New Replacement Safe Note 7 catches fire and explodes in China

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Who's to say he didn't drop it causing the battery to be damaged. I dropped my evo 3d and it instantly started getting warm.

The Phone Company

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
This whole ordeal is a win win, can go either way… either

a) People are oh so unbelievably gullible, if this were true it would be on mainstream news with more media coverage than this unknown website. And not only that, but that people really shouldn't "feel sorry for" these corporations as if you actually really knew, you'd be fully aware that Apple and Samsung are in cahoots as with such companies such as Coca-Cola/Pepsi, McDonald's/Burger King, CVS/Walgreens, Walmart/KMart, Apple/Microsoft, etc. Etc. Etc. They really don't "feel the pain" as they are wayyy to "powerful".

or

b) yes these Phones are a disaster and the ONLY way to ensure ABSOLUTE Safety in the future is to NEVER again produce ANY phone with an Unremovable Battery. EVER.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Nothing is 100% safe. The question is whether the Note 7 is as safe as Note 5. I doubt it. Even now. We'll see

Here's my thing. I don't know and I don't care. What I mean by that is, the damage is done to the Note 7 brand. It's done. In terms of public perception, they are not safe, no matter what Samsung has done to ensure people that's not the case.

If one Note 7 blows up, it's now one too many. If 2 S7 Edge or iPhone 7 phones blow up, it's barely a story.

It's all about perception at this point. So no, I'm not going to just believe a story I read on the net about a random "new" Note 7 exploding. When it's proven to be true, or several more blow up, then you'll get my attention.

On the other hand, this phone will never be thought of as safe even if not another one blows up ever.

Samsung has a major rep problem to overcome. What I think about a phone halfway across the world blowing up is irrelevant.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
If one burns in a kitchen and nobody is hurt it doesn't make the news. If people are injured or in a plane big story no matter the brand

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
If one burns in a kitchen and nobody is hurt it doesn't make the news. If people are injured or in a plane big story no matter the brand

Right. But that is NOT the case with a Note 7, new or otherwise.

If a Note 7 looks at someone funny it's news, even if it's one of the so called "good" ones.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Right now, any type of failure is going to make news... because anything "NOTE 7 FIREZ" will get clicks, or ratings, etc. That's how it'll be for a little bit, at least until the next shiny thing catches the media's attention and they move on.

Fact is that there WILL be story where a new Note 7 catches fire.... it happens. You go digging around and you'll find stories of damn near every phone on the market suffering a nasty battery failure. It's the nature of the beast. But a story about a Moto Z catching fire is ho-hum... but another Note 7? Whoa nelly....

So Samsung will be on top of anything that pops up... and they will be held to a higher standard than the other OEMS. They aren't going to be given any sort of leeway when it comes to any type of failure, even if the new Note 7s end up with a much lower failure rate than the rest of the industry. But that's the price they'll pay for releasing a phone with a nasty defect.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Right now, any type of failure is going to make news... because anything "NOTE 7 FIREZ" will get clicks, or ratings, etc. That's how it'll be for a little bit, at least until the next shiny thing catches the media's attention and they move on.

Fact is that there WILL be story where a new Note 7 catches fire.... it happens. You go digging around and you'll find stories of damn near every phone on the market suffering a nasty battery failure. It's the nature of the beast. But a story about a Moto Z catching fire is ho-hum... but another Note 7? Whoa nelly....

So Samsung will be on top of anything that pops up... and they will be held to a higher standard than the other OEMS. They aren't going to be given any sort of leeway when it comes to any type of failure, even if the new Note 7s end up with a much lower failure rate than the rest of the industry. But that's the price they'll pay for releasing a phone with a nasty defect.
That's just the harsh reality of our world.

And on that note, I've got my replacement. We'll see how this goes.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Oh that's right... your post reminds me you had that issue with #brickgate with those exynos machines. With all the explosion talk other issues got pushed to the side... wonder if that's been resolved?

That's just the harsh reality of our world.

And on that note, I've got my replacement. We'll see how this goes.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Oh that's right... your post reminds me you had that issue with #brickgate with those exynos machines. With all the explosion talk other issues got pushed to the side... wonder if that's been resolved?
I'm not sure.

So far, it's working fine. But I'm not sure what else has changed aside from the battery.

Though one thing was different in this one compared to my old one. The S Pen now fits much more tightly in its cavity, and wobbles around far less than before.