New Replacement Safe Note 7 catches fire and explodes in China

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
What the hell does Apple have to do with it? I went from Note 3 to Note 7 back to Note 3. I love Note phones. Just don't trust the 7 now. A month of good reviews here and I'm back in Note 7 but I won't be the crash dummy at full price.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
No, I personally won't pay full price for the Note 7 either. I was going to at release... planned to buy with BB card over payments to avoid losing my unlimited plan with AT&T lol. But right now if my only choice was full price I wouldn't. I have an "in" through work to get at discount and waiting for a few more weeks to see if any deals like free memory or something to make it more a value.

What the hell does Apple have to do with it? I went from Note 3 to Note 7 back to Note 3. I love Note phones. Just don't trust the 7 now. A month of good reviews here and I'm back in Note 7 but I won't be the crash dummy at full price.

dstrauss

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Oh boy, if there's a Note7 battery recall v2.0, it's going to be another mess, probably a bigger one, considering that Tim Baxter himself publicly stated that the new ones are safe, putting his rep and that of Samsung, on the line.

I really hope that doesn't happen, though, but I've planned ahead anyway.

There won't be a second recall - if this is all for real, regardless of the cause, it will be the end of the Note 7 model and on to 2017 hopefully for a Note 8 revision. So sad to see this happening to one of the best smartphones ever...but guilt by association is an awful thing, and only diehards like the folks around here will keep buying at this rate...

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Does Samsung paying tribute to terror organizations??? so explosive lately!!! :D

Another recall won't happen, they will to axe the Note 7, as it already losing even before selling, with iPhone 7 is out, v20 will be out soon, and S7E is great alternative to Note 7, there is zero reason to buy the Note unless u need the spen badly.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Wth i have samsung washer and dryer since 4 years they better not explode . So weird like hello samsung you are supposed to make electronics not weapons. I hope there isn't a recall part 2. I am also traveling next week and I am wondering if I should use my anker battery pack to charge note 7 with the original samsung Cord? Thoughts ? I'm scared now even though I have the good note 7 thanks to the explosion in china

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Samsung recalls Note 7 due to battery issues.

Charlatans take advantage to get $$$ or their 15 minutes of fame.

CPSC takes advantage to wage political battles.

Bloggers take advantage to get clicks.

Consumers suffer.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
People can think whatever they want, but I don't automatically believe what I read on the Internet.

I need a little more conformation than a staged photo and click bait articles.

What ended up happening with that kid and the supposed Note 7 exploding on him? Exactly.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
While I get being skeptic isn't a bad thing since you don't want to believe everything... But batteries exploding was the reason for the recall so I'm baffled how some act as if it's all a lie. Sure some are... The whole time I've been alive I've never seem something that affects every single person or device 100% but keep in mind some were legit and that's why Samsung did what they did. They wouldn't do a mass recall if they didn't have any true evidence on some issues / claims.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
That's not the original article either. Not to mention the fact that oh yeah my friend is here to video it while it burns my house to the ground. Funny how that happens isn't it? Like the gas container in the passenger seat in the jeep. So exactly where did his woman sit? Batteries can go up in smoke but these people are just looking for a payout. Also in this video I can't tell but is that how the Asian charger looks? Looks kinda like the U.S. charger with those prongs.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
While I get being skeptic isn't a bad thing since you don't want to believe everything... But batteries exploding was the reason for the recall so I'm baffled how some act as if it's all a lie. Sure some are... The whole time I've been alive I've never seem something that affects every single person or device 100% but keep in mind some were legit and that's why Samsung did what they did. They wouldn't do a mass recall if they didn't have any true evidence on some issues / claims.

Yeah, I don't care if there were 6 billion recalls done. I make it a habit to wait for more info before believing what I read on the net.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
He also purchased this Note 7 from JD.COM which is basically a Chinese version of Amazon. Now I'm just speculating here but just because the IMEI on the box checks out doesn't mean the IMEI on this actual device checks out. For all we know the seller on this website could of sold him a recalled Note 7 and put it in a replacement Note 7 box. Did they check the IMEI on the actual device or just the one on the box?

There just have been too many stories out there of exploding Note 7's that have damaged property or caused harm to people and the stories turned out to be false.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
That kid whose supposedly said the Note 7 caught fire in his pocket while at Costco was a fraud. He claimed that he didn't know about the recall but people found out that he was tweeting about the recall on his Twitter account the day Samsung issued the recall. Then he deleted all the tweets on his Twitter account.
He also worked at a cell phone store and Costco so he absolutely knew about the recall but failed to listen to the warnings issued by Samsung. If you work at a cell phone store you will have no issues getting a loaner phone. He was just looking to become rich quick and it back fired on him. I also agree as I need confirmation from a reputable source before I believe these type of stories.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
You see, in this particular case, the rear glass panel popped up, possibly caused by the battery inflating due to a ruptured cell.

In an Android FB group I seen a pic where the back panel was popped off. Guy had put up in a box waiting to exchange. Went to take out of Box and back panel was separated. It Didn't show any burn marks nor did he claim it did so.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
1a117040fcbdd7234d09a18a7e78f013.jpg

Older recalled Note 7. I Still thought it was interesting and somewhat in line with the convo.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Funny... People don't believe what they read on the net.... Unless it says new phones are safe. Then believe it for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol