New Replacement Safe Note 7 catches fire and explodes in China

catloverplayer

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site

catloverplayer

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
What I'm saying is I don't think the battery was the cause of this. I think it was the charger. It could have been faked but that looks convincing to me that the phone caught fire and exploded.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
"The episode has apparently left him with two burned fingers and a damaged MacBook to go with his presumably totaled Note 7."
Unless fjngers no longer function it won't result in enough of a payday to intentionally destroy a computer & burn yourself.

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
The fact that there is no pictures of his MacBook getting fried. And no pictures of his supposedly burned fingers means it's fake. Plus the picture that I been seeing of the phone looks fake. It doesn't look like the other real pictures from other people.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The fact that there is no pictures of his MacBook getting fried. And no pictures of his supposedly burned fingers means it's fake. Plus the picture that I been seeing of the phone looks fake. It doesn't look like the other real pictures from other people.

Foxcon plant! The Macbook gave it away. Nice try Apple!!!! Getting Foxcon to do your dirty work- scoundrels!!!! :) ;)

lanenubia

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Wait, where was this? Not in China, they didn't have any recalled and replaced, I thought.
Correct. All China Note 7s used a different battery and manufacturer than the faulty batteries. Therefore, there was no recall in China. So how does a recall replacement burn up when there wasn't even a recall? Answer: impossible

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Article said he just bought it days ago... that means all new Note 7s regardless where it is after the release of version 2.0 are all version 2.0. Look at the box and has the tell tale black square right? Do you really think that every country in the world will get new units with the new labeling but China still gets the old labeling?

Correct. All China Note 7s used a different battery and manufacturer than the faulty batteries. Therefore, there was no recall in China. So how does a recall replacement burn up when there wasn't even a recall? Answer: impossible

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
The pic is clearly a Note 7. Not a S7 or S7 Edge or S7 Active, etc. Looks to have burned from the inside out with the burn markings. We'll just have to see what Samsung finds because i think they will have to fly to China ASAP and squash the story ASAP if it's real or not. Did he blow it using a third party cable or charger? If so does that really matter? I would be concerned if you can't use other usb-c connectors without fearing some short circuit... I have so many micro usb cables from G2, G3, other devices and never an issue... but I have to be careful of a more modern usb-c being more sensitive to their phones?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Here are the supposed pictures

IMG_3030.JPGIMG_3031.JPG

His refusal to send it in for an investigation, citing distrust in Samsung and wanting to publicize the issue does make it somewhat sketchy in my eyes, but I won't be jumping to conclusions right now.

Instead, I thought I'd share what I dug up, with some help from people I know.

You see, in this particular case, the rear glass panel popped up, possibly caused by the battery inflating due to a ruptured cell. In this case, I suspect that either the battery overheated or overcharged, causing some of the cells to rupture, inflating the battery quite badly to the point of explosion, indicating that a safeguard designed to stop that from happening may have failed.

That brings me to another thing. There seems to be some burn marks on that cable. That could be a side effect from the fire, but I need to see the entire cable. If there are more burn-marks on the cable itself and the connector, chances are, that it could be a wallwart failure, but since the user hasn't posted much info and that he refused to send it in, I can only speculate at this point.

I also did an IMEI check, and it's confirmed to be one of the "safe" batches.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
The burn Mark mark on the phone looks a little different then the others that had burned with the battery issues. The burn on the phone above looks more centered. Not directly over the battery on the right hand side on the back and left hand side on the on the front.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante