that was still active.

ecfritts

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
They have been offering, and I think they still are, the Tab E free with 2 year contract. As of a few days ago, that was still active.
Only thing about that is - the tablet is an older model and you have to pay monthly service on it for 2 years.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else been able to get AT&T to admit this...my son & I bought two GN7's on BOGO; when we returned them as directed he got a loaner S7e and I just used an old iPhone; last week when wnet to pick up replacements they said BOGO was gone and refused to honor it - held off replacing - would love to stick it to them for once (instead of always be the "stuckee")...

Call ATT customer service & elevate to customer retention. You did nothing wrong on this deal as it was a required mfg recall. They should still honor the original purchase. Push back & tell them you are going elsewhere if they refuse to honor the original deal.
ATT Customer Service
Monday through Sunday, 7 a.m. – 10 p.m. Local time

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm going at lunch today to get a Note 7 in blue. They finally got one in to sell. This is a reseller AT&T store. Neither AT&T or Best Buy will sell them. Best Buy said only if I ordered it online for pickup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz