New Replacement Safe Note 7 catches fire and explodes in China

Breuklen

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Damn Samsung. Now washing machines exploding. They can't catch a break. And there's a class action suit in the works as some these washing machine customers allege that Samsung tried to coverup the exploding machines. Maybe one reason that this guy doesn't want to turn over the phone to Samsung.

I know the usual SOP is to retrieve the damaged goods, replace free of charge (with other goodies) and to secure a "keep your mouth shut" agreement. Apple, LG, etc have apparently done this in the past.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Damn Samsung. Now washing machines exploding. They can't catch a break. And there's a class action suit in the works as some these washing machine customers allege that Samsung tried to coverup the exploding machines. Maybe one reason that this guy doesn't want to turn over the phone to Samsung.

I know the usual SOP is to retrieve the damaged goods, replace free of charge (with other goodies) and to secure a "keep your mouth shut" agreement. Apple, LG, etc have apparently done this in the past.
Have you seen the Commercial for the new Samsung Washing Machine with the Rinsing Sink in the top of the machine - the first time I saw the commercial was about three weeks ago and without even thinking, I said to my wife "That's to throw your Galaxy Note 7 in, if or when it catches fire!" She looked at me with that disgusted face that wives make and said "Not Funny, Jim!" She was right... but hey... spur of the moment, middle of the crisis??? C'mon?

Breuklen

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
And now Chinese State TV is weighing in on the fires. They're criticizing Samsung for not having a recall in China. If there are more fires in a short period of time, Samsung will be toast quickly. Their position the last few years has already declined. They don't need something like this.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
And now Chinese State TV is weighing in on the fires. They're criticizing Samsung for not having a recall in China. If there are more fires in a short period of time, Samsung will be toast quickly. Their position the last few years has already declined. They don't need something like this.
The one weird thing is that China's Note7 is almost identical to the ones we have internally post-recall.

So even if they did issue a recall, they'd be getting the same phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo